mtbr member
    Nov 2010

Manitou Tower forks on On Ones

I am looking for a good 100mm fork that I can use alternately on my 29er Inbred and my Lurcher. Have seen a couple references to people putting Manitou Tower forks on these bikes. I can get a Pro or Expert for a good price ($300 to $380) and am wondering about the pros and cons versus Fox or Rockshox.

Looks like weights are comparable to the lighter XC Fox and Rockshox forks.

Thanks for any insights/comparisons.

mtbr member
    I really like my tower pro. I guess the one con I have off the top of my head is adjustability. Not many dials on the manitou, however, they are very adjustable internally. If you or a lbs feels like diving in you can set the fork up however you want; just need the kits. Another plus is you can call manitou for setup questions and they will help you out. The 15QR is awesome and very simple to use. I beat the heck out of mine and so far no leaking seals and it still performs. I hope this helps.

mtbr member
    I bought a tower pro two years ago. After set up, it has been perfect. I liked it enough that I just bought a second one for another bike.
    Last edited by Raymo853; 11-29-2012 at 11:30 AM.

mtbr member
    Got my new Tower Pro 80mm 15QR yesterday. The newer one looks a bit improved over my old 80 mm 9mm.

The top of the lower assembly is more convoluted, I assume to be stiffer. Otherwise the upper and tube appears about the same to the older one. Of course the dropouts are different since it is a different dropout type.

Last edited by Raymo853; 11-29-2012 at 11:31 AM.

mtbr member
    Nov 2010
    Thanks for the info. I was initially thinking I would get a fork with a straight 1 1/8th steerer tube so I could use it on my steel Inbred 29er and on my Lurcher. Now I am thinking I will go with a tapered tube and just use it on the Lurcher. That way I get maximum performance with this bike. Will keep the Inbred rigid for now.

mtbr member
    Wow. After one 7 mile ride I am shocked by the new fork. I though the old one was not flexy, well compared to the new one, I was very wrong. The new fork tracks amazing and does not seem to flex at all. Wow.

mtbr member
    Nov 2010
    What hub width are you guys running on these forks?

I would like to run a 15mm axle and a standard 100mm wide hub. Was looking at the Manitou Tower Pro 100mm suspension/tapered steerer fork with 15mm axle, but it looked like it was for 110mm wide hubs.

Can you guys shed some light on this?

Thanks.
    Last edited by eugenemtbing; 12-04-2012 at 12:12 AM.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by eugenemtbing View Post
    What hub width are you guys running on these forks?

I would like to run a 15mm axle and a standard 100mm wide hub. Was looking at the Manitou Tower Pro 100mm suspension/tapered steerer fork with 15mm axle, but it looked like it was for 110mm wide hubs.

Can you guys shed some light on this?

Thanks.
    Before you asked this questions, I just assumed 15mm axels were the same width as 9mm axels, I checked my 9mm Tower and 15QR tower, and they are both the same width, 10 cm

mtbr member
    Nov 2010
    Ordered two CK hubs today -- 15mm for the front, with a mind for the Tower Pro tapered/15mm fork.