Thread: On One DeeDar

Team NFI
    Mar 2007

On One DeeDar

Next evolution of the 456's or a completely new beast?

Hardtail Enduro Hooligan | On-One Bikes

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Enduramil View Post
    Next evolution of the 456's or a completely new beast?

On the fence between this, the Orange Crush, and Transition TransAm...
    The DeeDar is at least $250 less than the others.
    Wish there was more info/review online.

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    Surprised there's not more chatter about this!! Looks cool.

mtbr member
    Jul 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by reformed roadie View Post
    On the fence between this, the Orange Crush, and Transition TransAm...
    The DeeDar is at least $250 less than the others.
    Wish there was more info/review online.
    believe transAm was discontinued for 2017

mtbr member
    Aug 2016
    I have discovered that as well- I went to get fitted for a trans am yesterday and was informed they were discontinued AND out of remaining 2016s. Very disappointed. So I am looking at on one deedar instead. Maybe others. I want to hear more about the dee dar!

mtbr member
    May 2015
    I too would like to see more... really not much info besides the manufacturers specs.

mtbr member
    So has anyone got this bike yet. Would like to read some real world reviews.

Rocks belong
    If I was looking for a 27.5 steel AM HT today... I'd probably buy the DeeDar. Looks great.
    I like 'em long, low, slack and playful

mtbr member
    I've been on the DeeDar for prolly a month and a half now. Couldn't be happier with it. It's a good bit longer up front than the 456. I normally buy xl frames, but took a chance on the large, which feels great to me. I'm coming off a DB Mason, which is an alloy 29er version of the same thing. Love the compliance and handling of the DeeDar. From last night's ride:

I should note that I am running it with a non standard setup, sporting 26"x47mm wheels and 2.4 tires. Gonna try some 2.8's for fitment in a few days. BB is 12.x" with this setup, so it rails corners like no other. I've used it everywhere from the skate park, to the jumps, the street, and trails from XC to dh. It's seen 15+ foot gaps and ~6 foot drops.

I do short trail highlights videos from time to time. These two were shot on the DeeDar, one in Arkansas, and the second in my home state of Michigan.

I wouldn't mind if it were designed around the boost standard, and allowed even more clearance, but it's a great bike nonetheless, and for the price... it's like you're losing money if you don't buy it. ;-)

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    Those r some nice trails! I just built a Deedar but like how u went with 26x47 wheels!

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    Here's a pic of my Deedar. Can't wait to take it out! On One DeeDar-image.jpg

mtbr member
    May 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by AllMountin' View Post
    I've been on the DeeDar for prolly a month and a half now. Couldn't be happier with it. It's a good bit longer up front than the 456. I normally buy xl frames, but took a chance on the large, which feels great to me. I'm coming off a DB Mason, which is an alloy 29er version of the same thing. Love the compliance and handling of the DeeDar.

I should note that I am running it with a non standard setup, sporting 26"x47mm wheels and 2.4 tires. Gonna try some 2.8's for fitment in a few days. BB is 12.x" with this setup, so it rails corners like no other. I've used it everywhere from the skate park, to the jumps, the street, and trails from XC to dh. It's seen 15+ foot gaps and ~6 foot drops.

I do short trail highlights videos from time to time. These two were shot on the DeeDar, one in Arkansas, and the second in my home state of Michigan.

I wouldn't mind if it were designed around the boost standard, and allowed even more clearance, but it's a great bike nonetheless, and for the price... it's like you're losing money if you don't buy it. ;-)
    I've been on an Inbred for several years and I've been wanting something longer and more slack. The Dee-Dar caught my attention, but I am sticking with 26" wheels, so I didn't think it was an option. You mention the BB height is over 12". My BB is roughly 12 3/8" and I'm happy there. So this may be a good option! Are you getting many pedal strikes? Any chance you could post some pictures? I'd really be interested in a profile showing the wheels and clearance. Great videos by the way!

mtbr member
    Jun 2013
    Whats the difference between the 4560b and the DeeDar? and what makes the DeeDar (according to On One website) the next level 45650B?

I'm looking at cost and the tried and true 45650b is $100 USD cheaper. And the DeeDar is made for only a 140mm Fork. Just trying to figure out if its worth it or if the 45650 offers the same qualities for cheaper?

any opinions ?

