Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: On One Codeine

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    Anyone know if Planet X US still has stocks of the Codeine frame? On One UK doesn't have them on the site - was wondering if planet X just hasn't updated or if they really do have stocks on hand.

mtbr member
    Best bet would be to call them. But they are still able to be put in the cart.

On-One Codeine 29er Frame

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by akaBrowntown View Post
    Best bet would be to call them. But they are still able to be put in the cart.

On-One Codeine 29er Frame
    Might have a bit of a problem calling them considering I'm halfway around the world haha. If it reflects in the cart, I'd assume they have stocks in. Hoping to order one soon once my El Guapo's sold. haha. Which I hope happens soon.

mtbr member
    Dec 2009
    Used to say end of October for new stock.. that was taken down over a month ago though

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    It's in stock! It's in stock!!!

Formerly PaintPeelinPbody
    If anyone gets ahold of one of these, they should put a caliper on the chainstays and measure the width. The maximum tire size on a 29" wheel may be a 2.4 due to outside diameter, but width may allow something like the Trailblazer 275x2.8
    GIS/GPS Pro using ArcFM for Utility Mapping - Always willing to connect with other MTBers in the industry.

mtbr member
    Dec 2014
    Hi. Wanting to get one of these but am 183 cm tall. Which is top medium, bottom large. Anyone had similar? Which size did you get and how did it feel, fit wise. Ta

B.Ike
    sorry, wrong thread...deleted

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron McMillan View Post
    Hi. Wanting to get one of these but am 183 cm tall. Which is top medium, bottom large. Anyone had similar? Which size did you get and how did it feel, fit wise. Ta
    I'm in the 181-182 cm range and after discussions with Brant I have selected medium. That - combined with super-short stem (35mm) - makes the bike really *short*. I was hesitating to switch from long (previous frames) to short, but at the end of the day I am very happy with this change, especially considering the purpose of the bike. It just supports handling the bike in the tight situations - no question about that. You just need the adaptation period, if you are not used to ride short frames.

So for you it is more on personal preferences side. If you are of regular body proportion (not tool long arms and legs) and want to have agile handling - take the medium. If you know how it smells and you still prefer to have longer bikes - take the large.

mtbr member
    Mar 2013
    Ordered a blue frame last week, and I received it today. But guess what, they forgot to include a shock! Frame looks great, but what a big mistake to forget to ship it with a shock!

mtbr member
    Jan 2015
    Hi guys, just a quick note for you to know I will be ready to ship a M size frame, blue babe any soon !
    The frame itself is 8 months old, properly covered with shelter and fitted w/ a brand new CCDB shock / never ridden and free tapered headset.
    Of course, shipping all over the world possible !

mtbr member
    May 2012
    Hopefully somebody can chime in. Is it possible to run a 120mm fork temporarily on these frames?

I like beer.
    Jul 2010
    of course its physically possible. i wouldnt do it though.

anywho, with that said. i ordered a blue medium from plant x usa last week. they didnt have any in stock, so its getting shipped over from the UK, they will inspect and then re-pack and send to me.

super dooper excited, usually someone who pokes fun at wagon wheels. but damn did that video sure get me.

mtbr member
    hello,
    one question for Codeine owners..
    can you insert the seatpost all way down? Or there is some bend or weld inside the seat tube that doesn't allow the post to go all down?
    Thank a lot

mtbr member
    You can easily drop it all the way down the tube. The seat tube is not bent by design. There is a limit which is close to the pivot, but for M size it means ~34 cm of drop space.

Hope that helps

mtbr member
    Thanks so much!

..That is wanted to know..
    Since my size is small..therefore I guess that I have something like 28-29 cm of available seat tube space for dropping the seat post..
    Quote Originally Posted by maciejas View Post
    You can easily drop it all the way down the tube. The seat tube is not bent by design. There is a limit which is close to the pivot, but for M size it means ~34 cm of drop space.

Hope that helps

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by PHeller View Post
    If anyone gets ahold of one of these, they should put a caliper on the chainstays and measure the width. The maximum tire size on a 29" wheel may be a 2.4 due to outside diameter, but width may allow something like the Trailblazer 275x2.8
    Ya, I would love to know if this thing will fit 27.5+ wheels. Anyone know what the tire clearance is like?

mtbr member
    Oct 2014
    bump for more info

mtbr member
    Mar 2013
    Does anyone here want to share their shock settings? Cane Creek...

mtbr member
    Jan 2015
    u shall check "the loundge" from Cane Creek : plenty of good tips !

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    I am debating getting the Codeine but curious if anyone can describe how capable they are, where they are fun, where they are boring, how they climb, how they descend. Just general thoughts on everything.

I am also curious if anyone knows what kind of bike it rides "like" because I would like to demo something similar first (if possible)
    Last edited by cassieno; 05-14-2015 at 08:58 PM.

rug
    mtbr member
    Apr 2015
    I read from one of Brant's post the Codeine's BB height is 13.2".

Anyone run 27.5 wheels with 2.35 tyres on the Codeine yet?

What would the BB height become and will it be a good outcome?

mtbr member
    Jun 2015
    Hi there Casseino, hopefully I can be of help. I bought my Codeine back last August and since doing so both my other bikes have just gathered dust, my Codeine is the first issue so is slightly different from the new spec models. It was not without issues, wheels not suitable for what the bike is capable of( sorted on newer model) and chainring made of swiss cheese (Works Components replacement holding up much better), but that is all.
    Now to the ride, it took some adjustment to say the least coming from a six inch travel Kona coiler and an On-one summerseason with 66 degree head angle but the transition only took a few rides. The only place I would describe it as 'boring' would be long fire-road climbs but that is all, Its not the fastest bike up the hill but it takes some beating on the way down! Its as nimble as my old bikes through the twisty stuff too. The gearing is a bit higher than I'm used to but I think its pushed my fitness up a notch or two, the thirty tooth front ring may sound small but if I spin out in top gear downhill I'm probably about to die anyway!!!
    Since receiving my bike three other riding buddies have tried mine and bought their own, replacing an Orange 5, Lapier spicy and an Enduro.
    I never got to test ride one myself so it was a big leap of faith, especially after being very underwhelmed after trying a Yeti SB95 Carbon, but if I was looking for another bike now I would buy another Codeine. My confidence has skyrocketed and I am riding stuff I would never have attempted on my other bikes.
    Hope this helps

rug
    mtbr member
    Apr 2015
    @konanige and others

Would you be so kind to measure the BB height when the bike is straight upright? From the center of the BB hole right down to the ground?

Or anyone else please who knows BB height, the On One site only has the BB drop

mtbr member
    Jun 2015
    HI there, BB height is approx 13 inches with a 2.4 chunky monkey on front and 2.25 smorgasbord out back.

mtbr member
    Aug 2015

True Moto style!
    Does anyone have a medium size and willing to check the standover? I thought I read somewhere that its over 32 inches...which is a bit on the high side for a M!
    14 GT Zaskar 9r
    15 Moto Night Train
    08 BMC Trailfox
    06 Cannondale Rush
    99 GT XCR
    93 Raleigh MT 200

True Moto style!
    Ok, looks like it has already been done...29 and change to lowest point on top tube. This bike IS legit!
    14 GT Zaskar 9r
    15 Moto Night Train
    08 BMC Trailfox
    06 Cannondale Rush
    99 GT XCR
    93 Raleigh MT 200

mtbr member
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by NH Mtbiker View Post
    Ok, looks like it has already been done...29 and change to lowest point on top tube. This bike IS legit!
    Can any Codeine owner share the weight and build of their bike? Also any thoughts on how the bike feels on tight and twisty trails since some have commented it on the long wheelbase.

rug
    mtbr member
    Apr 2015
    ""29 and change to lowest point"" means....?

rug
    mtbr member
    Apr 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by betorac View Post
    Can any Codeine owner share the weight and build of their bike? Also any thoughts on how the bike feels on tight and twisty trails since some have commented it on the long wheelbase.
    hi betorac,

in the midst of building mine up next month, then will be able to share thoughts, specs..
    subscribed to thread i am

mtbr member
    Hi I got the complete build when they first went on sale. Changes I've made, Kore 45mm stem (10mm longer) to fit the 35mm Raceface sixC bar. WTB i25's with hope front hub and original sram rear magic marys f/r. absolute black oval 30t and Mallet DH's. I find it doesn't take much more effort to get round tight stuff and through slalom type stuff at speed it feels great just moving around the bike tipping it in and letting the tyres get on with it. Nice and stable in the air and composed over the rooty bits. It won't break any records on the climbs but I have NO trouble staying to the front and the rear shock does a great job of finding grip. I have run this bike on an uplift day at a DH track called Revolution bike park, just down the freeride line and ghetto section (pretty rooty/gnarly) and had a ball. Wouldn't do it to often as I don't want to kill it. I'll check the weight tonight.

