Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: On One DeeDar

J:
    mtbr cracked avatar?
    Dec 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by 06HokieMTB View Post
    No import taxes below $800 USD. Obama changed that this year. Make sure they ship through RoyalMail which transfers to USPS.

You DO NOT want them to ship FedEx or UPS or someone like that. They charge you customs brokerage fees.

J:
    mtbr cracked avatar?
    Dec 2009

Good job!

Quote Originally Posted by comptiger5000 View Post
    Looks like the DeeDar is a 142x12 rear instead of 135x10. 45650b is set up to run a front derailer, the DeeDar isn't. The 45650b has rack mounts, the DeeDar doesn't. The DeeDar adds internal cable routing for a dropper and is spec-ed for a 130 - 160mm fork. 45650b says 100 - 150mm fork.

DeeDar looks to have a bit slacker head angle and steeper seat tube angle as well. Based on the geometry spec, it looks like a 130mm Pike would get the DeeDar to its spec-ed geometry so going towards the longer end of the suggested fork range would make it significantly slacker than the 45650b.
    Adding to this, 45650b headtube has 44 EXTERNAL lower cup

Quote Originally Posted by eandrew View Post
    On One DeeDar-1106341d1479665268-one-deedar-img_2929.jpg
    Need DEEDAR too....MUST...RESIST

mtbr member
    Apr 2016
    Mine came from dhl. No extra charge. Just the 68 bucks from on one for shipping. Bike came packaged well. So ready to finish this build!!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

MTB Addict
    Jun 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by jcdisco20 View Post
    Mine came from dhl. No extra charge. Just the 68 bucks from on one for shipping. Bike came packaged well.
    Same with mine.

mtbr member
    Dec 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by mtnbikerdude View Post
    Ended up using headset recommend on PlanetX website from their build of the Deedar. It states 44/50 int/ext, Cane Creek. The only bad is headset doesn't come with top cap n bolt! Go figure! Lol
    Tempted by the frame but being put off by my inability to understand headsets. The recommended one is £55 which seems really expensive to me.

The top is integrated and 44mm ID i believe and bottom external and 50mm? For tapered forks? If so then I'll probably look on Chain Reaction Cycles for something more appropriate. Anyone else recommend one they have used?

mtbr member
    Apr 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by coomber View Post
    Tempted by the frame but being put off by my inability to understand headsets. The recommended one is £55 which seems really expensive to me.

The top is integrated and 44mm ID i believe and bottom external and 50mm? For tapered forks? If so then I'll probably look on Chain Reaction Cycles for something more appropriate. Anyone else recommend one they have used?
    Here is the response I got from chain reaction and on one themselves for headsets. Thought about trying to get a chris king but will more likely order a hope mixnmatch.

mtbr member
    Dec 2015
    That's absolutely brilliant. Thanks so much; I appreciate it.

mtbr member
    Dec 2015
    I found this on eBay as well. Have used brand x stuff before and it was OK. Might be worth a try for the price

BrandX Sealed 44mm 1.1/8" - 1.5" Tapered Headset 44IETS MTB Bicycle Bike Brand-X | eBay

mtbr member
    Jun 2010
    I've just put one of these together and in the interests of keeping it cheap and cheerful, I went with the Brand X headset mentioned below, from CRC (Brand-X Headset - 44IETS - Sealed | Chain Reaction Cycles). I can confirm it's the right item for the 44mm head tube, for a tapered steerer fork. I read a few negative comments about people struggling to fit them without distorting etc, and crown races obstructing the cups, but I didn't have any issues. Just using a cheap headset press from On One too Jobsworth Headset Frame Cup Press (Also BB Press) | On - One

Biggest frustration so far, and not a big one, is that the exit for the dropper routing at the top of the down tube is IMHO on the wrong side for running on the left hand side of the bar which, given the frame is meant to be 1X specific, is a bit naff!!

I found this on eBay as well. Have used brand x stuff before and it was OK. Might be worth a try for the price

BrandX Sealed 44mm 1.1/8" - 1.5" Tapered Headset 44IETS MTB Bicycle Bike Brand-X | eBay

mtbr member
    Jan 2010
    What forks are you all running on your deedars? I was hoping to build a "XC" bike. I am a big DH rider who hits big drops and gaps on most rides. Was thinking about picking up one of these, popping in a works angleset and running a 120ish mm fork on it to keep the BB low.

mtbr member
    Jan 2017
    Mine came with the Sektor Gold RL 140mm.

mtbr member
    Apr 2016
    I'm building mine with a Mattoc pro 160. Haven't rode it yet but can't wait.

mtbr member
    Same as jcdisco20. Running a Mattoc Pro. Set at 150 mm in 27,5" mode. First ride yesterday: very satisfied! Have to post a Picture.

I really noticed the steeper seattube in combination with no suspension at the back. I switched all my Components from an Intense Tracer2 frame that cracked.

3,14 kg bye the way. 19"/large with headset cups and rear axle.

mtbr member
    Apr 2016
    Almost finished

mtbr member
    Aug 2013
    I asked On One to install and FSA Pig on my 456 Evo 2. It was the first time I'd ever had indexed steering from a new bearing. Because it was installed, I could not get it warrantied.
    I drive more when the streets need repairs! -'95 ZJ

mtbr member
    Apr 2016
    I have about 20 miles around town on it. I really enjoy this bike so far. I have to order a 180 rotor then I'll install front brake. Until then it's just tooling around town. Great ride and I enjoy the 1x10 gearing with 11-36.

mtbr member
    Dec 2015
    That's looking good. What front ring size are you using with a 36 tooth cassette?

mtbr member
    Apr 2016
    That's looking good. What front ring size are you using with a 36 tooth cassette?
    I have a 32 tooth upfront.

mtbr member
    May 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by mtnbikerdude View Post
    I barrowed some RF 40mm wheels and 27.5x2.8 Maxxis Reckon from my good friend at Woodside Bike Shop, Woodside CA. Put them on the Deedar for testing and its extremely close but was fun. I did get some rub on lower arm near BB. Enjoy the pics
    Reve or Yari up front? Did it rub? No boost?

it's....
    Built this up a few weeks ago, lots of fun on flow trails.
    Revelation 150mm, 1x10 with AB oval 32t ring.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails On One DeeDar-deedar.jpg  

mtbr member
    Almost finished

What is that color called? I don't see any options other than matt black and raw burn...
    'T'is only a flesh wound...
    Some videos

mtbr member
    Apr 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by gotdurt View Post
    What is that color called? I don't see any options other than matt black and raw burn...
    It is anthracite. I bought the frame many months ago. May no longer be an option.

Sent from my ASUS_X008DC using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    It is anthracite. I bought the frame many months ago. May no longer be an option.

It is shown, but not listed... I sent them an email. If there's a chance they'll be getting more, I'll wait...
    'T'is only a flesh wound...
    Some videos

mtbr member
    Apr 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by gotdurt View Post
    It is shown, but not listed... I sent them an email. If there's a chance they'll be getting more, I'll wait...
    The frame is nicely made and the color is great. I recommend it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Members who have read this thread: 128