ILIKEBIKES
    Aug 2009
    dfhqdfh
    Last edited by tjchad; 03-07-2017 at 01:27 PM.

MTB Addict
    Jun 2007
    Looks like the DeeDar is a 142x12 rear instead of 135x10. 45650b is set up to run a front derailer, the DeeDar isn't. The 45650b has rack mounts, the DeeDar doesn't. The DeeDar adds internal cable routing for a dropper and is spec-ed for a 130 - 160mm fork. 45650b says 100 - 150mm fork.

DeeDar looks to have a bit slacker head angle and steeper seat tube angle as well. Based on the geometry spec, it looks like a 130mm Pike would get the DeeDar to its spec-ed geometry so going towards the longer end of the suggested fork range would make it significantly slacker than the 45650b.

mtbr member
    Sorry for the delay, but here are a few pics of clearance out back with 26+. Tire is 2.6" actual, or 66mm.

Loads of clearance up top, and about 1/4" average at the chainstays. I eyeballed the dish on my wheels, so a little more on the non drive side for me. Prolly an inch or more clearance for height at the chainstay yoke.

Fit and finish is notably better on this frame than my 456 Evo. More modern geo, with longer front center. Keep in mind that the travel versatility is just marketing. There were no adjustable bits on the Evo, so bb height and angles are compromised at longer/shorter travel, or for all travels.
    Last edited by AllMountin'; 10-30-2016 at 01:10 PM.

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    I barrowed some RF 40mm wheels and 27.5x2.8 Maxxis Reckon from my good friend at Woodside Bike Shop, Woodside CA. Put them on the Deedar for testing and its extremely close but was fun. I did get some rub on lower arm near BB. Enjoy the pics
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails On One DeeDar-image.jpg  

On One DeeDar-image.jpg  

On One DeeDar-image.jpg  

On One DeeDar-image.jpg  

mtbr member
    Mar 2015
    Just got my frame, waiting on other bits to build it up, I'm measuring the BB shell as 73mm not 68mm as it says on their website...
    Is it me that's got this wrong!?

Rocks belong
    Quote Originally Posted by eandrew View Post
    BBQ shell as
    Pork or brisket? Maybe smoked turkey?!

mtbr member
    Mar 2015
    Stupid autocorrect! Go ninja edit

mtbr member
    Just got my frame, waiting on other bits to build it up, I'm measuring the BB shell as 73mm not 68mm as it says on their website...
    Is it me that's got this wrong!?
    No, you're right. I had a brand new BB in the listed size, but had to throw in a used BB because it didn't fit.

mtbr member
    May 2011
    BBQ shell
    Quote Originally Posted by 06HokieMTB View Post
    Pork or brisket? Maybe smoked turkey?!
    73mm if pork; 68mm if smoked turkey. Pork is a fatty meat

MTB Addict
    Jun 2007
    I did kinda question it being listed as 68mm on their site, considering the older 456 frames all use a 73mm BB shell.

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    I thought the BB was 68mm as well but in the end, just needed one spacers on non drive side. 👍

mtbr member
    Nov 2016
    It is 73mm on mine. Spec on the web may be wrong...

mtbr member
    Mar 2015
    All built up and looking good! A pulled hamstring is stopping me actually ride just yet, but soon!

Next stupid question is, do I really have to undo the 3mm bolt on the other side of the lever every time I want to take out the back wheel! I genuinely can't see how else it works!

mtbr member
    Mar 2015
    On One DeeDar-img_2929.jpgOn One DeeDar-img_2925.jpgOn One DeeDar-img_2927.jpgOn One DeeDar-img_2926.jpg

mtbr member
    Nov 2016

Looks great but whats the weight of the frame like?? proper heavy, feel slow?

mtbr member
    Mar 2015
    Let me put it like this...
    I've picked up frames before, and thought, wow, that's light...

I didn't with this one

Team NFI
    Mar 2007
    To bad On One doesn't offer the drops outs in other axle formats.

Now the difficult choice.....replace the stolen Chromag Stylus with a Deedar or a 45650b

mtbr member
    May 2011
    According to the On-One website:

"The rear drops are bolt in units as well. So you'll be able to swap between different axle options once all this wheel standards nonsense settles down- we like 12x 142 for now so that's what you get out of the box."

