Just Ride!

Mid-Fat or 27.5+

Anyone considering Mid-Fat or 27.5+ for their Inbred or Scandal?

Just Ride!

Just Ride!

mtbr member
    I have my Swapout Inbred set up with 47mm Wide Tryall rims and 2.55 Weirwolf Tires. I have ample clearance in back and up front with a Manitou Minute fork.....can probably fit Dirt Wizards too (or other 2.7 DH type tires).

Sort of a 26+ On-One Inbred

mtbr member
    I wonder how these would work on a Parkwood Frame with a 120mm or 140mm 29er fork up front???

mtbr member
    Feb 2011
    Hi! Is there any chance 29" Inbred will fit a 650b+ wheel? I`m currently riding inbred 26, love the frame but want to go with something different so why not different Inbred

True Moto style!
    The 29er Codeine is looking like a very good option to go B+. The 440mm chainstays and clearance for 2.4 29er tires indicate enough room for this build. 27.5+ rims from 38-45mm internal mated with 2.8-3.0 tires should measure in around 29 inches. Still waiting to see is anyone has tried it before I move ahead with a build. Looking at other 29er with similar geo I think it will be a GO!
    14 GT Zaskar 9r
    15 Moto Night Train
    08 BMC Trailfox
    06 Cannondale Rush
    99 GT XCR
    93 Raleigh MT 200

Tigers love pepper...
    I have an 08 Scandal and I want to see if B+ might fit. Haven't been riding it much anymore and really had fun on a + sized rental on vacation this weekend.

mtbr member
    Jan 2009
    Hi, I have a Scandal 29 with horizontal rear dropouts and from the beginning On-One mentioned that the rear triangle can handle a 2.5 WTB Wierwolf tire. With that knowledge and the 29+ tires in mind and after measuring the rear triangle (which is 76mm wide), I pulled the trigger and purchased 2 Fat B Nimble tires. They are the smallest 3.0 tires available.
    I ride the Scandal rigid on the Dutch beaches, so the knobs has to be cut so I won't dig myself in during the ride. After receiving the tires, I immediately tried a tire on the rear end of the frame (with the knobs still on). I'm using a Ryde Trace Enduro rim, which has a inner rim diameter of 29mm. The tire fits easily in the frame, with a 2-3mm of space on each side. So after cutting the knobs I've got 1mm of space extra on each side.
    So now my On-One Scandal 'beach'-bike is transformed into a 29+ beachbike.

I'll post a photo of the ride soon so you can see the result.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by glasius View Post
    Hi, I have a Scandal 29 with horizontal rear dropouts and from the beginning On-One mentioned that the rear triangle can handle a 2.5 WTB Wierwolf tire. With that knowledge and the 29+ tires in mind and after measuring the rear triangle (which is 76mm wide), I pulled the trigger and purchased 2 Fat B Nimble tires. They are the smallest 3.0 tires available.
    I ride the Scandal rigid on the Dutch beaches, so the knobs has to be cut so I won't dig myself in during the ride. After receiving the tires, I immediately tried a tire on the rear end of the frame (with the knobs still on). I'm using a Ryde Trace Enduro rim, which has a inner rim diameter of 29mm. The tire fits easily in the frame, with a 2-3mm of space on each side. So after cutting the knobs I've got 1mm of space extra on each side.
    So now my On-One Scandal 'beach'-bike is transformed into a 29+ beachbike.

I'll post a photo of the ride soon so you can see the result.
    Photos ASAP please. So these are 29+ and not 27.5+?

Just Ride!
    Yes, photos please. I am running 32x20 ss and a half link with horizontal drops on my Scandal. This is combined with a Michelin Wild Rac'r 29x2.25 on a 19mm internal Shimano XT rim. There is only 6mm clearance on each side, so there is certainly no way I could run 29+. Maybe 27.5+ platform...

Tigers love pepper...
    UNfortunately I don't have the horizontal dropouts. I have a feeling I'm not gonna be so lucky.

I'm OK with 27.5+ (Blunt 35 and Trailblazer 2.8s). Anybody?

Looking at the existing clearance, I don't think it will fit (at least not with my existing front derailer).

mtbr member
    Jan 2009

On-One Scandel 29 Beachracer with Panaracer Fat B Nimble 29x3.0 tires

Better late then never.

Here are some pictures of my On-One Scandal 29 beachracer, with Panaracer Fat B Nimble 29x3.0 tires. The cutting of the knobs took a lot of work.

As you can see, the clearance I mentioned in my earlier post, was not realistic. I got (the picture doesn't show it that good) a clearance of 2mm on each side. By adding a Surly tugnut, I'm ensured that the wheel won't slide away when I ramming on the pedals.

If you have questions... Feel free to ask.

Mid-Fat or 27.5+-wp_20151021_14_38_48_pro.jpg
    Mid-Fat or 27.5+-wp_20151021_14_39_30_pro.jpg

mtbr member
    Inbred 29" with 29x3.0 front and 2.4 in the back.
    Bontrager Chupacabra on a Notubes 29" Hugo and Schwalbe RaRa on a Superstar D25 rim.
    Tight fit in the rear...
    Bike rides like a charm, but the tire pressure for the Chupa has a very narrow sweet spot around 0.8 bar - 11psi.

Belgian beer and Scotch whisky.