Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by bagheera
    my girlz 16"

Super Nice!! How much suspension on that fork? Your a good man!
    On-One ScandAl 29er
    "...Obviously you're not a golfer"

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by foxtrot
    Super Nice!! How much suspension on that fork? Your a good man!

Thanks That's a 100mm Reba. She was interested in a full suspension 26'r. Since I was paying I bought the rrrrreal thing, she is SUPER stoked!!!! And of course the color is

mtbr member
    I have that same frame arriving this week for my wife. She's stoked to have a purple bike. It's gonna be built up from the spare parts bin for the most part, cept for the fork, saddle, and meats.

Apr 2007
    Any of you know of a good way to cover up that inbred dude on the seat tube? My wife loves her Inbred (26"), but not fond of that dude. Maybe just a sticker will be the easiest.

mtbr member
    I have a lightly used On One Superlight steel fork with a 7" steerer tube, if interested PM me.

Did I catch a niner?

Just finished it about 10 minutes ago

The BB7 does fit just on release it hits against the frame so a frame saver of course fixed this. This was my first bike build up and took about 5hrs for me to do. I had to have the LBS press fit the headset and cut the Project 321 post (they gave me a great deal on everything, only charged for a headset install).

The two reasons I decided to build it were the MK 2.4 rubbed on my Cannondale frame, and that it was raining.

EDIT: Cranks are fixed!
    Last edited by Mr Pink57; 06-14-2010 at 02:22 PM.
    Mr. Krabs: Is it true, Squidward? Is it hilarious?
    https://www.dollarshaveclub.com/ref/...A0CC/s/tx/cx/1

Apr 2007
    Hey, thought you were going to sell that frame? Glad you decided to build it up. Looks great. On my wife's, I just filed down that bolt a little bit. Frame saver is a good idea, but I'm assuming that multiple hits from the bolt would sheer right through it.

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    This was my first bike build up and took about 5hrs for me to do.
    Nice - but your cranks don't look right!

WNC Native
    Quote Originally Posted by Clink
    Nice - but your cranks don't look right!
    LOL, maybe he's starting a new trend
    "I ride to clear my head, my head is clearer when I'm riding SS. Therefore, I choose to ride SS."~ Fullrange Drew

Did I catch a niner?
    Quote Originally Posted by p nut[B
    ]Hey, thought you were going to sell that frame?[/B] Glad you decided to build it up. Looks great. On my wife's, I just filed down that bolt a little bit. Frame saver is a good idea, but I'm assuming that multiple hits from the bolt would sheer right through it.
    Did not got much for buyers

It probably will go through it but I will cross that bridge when I get there. I do have some hydro brakes I can put on also but I don't want to go through trouble of bleeding them right now.
    Mr. Krabs: Is it true, Squidward? Is it hilarious?
    https://www.dollarshaveclub.com/ref/...A0CC/s/tx/cx/1

mtbr member

Front Derailleur

Getting an Inbred 29er, I want to run 3x8, On-ones site says the derailleur clamp is 29.8, can't seem to find that size, do I need a shim?
    WTB: Bontrager Comp Fork & Syncros metal top cap

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by mrjustin007
    Getting an Inbred 29er, I want to run 3x8, On-ones site says the derailleur clamp is 29.8, can't seem to find that size, do I need a shim?
    Looks like the have two of the numbers on their website transposed. 29.8mm is the seat clamp size and 28.6mm is the front derailleur clamp size.

mtbr member
    Thanks, that confused me. Makes it far easier to find a derailleur.
    WTB: Bontrager Comp Fork & Syncros metal top cap

Apr 2007
    On One has quite a few mistakes on their site (example: 26er Inbred says v-brake mount is removeable - but they don't come with v-brake mounts period). But at least they're good at making bike parts.

Prices seem to have gone up a bit, as now it's $269 shipped from On One (compared to $250 shipped a few weeks ago).

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by p nut
    Prices seem to have gone up a bit, as now it's $269 shipped from On One (compared to $250 shipped a few weeks ago).
    yep, the exchange rate is on the move back in the other direction now. I think their price in pounds hasn't changed

mtbr member
    Nov 2008
    Hi, am getting an On One Inbred 29er and am wondering if I would be better served with an On One 29er carbon fork or an On One 26 inch carbon fork but running a 29 inch front tire ala the Ragley TD-1

Some opinions please....

mtbr member
    Wow...I'm really digging the rear caliper placement. Curious how much an XL frame weighs.
    Signature

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    For those running a front derailleur, what are you guys using to shim the derailleur clamp? Can't seem to find any shims for 28.6 to 34.9 clamp.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by sankaman
    For those running a front derailleur, what are you guys using to shim the derailleur clamp? Can't seem to find any shims for 28.6 to 34.9 clamp.
    What brand/model did you get? My Shimano FDs have always come with the necessary shims.

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by boomn
    What brand/model did you get? My Shimano FDs have always come with the necessary shims.
    I have an on one 456 and I'm using a shimano xt fd. I believe my fd only came with a shim for 30.6mm tube.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by sankaman
    I have an on one 456 and I'm using a shimano xt fd. I believe my fd only came with a shim for 30.6mm tube.
    interesting. Maybe they don't ship 28.6 clamps anymore because they are now less common? Just guessing

Anyway, Shimano does sell the clamps separately

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by boomn
    interesting. Maybe they don't ship 28.6 clamps anymore because they are now less common? Just guessing

Anyway, Shimano does sell the clamps separately
    thanks for the link. My current setup is a PITA and ugly to look at.

mtbr member
    Jan 2009

Inbred 29er

I have a Onone Ti 456 an ace bike. I really want to build up a 29er. I'm just of 6 ft so was thinking a 20 or 19.5 inch frame what do you reckon?

Should I get an Inbred. should I wait to see what Onone are going to deliver with the carbon 29er and new breed inbred?

I'm a bike addict!

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    I can say with complete confidence that you will love your Inbred. Anybody who owns one will agree - they are beautifully crafted and the do-it-all geometry is the shizzle. Steel, too? You (and by saying "you" I mean WE) will have these frames for 20+ years swapping out parts as they get bad. I'll ride my Inbred forever.

I wish the purple was offered when I bought mine, though

mtbr member
    Jun 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by zarf1
    I have a Onone Ti 456 an ace bike. I really want to build up a 29er. I'm just of 6 ft so was thinking a 20 or 19.5 inch frame what do you reckon?

Should I get an Inbred. should I wait to see what Onone are going to deliver with the carbon 29er and new breed inbred?
    If you're in the US, www.unrealcycles.com might have some 19.5 Inbreds. I'm 5-10 and the 18" is perfect so the next size up sounds like your size. Actually with a 100mm fork, the standover is a little high, but still ok.

I don't know anything about the new Inbreds. What are they coming out with as a replacement?

As far as the carbon, I'd wait another year or so and let them work any bugs and get some better graphic and color options. I think Unreal also has some ti 29ers left, but not sure on the size. Call Pete and ask him.

Steve
    Visit my Photography Website
    http://www.wanderlustgalleries.com

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast