Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    mtbr member
    Nov 2011

On One being a bunch of *****. Is this what I should expect from them?

I recently ordered an Inbred an fork from On One, which still hasn't arrived yet. They recently lowered the price of the frame. I respectfully inquired as to whether they could reimburse me the difference (not to mention I got screwed out of getting the frame color I wanted and they probably knew they were going to have it, but didn't bother informing me when I asked). Their blunt (outsourced?) response:

Hello

Thank you for your email

Unfortunately i am unable to issue you a refund for this reason.

Kind regards

Mike

Anyone else have negative experiences dealing with On One?
    Last edited by michael1; 11-10-2013 at 02:20 PM.

Bicycle Addict
    Sorry you missed the sale dude, but I don't think there are many companies out there that honor a sale price after the purchase has already been made. Nor do I think they should have to.
    The unexamined life is not worth living - Socrates
    Bearded Women Racing

mtbr member
    Nov 2011
    It wasn't hard to find two big online distributors that offer price protection. And one of them's from the UK so clearly it's not just a cultural difference.

Shopping | Jenson USA Online Bike Shop

Price Match | Help | Evans Cycles

Bicycle Addict
    Oh right on! Perhaps a phone call is in order. Does their website say they offer price protection?
    Bearded Women Racing

mtbr member
    Nov 2011
    No, but I think many companies would still offer it. For example, I sent an email to a bar company letting them now that a bar I had, which wasn't close to expiration date, had fuzzy mold when opened and smelled fermented. They offered to send me a whole box to replace it. It seems like most companies want to leave their customers happy and *definitely* not feeling cheated. I sent another email to a different department and if that doesn't work I might try calling, but my phone is currently broken and I haven't been able to get the landline in my apartment working...

mtbr member
    Aug 2009
    It sounds like you're just a little miffed that you didn't wait a little longer to order it - no fault of the company.
    While yes, some companies would offer to reimburse you the difference, they really do not have to. It's an inbred, you already got it dirt cheap.

Were you not happy when you ordered it? Face it, you're getting a sweet frame. Get on with it.

mtbr member
    On One always has frames / parts / bikes on sale.
    The wise thing to do is to wait until the object of your disere is on sale.
    If you can't wait, you'll have to pay a little more.
    Have fun riding it, this 'll be forgotten soon.
    Belgian beer and Scotch whisky.

mtbr member
    Jun 2007
    Just cancel your order and then re-order it

mtbr member
    Jan 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by slowpok92 View Post
    Just cancel your order and then re-order it
    this

mtbr member
    Nov 2011
    It's already shipped and has arrived somewhere in the US so I think the shipping cost to try to cancel the order now is more than the price difference.
    TNT Post My Track And Trace

Edit: Does anyone know if there are any legal regulations on online checkouts. I remember that after entering card information and pressing next it automatically placed the order and every single other site I've ever ordered anything from will have an additional page asking to confirm or submit the final order.

mtbr member
    Somebody needs to put on there BigBoy panties and get over it....

Bicycle Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by bit_lizard View Post
    Somebody needs to put on there BigBoy panties and get over it....
    I wasn't going to say anything.
    Bearded Women Racing

Just Ride!
    All these responses +1 and more. Go ride a bike!

mtbr member
    I'm forever ordering parts etc and then have them go on sale. It happens. I've never let it worry me too much. Generally think to myself "aw crap, not again", then forget about it. Then go ride the hell out of whatever it is I've purchased to help me remember why I got it in the first place.
    I don't crash, I just have slightly uncontrolled dismounts!

Rogue Exterminator
    Some companies offer price protection, some do not.
    I think it is pretty silly though to get mad at a company and call them a "bunch of *****" because they don't. Let's face it, most companies offer it because all you would have to do is return the item and purchase it again so it is just easier to give the difference back and avoid the dance. Maybe if you call them, they will refund the difference. If they did, that would be really cool and above and beyond. If they don't, oh well but it doesn't make them a "bunch of *****".

