Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: On One Codeine

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by nitrousjunky View Post
    No kidding, hoping that is a typo or something!!

zx1200r- Can you measure standover of yours at the front of the chainring?
    755mm nitrous. I'll try to get a review on tonight guys. Till they sort my internet conn out its patchy as f####!

WNC Native
    Quote Originally Posted by zx1200r View Post
    755mm nitrous. I'll try to get a review on tonight guys. Till they sort my internet conn out its patchy as f####!
    Thanks!! 35mm less than is on their site, which was kinda what I was hoping to see. Going by that rough difference, I'd be good on a large. Hrmmmm
    "I ride to clear my head, my head is clearer when I'm riding SS. Therefore, I choose to ride SS."~ Fullrange Drew

mtbr member
    Feb 2011
    Does anyone have the wheelbase figures, I am trying to determine if I need a Med or Large?

unfortunately, the Website says Large is out of stock to August.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Willyswildride View Post
    Does anyone have the wheelbase figures, I am trying to determine if I need a Med or Large?

unfortunately, the Website says Large is out of stock to August.
    1158 and 1185mm.

mtbr member

Review or just babble....

On one Codeine
    Well three rides around my local/fav haunt Llandegla and time for some thoughts. After the first ride it became immediately apparent ALL manufacturers should include chain stay protectors though some may disagree of course, it got battered. Top tube shows dulling from shorts and any contact with cables needs protecting asap if you want to keep you baby looking good. Looking from the rear the dropper cable was routed left of frame with the guide fitted below the top tube. The effect with the seat dropped was severe tyre rub on said cable. I solved it by taking the seat post out and feeding it through the frame so cable came out right side looking from rear.
    When you go out first ride might be handy to have a couple of small sockets with a reference line scribed on for the two pairs of adjusters on the CC (cane creek) shock. The supplied tool is handy for small adjustments though.
    Nitty Gritty: There are enough reviews about the pikes already. These are my first and work great but so do the xfusion slants on my 456ti. I have the CC set with 135psi for my 14st riding weight and for firmer ride characteristics. Out on the trail this bike rocks! Seat position works well for climbing and climbs as well or better than anything Iíve ridden so far though I havenít done any techie climbs. Like they say, it winches. Single track twisty stuff it loves just as the vid and I didnít detect any wheel flex. Strikes me when youíre flat out on rough ground, handles as well as the tallboy I test rode but the BB doesnít seems as low (no pedal strikes). The 760mm bars feel instantly at home and in the air this thing feels well balanced from the off. As for the brakes smooth and well controlled is how I would describe them. Not as sharp as my xtís but plenty powerful and confidence inspiring. Canít fault the tyres in the dry, not tried them in the wet yet but roll pretty well and no grip issues though my mate on his Gyro coasted past me on a little freewheel comp we do, think heís on mountain kings. Interestingly my mate asked me what I could see from the cockpit as we rode along some flat ground now maybe itís a slightly forward bias but in front of the bars I was seeing almost the rear of the top of the fork legs if that makes sense making the Codeine feel slacker than my 456ti which IS actually the slacker with a 10mm longer stem and can only see the front edge of the forks. What Iím getting at is the Codeine feels slacker and therefore more stable but still changes direction easily. The drive train deserves a mention as it performed flawlessly though on a few occasions I changed up coming into a climb, lifetime on Shimano eh? Looking forward to some natural rides ie Lake District now. All in all Iím a happy bunny, if your riding is enduro type youíll love it. Hope this helps. Btw I spotted the 650b proto at Llandegla last Saturday very similar to the Codeine as per frame, shock and linkage but noticeably slacker. Any questions feel free peeps.
    Rachael Gurney has been racing one at local/national level until she broke her collar bone last weekend she has done a bit of blogging about it.
    Mini DH ? The Codeine goes Downhill! | rachaelgurney
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails On One Codeine-red.jpg  

mtbr member
    Oct 2012

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    Going crazy over this bike... just might sell my one year old El Guapo for it.

mtbr member
    why is there not more stoke for this bike and build?
    determined to put the "mountain" back in "MOUNTAIN BIKING!!!" "HIT IT!"
    2012 MOJO HDeeeeeeee!!!!
    2010 scott CR1 comp

mtbr member
    Dec 2009

Anyone have 29Codeine yet?

Can someone post photos to scope the crank area, maybe from above looking down?

Want to see if a hacked cage,, or custom mount somewhere could make a 2x possible

mtbr member
    Jan 2011
    There's been more noise on the On-One FB page about a 27.5 version...could be a winner.

All prototype at this stage but I'm happy to see little touches like what looks like reverb stealth routing!?

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?sto...51466374873563

mtbr member
    Jun 2010
    Is the codeine already done? It's no longer on the site...

mtbr member
    Feb 2011
    Hope not.

I got a email from On One Customer Service last week telling me the El Guapo 29 has been discontinued, so I was hoping to go with the Codeine 29 for next season.

Who knows what is going on there since Brant left.

I have had the On One produced EG 26 and loved it. I would consider their products again. I gave up waiting for the Codeine 27.5 and went for the Banshee Spitfire in July. I have been on the fence over the Codeine 29 and the Banshee Prime for next year. Leaning towards the Codeine as the frameset is $1000 less.

EDIT - The US Site still shows Codeines in stock. Normally the UK site shows the item and notes that it is out of stock with a ETA on inventory.
    Last edited by Willyswildride; 2 Weeks Ago at 11:38 AM. Reason: sp

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by atekt View Post
    Is the codeine already done? It's no longer on the site...
    I heard they just had to pull out stock for QC checks. I'm sure they'll be available again soon.

Formerly PaintPeelinPbody
    Anyone think we could run B+ on the Codiene 29 with a 160mm fork?
    I do custom ArcGIS and Google Maps, including data collection and sustainable trail layout. Ride Welsh Mountain

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by PHeller View Post
    Anyone think we could run B+ on the Codiene 29 with a 160mm fork?
    What's a B+?

B.Ike
    ^a wide 650b tire (ala 29+), diameter is close to 29er tire.

Quote Originally Posted by prancisfena View Post
    What's a B+?

I do custom ArcGIS and Google Maps, including data collection and sustainable trail layout. Ride Welsh Mountain

mtbr member
    Dec 2009

Voluptuous

Hmm.. what do you have there, and how wide is that monster?

Vtire Veetrax Fatty 27.5x3.25

mtbr member
    Dec 2009

Sweet

Were you able to measure width or height on your rim?

*facepalm*

Dude, use Google. It's not my bike. Twentynineinches.com did a review of all the current B+ tires.

B+ basically is an oversized 650B tire that is 28.5 or 29" in diameter, and of course, considerably wider than traditional tires in both wheel sizes except obviously 29+.

So, 26+, 26 Fat, B+, and 29+

Oh and don't forget 24 Fat.

mtbr member
    Dec 2009
    Reason I was asking is cause we need real world measurements of each to know if it will clear the frame..

My apologies.

79mm on 35mm wide rims.

"Initially for this test I used the broad IBIS 741 wheels, the same as I rode for the Trailblazer test. The dimensions for the Trax Fatty on this rim (35 mm inner dimension) revealed that the carcass and tread width are absolutely identical on this tire at 79 mm (@ 1.25 bar tire pressure ). Not quite the advertised 3.25″ (or 82.6 mm) , but on a properly wide rim of 50-60mm, it may well come to the desired dimension. On the slightly narrower AMERICAN CLASSIC Wide Lightning rim the tire comes in at a smaller 76 mm ." - From TwentyNineinches.com Review

mtbr member
    Dec 2009
    Oh yeah, that's the tire brant had posted about..I remember now, the sketches were for a rim width I had not seen yet, 60 or 70mm or something.

mtbr member
    Dec 2009
    On One Codeine-928308d1412265364-650b-tires-traxfatty.png

@post #82

650B+ Tires

looks like the 29Codeine stock is gone from the site..

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2