mtbr member
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by zx1200r View Post
    Hi I got the complete build when they first went on sale. Changes I've made, Kore 45mm stem (10mm longer) to fit the 35mm Raceface sixC bar. WTB i25's with hope front hub and original sram rear magic marys f/r. absolute black oval 30t and Mallet DH's. I find it doesn't take much more effort to get round tight stuff and through slalom type stuff at speed it feels great just moving around the bike tipping it in and letting the tyres get on with it. Nice and stable in the air and composed over the rooty bits. It won't break any records on the climbs but I have NO trouble staying to the front and the rear shock does a great job of finding grip. I have run this bike on an uplift day at a DH track called Revolution bike park, just down the freeride line and ghetto section (pretty rooty/gnarly) and had a ball. Wouldn't do it to often as I don't want to kill it. I'll check the weight tonight.
    zx1200r,

Thanks for the info and review. The Codeine sounds like the kind of bike I'm looking for. Being a long travel 29er the geo has to be spot on so its not cumbersome to handle. Its in my top 3 for possible new bike. If you can provide the weight that would awesome just so I have a rough idea.

True Moto style!
    Good info and this bike frame is on the top of my list as well....just need to confirm the weight. Hoping to set it up with 27.5+ rear and possibly a 2.8 inch tire if it does not throw off the geo too much and fits! May keep the front 29 in but maybe go B+ on the front. The rest of the bike will be light carbon parts and a dropper...this thing should rip and tear it up!
    14 GT Zaskar 9r
    15 Moto Night Train
    08 BMC Trailfox
    06 Cannondale Rush
    99 GT XCR
    93 Raleigh MT 200

mtbr member
    Oct 2012
    Good info and this bike frame is on the top of my list as well....just need to confirm the weight. Hoping to set it up with 27.5+ rear and possibly a 2.8 inch tire if it does not throw off the geo too much and fits! May keep the front 29 in but maybe go B+ on the front. The rest of the bike will be light carbon parts and a dropper...this thing should rip and tear it up!
    NH Mtbiker,

You might want to wait for the Hadza. It'll make switching between 27.5+ and 29er wheels easier.

What's new and coming next from on one | Products | News | On-One Bikes

Formerly PaintPeelinPbody
    I wanna know more about the Hazda! What hubs does use? How big of a tire can it fit in the back?

I've been eyeing the Codiene 29 and 27.5 this year but was holding out for something with more tire clearance. The Hazda might be it!
    GIS/GPS Pro using ArcFM for Utility Mapping - Always willing to connect with other MTBers in the industry.

mtbr member
    She weighs in at 32.5lbs no pedals oh and she's not setup tubeless.

mtbr member
    Jan 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by rug View Post
    I read from one of Brant's post the Codeine's BB height is 13.2".

Anyone run 27.5 wheels with 2.35 tyres on the Codeine yet?

What would the BB height become and will it be a good outcome?
    I built my Codeine up originally with a 140MM RS Revelation 29er wheels but have always wanted to try this 27.5 thing so picked up a set of wheels and 150mm Marzocci TI 29er fork running 27.5x2.35 Schwalbe front and rear.

I have not had a chance to ride it yet but plan to tomorrow and can tell you from sitting on it it feels way more aggressive and more comfortable for me

Btw as it sits now the center of the B.B. is about 12.5"

1st picture is set up 29" fork and wheels - 2nd picture is set up with 29er fork/27.5 wheels

On One Codeine-codeine-29er-r.jpgOn One Codeine-codeine-27.5-r.jpg

Does anyone have a medium size and willing to check the standover? I thought I read somewhere that its over 32 inches...which is a bit on the high side for a M!
    At 5' 10" with a 32" inseam my Medium built 29" felt tall for me but since swapping out to 27.5 wheels it is 100x more comfortable for me.

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by SoCalNomadRider View Post
    I built my Codeine up originally with a 140MM RS Revelation 29er wheels but have always wanted to try this 27.5 thing so picked up a set of wheels and 150mm Marzocci TI 29er fork running 27.5x2.35 Schwalbe front and rear.

I have not had a chance to ride it yet but plan to tomorrow and can tell you from sitting on it it feels way more aggressive and more comfortable for me

Btw as it sits now the center of the B.B. is about 12.5"

1st picture is set up 29" fork and wheels - 2nd picture is set up with 29er fork/27.5 wheels

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Codeine 29er R.jpg 
Views:	398 
Size:	423.4 KB 
ID:	1027475Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Codeine 27.5 R.jpg 
Views:	584 
Size:	422.8 KB 
ID:	1027476

At 5' 10" with a 32" inseam my Medium built 29" felt tall for me but since swapping out to 27.5 wheels it is 100x more comfortable for me.
    Chris, love the 27.5 setup on the 29 Codeine! With the low BB, it should rail on smooth singletrack! Give us a full ride report. Your rig looks good!