Dee-Dar frame

Compared to the 45650B, the Dee-Dar has a longer reach, taller stack height, and lower BB. That sounds like the better choice to me. They're both currently on sale.

Team NFI
    Mar 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by j0hn View Post
    According to the On-One website:

"The rear drops are bolt in units as well. So you'll be able to swap between different axle options once all this wheel standards nonsense settles down- we like 12x 142 for now so that's what you get out of the box."

Dee-Dar frame

Compared to the 45650B, the Dee-Dar has a longer reach, taller stack height, and lower BB. That sounds like the better choice to me. They're both currently on sale.
    Just heard back from On One, they are not currently offering drop outs for the Deedar in other axle sizes. To bad.

mtbr member
    Feb 2015
    Hey guys i am interested in this frame a few questions. Headtube is zs 44/50 mm yes? BB is 73mm threaded? Seat tube is 30.9?

Thanks for any answers

Rocks belong
    Quote Originally Posted by 3names View Post
    Hey guys i am interested in this frame a few questions. Headtube is zs 44/50 mm yes? BB is 73mm threaded? Seat tube is 30.9?

Thanks for any answers
    On One's website has specifications for this bike...

(click size & specs)

Frame Material Double butted Cro-Mo
    Frame/ Forks Weight, Approx, (med) (g) TBD
    Wheel Axles (mm) 142x12mm
    Seatpost Size (mm) 31.6
    Seat Clamp Size (mm) 34.9
    Front Mech Type NA
    Front Mech Clamp Size (mm) -
    Wheels 27.5" / 2.4"
    Mudguard mounts No
    Rack Mounts No
    Bottle Cage Bosses 1
    Brake Type Disc
    Bottom Bracket BSA 68mm
    Dropper Compatable Yes /Stealth routing
    Headset Type INT/EXT Tapered
    Headset Model -
    Shock Stroke/Length NA
    Shock Mounts NA
    Fork Travel 130-160mm
    Dropouts THRU
    Cable Routing EXT & INT
    Di2 Compatible NA

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    According to PlanetX Deedar build, 44/50 on headset and yes to everything else. I ordered same headset from their site just to ensure proper fit. The BB threw me off because stated 68mm but it's 73mm because only had to use one spacer on non drive side. Hope this helps

mtbr member
    anyone know if there are any import taxes or anything bringing one to the US?

Team NFI
    Mar 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by mtnbikerdude View Post
    Here's a pic of my Deedar. Can't wait to take it out! Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	2071 
Size:	145.0 KB 
ID:	1100098
    Looks good. What size?
    Last edited by Enduramil; 11-23-2016 at 03:57 PM.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by boardjnky4 View Post
    I didn't pay anything, but I'm pretty sure I had to pay at the post office when I got my 456 frame a couple years ago. Maybe 20 or 30 dollars? Don't know why the difference.

Team NFI
    Mar 2007
    Curious what the measurement is from BB to the seat tube and top tube junction is. I know On One gives the measurement for BB to top of seat collar. This will help me narrow down the frame.

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    Any thoughts on sizing? At 5'10" I'm leaning towards a large with a 35mm stem...

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    It's a large

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    That's wired! My Deedar thru axle doesn't have a bolt needed to remove. But I did swap out Deedar thru axle with a Rockshox one. Way better the stock axle feels like it's gonna break and cheap.

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    I think you will like reach on a large but not sure if you like that the seatpost is 19". Works for me but I'm 6'1"..

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    That's the only thing I'm not sure about, but measuring my other bikes I should JUST be able to squeeze in a 125mm dropper... Large ETT is 15mm longer than my FS, but reach is 13mm shorter, so think a medium would feel a bit small.

Rocks belong
    Quote Originally Posted by Dingleberry88 View Post
    That's the only thing I'm not sure about, but measuring my other bikes I should JUST be able to squeeze in a 125mm dropper...
    Cut the seat tube gusset off and make room for a 150mm dropper.

Seriously. Shortening a Surly fatbike seat tube.

Quote Originally Posted by Dingleberry88 View Post
    Large ETT is 15mm longer than my FS, but reach is 13mm shorter, so think a medium would feel a bit small.
    Reach will get 15mm longer when you sit on it and the bike sags. ETT will get about 5mm shorter. This is not the case with your F/S bike.

