mtbr member
    Jun 2011

No more 29" Inbred SS?

I have been watching the Inbred SS frames and they have been on clearance for some time. Now the 29" SS is not listed on the site...... Is there a replacement coming or is the SS Inbred gone for good?

That's REEAAALLLL Nice
    Quote Originally Posted by register View Post
    I have been watching the Inbred SS frames and they have been on clearance for some time. Now the 29" SS is not listed on the site...... Is there a replacement coming or is the SS Inbred gone for good?
    The Inbred SS LTD 29er is still available through the Planet-X USA site, here: Planet X USA Web Store

But, to answer your question - I haven't heard anything about the fate of the Inbred SS 29er. Brant from On One usually monitors the forum, and can probably give guidance on this subject.

mtbr member
    Nov 2011
    Except they don't have any left in 16" or even 18". At that price I would jump on it if they had a 16" in stock.
    Pizza is life. Beer helps.

mtbr member
    Jul 2008
    Well usually they sell out a production run, but then get more in later on whenever. I have a hard time believing that they cancelled the Inbred, being an iconic best seller and all. But, every good thing comes to an end eventually, I guess.
    Surly Cross Check: fat tire roadie
    Surly LHT: Kid hauler
    On One Inbred: SS 26er

Clears
    Aug 2011
    Brant, what say you? Inquiring on one fans want to know.

808+909 = Party Good Time
    I have emailed OnOne to ask them, ... seems like the obvious thing to do. I'm interested in the vertical drop out. Will let you know when I hear back. And yeah they generally clear out then get a whole new colour run in, so no need to panic yet I'd say.

mtbr member
    Aug 2012
    I'm also curious what the status of the Inbed SS is going forward....I need a SS frame and have Inbred vertical dropout, which has treated me well

Man I was slow replying to this. On One wrote back and said they've just sold out of the current batch but a whole new shipment is coming. No plans to scrap them. Yay.

mtbr member
    Aug 2012
    hey chumbox....did they give you a date when they would be available?....

Early November. Just enough time to save some $$$.

mtbr member
    Jun 2011
    I was hoping they would be in before then. I have everything for my build. Just sold off my old bike. Now bikeless. May have to pick up an Airborne frame to hold me over. Only problem is my fork is an 80mm.......

mtbr member
    Nov 2011
    Just received this from On One:

"Dear

You requested a stock alert from On One on 15-11-2014.

We're sorry to say that On-One Inbred 29er Single Speed LTD Edition / 16 inch / Pearl White has now been discontinued. We are not expecting to get any more in stock.

We usually discontinue an item when it is superseded by an alternative. Check out our site to see what's currently available or contact us to let us find you an alternative.
    On-One Mountain Bikes Contact us on at http://www.on-one.co.uk//contactus".

This was for their 16" model. It looks like they will be getting some more 18" in on the UK site in January. What I don't get is them saying "discontinue an item when it is superseded by an alternative". I do not see any other dedicated SS 29ers on the UK or USA site. Been holding out to get a frame for a months. Seriously bummed. Hopefully they'll have a new steel SS frame pop up soon.
    Pizza is life. Beer helps.

Just Ride!
    Hopefully the Inbred will be back with a tapered or straight 44 mm headtube. That is why I currently ride a Scandal.

mtbr member
    Jun 2011
    And maybe some slider out back!