mtbr member

New 465 Evo Maiden Voyage

I finished building my 456 Evo on Saturday- what a bike! I haven't ridden a hard-tail in more than 10 years and wasn't certain if I would enjoy it. I didn't think it would climb or descend the way it does. The weather was perfect yesterday and the trail conditions were mostly perfect and tacky with some dry and dusty sections, some muddy sections and even a few snowy and icy sections- perfect for a shake down. I've got to hand it to the guys at On-One, they've built a hell of an all-mountain hard-tail.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails New 465 Evo Maiden Voyage-0106131253.jpg  

New 465 Evo Maiden Voyage-gunslinger-climb.jpg  

New 465 Evo Maiden Voyage-mescal-roller.jpg  

New 465 Evo Maiden Voyage-mescal-roller-2.jpg  

The secret to mountain biking is pretty simple. The slower you go the more likely it is you’ll crash.
    - Julie Furtado

mtbr member
    Dec 2004
    Nice looks awesome..My 456 EVO is on the way..What tires and size are you running..They look nice and beefy...

Dan

mtbr member
    Tires are Maxxis Minion DHF 2.5" front and Continental Trail King 2.2" rear. Will put another 2.5" Minion DHF on the back next week.
    The secret to mountain biking is pretty simple. The slower you go the more likely it is you’ll crash.
    - Julie Furtado

mtbr member
    Sep 2011
    Nice! So now I know I'm not the only 456 owner in the Sedona/Flagstaff area Rock on! How much travel are you running? I just threw a 150mm fork on mine (was running just a 100mm) and I have a feeling it will be a bit too much. Seems like 130 would be about right.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Slabshaft View Post
    Nice! So now I know I'm not the only 456 owner in the Sedona/Flagstaff area Rock on! How much travel are you running? I just threw a 150mm fork on mine (was running just a 100mm) and I have a feeling it will be a bit too much. Seems like 130 would be about right.
    I have a 150mm Sektor on it. It's nice for when things get steep, and keeps the bike feeling aggressive. I have a 130mm fork laying around but haven't thought about putting it on there....
    - Julie Furtado

mtbr member
    Sep 2011
    Just got back from a big ride around Mt.Elden today. The 150mm handles just fine

mtbr member
    Jun 2010

Smile

Truly great pictures woahey! Is that the 7th Cavalry I see in the distance?

On One should buy these sun-drenched images for their promotions. Most of us in the UK can only manage a blurry, wet-lensed photograph, taken in a foggy downpour, of a barely recognisable, mud-plastered bike, half submerged in a water-logged moor.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by grapeshot View Post
    Truly great pictures woahey! Is that the 7th Cavalry I see in the distance?

On One should buy these sun-drenched images for their promotions. Most of us in the UK can only manage a blurry, wet-lensed photograph, taken in a foggy downpour, of a barely recognisable, mud-plastered bike, half submerged in a water-logged moor.
    That is why I live in the Southwest US. We have so many sunny days that when it rains, snows or even gets cloudy we all celebrate!
    - Julie Furtado