Also, you didn't get "screwed out of getting the frame color" you wanted.
    You made a conscious decision to settle for and purchase the color you didn't want.
    Not their fault and if anything, you screwed yourself out of the color you wanted by not waiting.
    Just stick it in granny and start grinding.

Rogue Exterminator
    Quote Originally Posted by michael1 View Post
    And one of them's from the UK so clearly it's not just a cultural difference.
    Nope, there are whiny people in every culture.

No, but I think many companies would still offer it. For example, I sent an email to a bar company letting them now that a bar I had, which wasn't close to expiration date, had fuzzy mold when opened and smelled fermented. They offered to send me a whole box to replace it. It seems like most companies want to leave their customers happy and *definitely* not feeling cheated. I sent another email to a different department and if that doesn't work I might try calling, but my phone is currently broken and I haven't been able to get the landline in my apartment working...
    You went through the trouble to call a company over a bar?
    Correct me if I am wrong, are we talking about a candy or health food bar that costs between $1-$2? I mean honestly, I don't make a lot of money and I still have better things to do with my time then to worry about a dollar or two.

Oh well, I am sure persist long enough and not let this go that On One will eventually refund the difference if for no other reason to shut you up.

mtbr member
    Nov 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by kjlued View Post
    You went through the trouble to call a company over a bar?
    Correct me if I am wrong, are we talking about a candy or health food bar that costs between $1-$2? I mean honestly, I don't make a lot of money and I still have better things to do with my time then to worry about a dollar or two.
    I sent them an email because they're a relatively new company and I wanted to help them improve their quality control if possible. In fact I even specified that I didn't need any swag since I already have a substantial discount on their products.

Quote Originally Posted by kjlued View Post

Oh well, I am sure persist long enough and not let this go that On One will eventually refund the difference if for no other reason to shut you up.
    That's what I'm hoping.

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    Unbelievable!

The Original Suspect
    Nope, had nothing but good experiences when ordering from On-One. I will more than likely buy another frame from them in the near future.

OP- Get over it! As was already stated, at full price, you got a great deal on a great bike.

As for price protection...There are lots of companies that do this but do they have to? No! That doesn't mean that every company should, it just means that you should be a more savvy shopper.

screamer
    Sounds as if the OP needs a good spanking. This post gets the spoiled brat of the year award.
    On heavy rotation: White Lung: Deep Fantasy

mtbr member
    Nov 2011
    First off, anyone commenting on the nature of my complaints has lowered themselves to that same level they perceive me to be on.

Second, I was correct (i.e. you were all wrong), and On-One agrees with me and will refund the difference; my only mistake was contacting sales before customer service.

mtbr member
    Jul 2008
    Uh...On One is not really a new company. I don't want to pile on, but you're really making a mountain out of a molehill. Maybe you could appeal to Brant directly. He's pretty active on the boards here; maybe you can PM him or something and explain the situation. But if the answer is still no - just ride and enjoy. You still got a great bike for a great price.
    Surly Cross Check: fat tire roadie
    Surly LHT: Kid hauler
    On One Inbred: SS 26er

mtbr member
    Nov 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by bolandjd View Post
    Uh...On One is not really a new company.
    I know, I was referring to the bar company.

Rogue Exterminator
    First off, anyone commenting on the nature of my complaints has lowered themselves to that same level they perceive me to be on.
    How do you figure?

Or is this your attempt at a "I'm rubber your glue"?

Second, I was correct (i.e. you were all wrong), and On-One agrees with me and will refund the difference; my only mistake was contacting sales before customer service.
    Nobody was wrong....well, except for you.
    We were all commenting on how childish and spoiled you were acting.
    We were right.

You came in here jumped the gun and slammed a company that ended up siding with you anyways.
    You may have cost a good company some valuable business all so you could get a couple dollars back that you really did not deserve.
    You were wrong.

Of course, you are obviously too self centered to realize the truth of the matter but I wouldn't expect more from somebody with your attitude.

mtbr member
    Yep, you jumped the gun, I agree.

On-one did what they were supposed to do, most stores give you about 30 days to get a sale price. Good move by a good company.
    I'm sick of all the Irish stereotypes, as soon as I finish this beer I"m punching someone

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast