mtbr member
    Dec 2008

On-one Inbred with a 130mm Fork?

I know On-one website states 120mm Max, but I bought the revelation XX 150mm (reduced to 130mm) before i bought the frame. Want to build a bike for my 10 year old daughter.
    Her height is around 4'11" and bought a 14" white inbred . I have no idea if the frame will be too big for her because they said the inbred have longer effective top tube than most 14" bike frame. So I bought a 50mm stem and a zero offset seatpost. How much of the standover height will be increased with the 30mm increase in front (compared to a 100mm fork).

Big Paws on a Puppy!!
    Don't know how much help I can offer but speaking from 1st hand experience I've run my 20" frame inbred 26" with both a 130mm RS Revelation and a 100mm Manitou Minute. Granted I'm almost 6'2" but the clearance difference at the top tube between the two forks was barely noticeable. What I did notice was the extra height at the handlebars so I had to really rethink my riding position when going from one fork to the other because the 130mm was so much more "upright" in terms of riding position.

It helps that the standover height on the Inbred is pretty low to begin with. My guess is that as long as the top tube length is good she should be fine.
    ‎"My bicycle masters boardwalk and quagmire with aplomb." - Tom Nuttall

mtbr member
    Dec 2008
    thanks bro, really appreciate the response. Now waiting for the frame to be delivered.