It's funny because my 29er project started out with the basic white/orange large Codeine 29er frame, but ended up a matte black frame. Since I used my friends paint booth with a light sand/prep, it was not too hard to spray it matte black. It's now stealth looking with only the On One UK badge on the front headtube.

Yesterday, I lowered the Pike fork from 140mm to 130mm and it rides so much better for the trails around me and it lowered the BB just a tad (feels good!). The last picture is with the Pike at 140mm (prior the the change to 130mm). I also rerouted the rear derailleur cable with the new Shimano XT 11 speed drivetrain (11-42 rear) not shown in the picture. I'm loving the bike so far! If anyone is on the fence on the Codeine 29er. It's really a fun trail/enduro bike!

On One Codeine-ononecodeine2.jpgOn One Codeine-ononecodeine3.jpg
    On One Codeine-screen-shot-2015-11-09-6.43.24-pm.jpg
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails On One Codeine-codeine1.jpg  

mtbr member
    Nov 2015
    What's the widest tire this will fit? I'm thinking of building one with a 27.5+ setup but I don't want to cause problems

mtbr member
    Nov 2015
    Why wait for the hazda running a specialized purgatory in the front and a trimmed ground control in the back DSC_0845 by RYAN KENT, on Flickr

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by ryu1720 View Post
    Why wait for the hazda running a specialized purgatory in the front and a trimmed ground control in the back DSC_0845 by RYAN KENT, on Flickr
    So Sexy!!
    Ride report?

You say a "trimmed" ground control, is that because the tire rubs the chain stay?

Whats the IRD on those hoops? I believe they're 23mm? I'd imagine a rim with an IRD of 30-45mm would only complicate things. May have to hold out longer for that Hazda...

Any chance you can take pictures looking down thru the chainstays?

Thanks!

mtbr member
    May 2016

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Feb 2010
    On One Codeine-img_6561.jpg
    small 27.5 from the Philippines

mtbr member
    Jun 2016
    Hi guys! First post.

This is my codeine 29.
    On One Codeine-img_20160613_144503.jpg

On One Codeine-dsc_2498.jpg

On One Codeine-dsc_2499.jpg

On One Codeine-dsc_2526.jpg

Pike RC
    Monarch plus RC3 Debon
    Hope cranks
    XT 11speed
    XT brakes (will be changed to zee calipers due to problems with the xt)
    Yep uptimizer
    Ergon saddle (anyone have tips of an orange insted?)
    Thomson Trail Carbon 750mm handlebar
    Hope stem
    77designz bash and chainguide
    Funworks 4way hubs with xm481 rims. (2pairs)
    Slikgraphics decals on wheels, fork and dampers.

And me, att Vallåsen bikepark
    On One Codeine-dsc_2461.jpg

mtbr member
    Whats the Frame Spec on for On-One Codeine 29er, like whats the Rear & Front Travel? Can't seem to fine any info on the frame.

Also How does it rides? How does it compare to other FS? Whats the widest 29" tires you can put on it?

For those that ordered the game / bike from the stats how much was the custom charges for you?
    Last edited by NEET; 06-28-2016 at 03:30 AM.

mtbr member
    Jun 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by NEET View Post
    Whats the Frame Spec on for On-One Codeine 29er, like whats the Rear & Front Travel? Can't seem to fine any info on the frame.

Also How does it rides? How does it compare to other FS? Whats the widest 29" tires you can put on it?

For those that ordered the game / bike from the stats how much was the custom charges for you?
    The 29er frame is built for 130mm rear and 140mm front.
    27.5 150mm rear and 160mm front.

I think the 29er runs really good. It works on my normal quite rough but plain trails. Not much of them hills in south sweden. But it also works really great upwards and also for the occasional day at the enduro track or park.

I run 2.4 NNN and maxxis 2.3 (on 30mm innerwidth rims) with quite a bit room left.

About the customs i have nothing to come with. They where still in the EU when i ordered :P

mtbr member
    Jun 2016
    I just ordered a 27.5 size S frame. My girl was a bit jealous on my codeine so.
    Bought it with the damper from the kit. Will fit it with a Manitou Mattoc Pro fork 160mm.

Pictures will come

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    can anybody measure the chainstay /seatstay clearance on the on-one codeine frame 29er , thanks !
    trying to figure out if I can fit a 27.5+ 2.8 on a 45mm rim in the back

Quote Originally Posted by marr85 View Post
    I just ordered a 27.5 size S frame. My girl was a bit jealous on my codeine so.
    Bought it with the damper from the kit. Will fit it with a Manitou Mattoc Pro fork 160mm.

Pictures will come

mtbr member
    May 2016

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast