mtbr member
    May 2011

On-One disappointment...

I know that there were more than a few of us here that ordered the Lurcher frame and waited a little longer than expected to receive it. I ordered mine along with an Inbred frame and waited about a month-ish before they arrived. That wasn't a big deal I understand the amount of traffic that sale drew and rightfully so.

When my frames arrived I was very excited and pretty much forgot the long wait... they were home, safe and sound. I tore into the inbred right away knowing that I would be building it up asap (ill get some pics up once it done) but I opened the Lurcher's box and kept it wrapped up. I just wanted to be able to see it in person but didn't need to take it out because I will not be able to build it up for a while.

I finally tore the packaging off because I finally couldn't stand it being packaged anymore. The frame looked great and it felt cool to hold my first carbon frame. I decided to take out the plastic BB shell and head tube caps and to my dismay this is what the head tube looked like on the top (1 1/8" side). Looks to have been dropped on the head tube pre-shipment and there is a tiny crack in the carbon and as you can see, the aluminum on the inside has been dented pretty good as well. Very disappointed to have to send it back after the long wait and I am just going to ask for a refund because I really don't want to wait again and, although not likely, risk the same situation.

I have two emails sent out asking for information on getting the return started with no luck so far. Hopefully I am not being set up for further frustration/disappointment. I was really hoping to get into On-One whole-heartedly after investing in two frames and reading all the reviews I could find but it's not looking promising so far. Sorry for the rant... just wanted to get it out there.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails On-One disappointment...-lurcher-damage.jpg  

mtbr member
    Just get it out there? Not sure why you are flaming them without talking with them first. On One guys seem very supportive, sometimes things just happen.
    “People fear death even more than pain. It's strange that they fear death. Life hurts a lot more than death." JM

mtbr member
    May 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Pauldotcom View Post
    Just get it out there? Not sure why you are flaming them without talking with them first. On One guys seem very supportive, sometimes things just happen.
    I have no doubt that they will do their best to help. If you would please read the post before commenting you would have read that I have sent two emails and I am still awaiting said "help". Flaming would be ranting based on unjustified means and I would consider this an airing of grievances, more than anything, justified by the situation described. Who wouldn't be frustrated?

I have emailed before without response and just let it go so this time I decided to post. I am hoping for the best but the outcome is yet to be determined.

I definitely meant no offense with my post. I will be riding an On-One (probably multiple) and I can only hope that a company I support returns the favor.

Just Ride!
    You really should consider calling them, less likely to get passed over and lost in the shuffle than email. But on the other hand, they were supposed to send me the correct expansion plug for my fork, but that was over four months ago and of course I've acquired my own since then. Hope this works out well for you and On-One fixes their apparent growing pains.

mtbr member
    If you could DM me your email ticket number I'll have this looked into. Sorry it's arrived in that state.

mtbr member
    May 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by brant View Post
    If you could DM me your email ticket number I'll have this looked into. Sorry it's arrived in that state.
    Brant jumped in and within a matter of hours the issue is being reviewed. Big thanks to Brant for pushing this. It is people like you that keep people like me as repeat customers.