Don't believe me? Put the geo into this calculator and then reduce the fork a2c height by 33mm (130mm x 25%) (what the DeeDar's geo shows)

geometryCalc

Rocks belong
    Quote Originally Posted by boardjnky4 View Post
    No import taxes below $800 USD. Obama changed that this year. Make sure they ship through RoyalMail which transfers to USPS.

You DO NOT want them to ship FedEx or UPS or someone like that. They charge you customs brokerage fees.

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    I think you will like reach on a large but not sure if you like that the seatpost is 19". Works for me but I'm 6'1"..
    Any chance you could measure the centre of BB to saddle rails? Would give me a rough idea of how much room I'd have.

Cut the seat tube gusset off and make room for a 150mm dropper.

Seriously. Shortening a Surly fatbike seat tube.
    The gusset must be there for a reason though... But guess that's an option if I ever decided to get a longer dropper...

Reach will get 15mm longer when you sit on it and the bike sags. ETT will get about 5mm shorter. This is not the case with your F/S bike.
    Looks like it'd end up pretty close to my FS measurements then! Think large might be the right choice.

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    Sorry to say but ended up breaking down bike. I bought another so the Deedar has been dismantled temporarily.

mtbr member
    Apr 2016
    What headsets are you using?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    Ended up using headset recommend on PlanetX website from their build of the Deedar. It states 44/50 int/ext, Cane Creek. The only bad is headset doesn't come with top cap n bolt! Go figure! Lol

tacos al carbon
    Dec 2009
    No import taxes below $800 USD. Obama changed that this year. Make sure they ship through RoyalMail which transfers to USPS.

You DO NOT want them to ship FedEx or UPS or someone like that. They charge you customs brokerage fees.

tacos al carbon
    Dec 2009

Good job!

Quote Originally Posted by comptiger5000 View Post
    Looks like the DeeDar is a 142x12 rear instead of 135x10. 45650b is set up to run a front derailer, the DeeDar isn't. The 45650b has rack mounts, the DeeDar doesn't. The DeeDar adds internal cable routing for a dropper and is spec-ed for a 130 - 160mm fork. 45650b says 100 - 150mm fork.

DeeDar looks to have a bit slacker head angle and steeper seat tube angle as well. Based on the geometry spec, it looks like a 130mm Pike would get the DeeDar to its spec-ed geometry so going towards the longer end of the suggested fork range would make it significantly slacker than the 45650b.
    Adding to this, 45650b headtube has 44 EXTERNAL lower cup

Need DEEDAR too....MUST...RESIST

mtbr member
    Apr 2016
    Mine came from dhl. No extra charge. Just the 68 bucks from on one for shipping. Bike came packaged well. So ready to finish this build!!

MTB Addict
    Jun 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by jcdisco20 View Post
    Mine came from dhl. No extra charge. Just the 68 bucks from on one for shipping. Bike came packaged well.
    Same with mine.

mtbr member
    Dec 2015
    Ended up using headset recommend on PlanetX website from their build of the Deedar. It states 44/50 int/ext, Cane Creek. The only bad is headset doesn't come with top cap n bolt! Go figure! Lol
    Tempted by the frame but being put off by my inability to understand headsets. The recommended one is £55 which seems really expensive to me.

The top is integrated and 44mm ID i believe and bottom external and 50mm? For tapered forks? If so then I'll probably look on Chain Reaction Cycles for something more appropriate. Anyone else recommend one they have used?

mtbr member
    Apr 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by coomber View Post
    Tempted by the frame but being put off by my inability to understand headsets. The recommended one is £55 which seems really expensive to me.

