Thread: my new inbred!

mtbr member
    May 2008

my new inbred!

hi all,

So here's my new 26" On One Inbred, with rear swap outs. I'm quite stoked with it! The plan was to build it up to be a city commuter - now that I've moved to Melbourne, but in the excitement of buying new bits, I've ended up putting my xc racing gear onto this frame. I decided to keep it like this at least for a little bit, well, just because its awesome!
    ...Soon though I'll make this frame into the dowdy commuter i intended it to be, (my dually will be the recipient of the new brakes and wheels).

For now though, what do you think?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails my new inbred!-p1010032.jpg  

my new inbred!-p1010031.jpg  

Clyde on a mission!
    Dec 2011
    Cool looking bike, what are those blue things next to the stem? Mounts for lights?

I think you'll need to shorten those brake lines, they look like they are just aching to get caught on stuff.

mtbr member
    May 2008
    oh yeah, I'll be mounting the brakes onto my dually very soon. I'll trim them when i do that. I just wanted to build this up for a bit of fun.

and the blue things are little LED lights ....

mtbr member
    Nov 2011
    I predict trouble - you'll never get around to rebuilding the Inbred, too much fun the way it is.

mtbr member
    May 2008
    It's an awesome ride. Really zippy and agile. Brilliant for scooting around town or to uni. The only downside is that it does tend to bring out the traffic hoon in me.

I think I'll shorten the bars by about 20mm at each end as they're quite long. I took it off road over the weekend, and apart from the tyres being wrong for the muddiness, it rides really well. I got a shorter the stem than what I usually use, so i'm guessing that's made a big difference to the responsiveness of it. Plus of course there's something really rewarding and fun about riding a hardtail. Actually I'm more excited about this bike than any of my other fancy bikes.

Seriously considering getting another Inbred frame, or perhaps more realistically getting a tip-shop frame to commute on and keeping this hardtail for fun times. I wish I felt comfortable using this daily, but I think I've overbuilt it for commuting. I suspect in the city it might be something of a theft target unfortunately.

mtbr member
    Jul 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by asunder View Post
    I wish I felt comfortable using this daily, but I think I've overbuilt it for commuting. I suspect in the city it might be something of a theft target unfortunately.
    You could just take off the expensive bits to reduce the theft target issue...and send them to me for my uncompleted inbred (29") build Nice ride!

mtbr member
    May 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Slash5 View Post
    I predict trouble - you'll never get around to rebuilding the Inbred, too much fun the way it is.

already considering getting a crap frame to make into my commuter. This is too good!