The top is integrated and 44mm ID i believe and bottom external and 50mm? For tapered forks? If so then I'll probably look on Chain Reaction Cycles for something more appropriate. Anyone else recommend one they have used?
    Here is the response I got from chain reaction and on one themselves for headsets. Thought about trying to get a chris king but will more likely order a hope mixnmatch.

mtbr member
    Dec 2015
    That's absolutely brilliant. Thanks so much; I appreciate it.

mtbr member
    Dec 2015
    I found this on eBay as well. Have used brand x stuff before and it was OK. Might be worth a try for the price

BrandX Sealed 44mm 1.1/8" - 1.5" Tapered Headset 44IETS MTB Bicycle Bike Brand-X | eBay

mtbr member
    Jun 2010
    I've just put one of these together and in the interests of keeping it cheap and cheerful, I went with the Brand X headset mentioned below, from CRC (Brand-X Headset - 44IETS - Sealed | Chain Reaction Cycles). I can confirm it's the right item for the 44mm head tube, for a tapered steerer fork. I read a few negative comments about people struggling to fit them without distorting etc, and crown races obstructing the cups, but I didn't have any issues. Just using a cheap headset press from On One too Jobsworth Headset Frame Cup Press (Also BB Press) | On - One

Biggest frustration so far, and not a big one, is that the exit for the dropper routing at the top of the down tube is IMHO on the wrong side for running on the left hand side of the bar which, given the frame is meant to be 1X specific, is a bit naff!!

I found this on eBay as well. Have used brand x stuff before and it was OK. Might be worth a try for the price

BrandX Sealed 44mm 1.1/8" - 1.5" Tapered Headset 44IETS MTB Bicycle Bike Brand-X | eBay

mtbr member
    Jan 2010
    What forks are you all running on your deedars? I was hoping to build a "XC" bike. I am a big DH rider who hits big drops and gaps on most rides. Was thinking about picking up one of these, popping in a works angleset and running a 120ish mm fork on it to keep the BB low.

mtbr member
    Jan 2017
    Mine came with the Sektor Gold RL 140mm.

mtbr member
    Apr 2016
    I'm building mine with a Mattoc pro 160. Haven't rode it yet but can't wait.

mtbr member
    Same as jcdisco20. Running a Mattoc Pro. Set at 150 mm in 27,5" mode. First ride yesterday: very satisfied! Have to post a Picture.

I really noticed the steeper seattube in combination with no suspension at the back. I switched all my Components from an Intense Tracer2 frame that cracked.

3,14 kg bye the way. 19"/large with headset cups and rear axle.

mtbr member
    Apr 2016
    Almost finished

mtbr member
    Aug 2013
    I asked On One to install and FSA Pig on my 456 Evo 2. It was the first time I'd ever had indexed steering from a new bearing. Because it was installed, I could not get it warrantied.
    Goodbye '95 ZJ. Just so you know, transfering box of left behind womens panties to next truck. Thank you ZJ!

mtbr member
    Apr 2016
    I have about 20 miles around town on it. I really enjoy this bike so far. I have to order a 180 rotor then I'll install front brake. Until then it's just tooling around town. Great ride and I enjoy the 1x10 gearing with 11-36.

mtbr member
    Dec 2015
    That's looking good. What front ring size are you using with a 36 tooth cassette?

mtbr member
    Apr 2016
    That's looking good. What front ring size are you using with a 36 tooth cassette?
    I have a 32 tooth upfront.

mtbr member
    May 2017
    I barrowed some RF 40mm wheels and 27.5x2.8 Maxxis Reckon from my good friend at Woodside Bike Shop, Woodside CA. Put them on the Deedar for testing and its extremely close but was fun. I did get some rub on lower arm near BB. Enjoy the pics
    Reve or Yari up front? Did it rub? No boost?

it's....
    Built this up a few weeks ago, lots of fun on flow trails.
    Revelation 150mm, 1x10 with AB oval 32t ring.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails On One DeeDar-deedar.jpg  

mtbr member
    Almost finished

What is that color called? I don't see any options other than matt black and raw burn...
    'T'is only a flesh wound...
    Some videos

mtbr member
    Apr 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by gotdurt View Post
    What is that color called? I don't see any options other than matt black and raw burn...
    It is anthracite. I bought the frame many months ago. May no longer be an option.

Sent from my ASUS_X008DC using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    It is anthracite. I bought the frame many months ago. May no longer be an option.

It is shown, but not listed... I sent them an email. If there's a chance they'll be getting more, I'll wait...
    Some videos

mtbr member
    Apr 2016
    It is shown, but not listed... I sent them an email. If there's a chance they'll be getting more, I'll wait...
    The frame is nicely made and the color is great. I recommend it.

mtbr member

Finally got back to me; they say they no longer offer it... would be nice if they'd remove it from their website...

Meanwhile, I'm debating on waiting for a used one; flat black with white is uninspiring, and I have a hard time with paying $60 extra for no paint, lol (I realize there's a coating, I have the raw 456). Anyone have a med one with anthracite finish they want to sell in the states, let me know.
    Some videos

mtbr member
    Apr 2016
    Finally got back to me; they say they no longer offer it... would be nice if they'd remove it from their website...

Meanwhile, I'm debating on waiting for a used one; flat black with white is uninspiring, and I have a hard time with paying $60 extra for no paint, lol (I realize there's a coating, I have the raw 456). Anyone have a med one with anthracite finish they want to sell in the states, let me know.
    I agree. Hopefully you can find one. Sorry i cant let mine go! I wouldnt have minded the raw but i agree paying more is silly.

mtbr member
    Aug 2010

Deedar urban assault

Wanted to post up a pic of my Deedar!! It's been fun with the Schwalbe Super Moto tires, Salsa rigid 29er fork and dropper post. 👍
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails On One DeeDar-img_0348.jpg  

mtbr member
    Wanted to post up a pic of my Deedar!! It's been fun with the Schwalbe Super Moto tires, Salsa rigid 29er fork and dropper post. 👍
    That's an awesome build. I was looking to see if anyone was running there's Urban with the rigid Fork. Plus you have the dropper installed. I was thinking I could do something similar to that with a p2 fork. How does the bike feel hopping it with the rigid fork? AIso, I would imagine that the fork lowers the front end substantially.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    To be honest was kinda of trying to build as a trainer/bike to use during rainy days. Suprisely feels pretty smooth on dirt trails but do feel the rigidness off curbs. Ran without dropper but now with dropper, its a game changer👍. It climbs fairly well with 32t up front and 11-36 at rear. Debating on going with 36t up front and 11-42(1x11) setup for more steep climbs. The fork is 19" from axle to crown and don't feel hunch over as I'm in a upright relaxed position. As it sits now, it's pretty fun!!!!

mtbr member
    To be honest was kinda of trying to build as a trainer/bike to use during rainy days. Suprisely feels pretty smooth on dirt trails but do feel the rigidness off curbs. Ran without dropper but now with dropper, its a game changer👍. It climbs fairly well with 32t up front and 11-36 at rear. Debating on going with 36t up front and 11-42(1x11) setup for more steep climbs. The fork is 19" from axle to crown and don't feel hunch over as I'm in a upright relaxed position. As it sits now, it's pretty fun!!!!
    I'm running 34x11-36 on a 2015 kona unit, stock p2 fork, ec44 bottom cup with 29 inch wheels and maxxis hookworms 29x2.5. I'm going to be switching to 32t up front because climbing is very essential part of where I live. I've been debating about buying a dropper post. I'm digging the whole urban mtb thing and just taking advantage of the street. It's not too often that I get the chance to go out on the trails.

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by RickyFiggz View Post
    I'm running 34x11-36 on a 2015 kona unit, stock p2 fork, ec44 bottom cup with 29 inch wheels and maxxis hookworms 29x2.5. I'm going to be switching to 32t up front because climbing is very essential part of where I live. I've been debating about buying a dropper post. I'm digging the whole urban mtb thing and just taking advantage of the street. It's not too often that I get the chance to go out on the trails.

I kinda of wish I was on 29er wheels. That way I could roll longer distance with less effort. That's why I'm trying to figure out best gear set up. But definitely the dropper is awesome!!!👍

mtbr member
    29er tires do roll over obstacles quite easy but I would imagine that 27.5 would be more maneuverable. Those are just some thoughts I've had for some time now. I could covert to 27.5+ but the cost of building wheels outweighs the purpose of the project and lowers my bb by 1/2 inch.

mtbr member
    What kind of handlebars are you running?

tacos al carbon
    Dec 2009
    Anybody go from 45650b large to Deedar, how does the compliance between each steel frame feel? Seatstays obviously configured different, but I'm wondering how they compare at higher speed hits -tia

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    If anyone is interested in the weight of DeeDar.
    I've just received size M in black color and it weights 3.05 Kg with the included rear axle.

mtbr member
    Apr 2016
    Mine weights in at 30 lbs built. Using various parts none bought on the count of weight.