mtbr member
    Jun 2008

Lurcher sizing cont...

Hello

I'm in the process of speccing a Lurcher build but can't decide on the size I need. I'm 6ft 2" with an inseam of just under 35". Initially I thought the 21" would be fine but now thinking maybe 19.5" as the ETT length is very close to my previous frame but was running that with a 90mm stem. The 21" ETT is an inch longer but I would run with a 70mm stem perhaps? Any info on this would be much appreciated.

Dan

mtbr member
    Nov 2010
    I am shorter, so my info might not help, but I am 5'11" with a 32" inseam. I like my 19.5" Lurcher with a 110mm stem. I really enjoy the relatively high configuration of the front end.
    Last edited by eugenemtbing; 10-20-2012 at 10:39 PM.

mtbr member
    Oct 2008
    Strange, I'm 5'11 with about the same inseam and I ride a 18 with a 90mm stem.

mtbr member
    Nov 2010
    Don't know if this helps, but here is my geometry on a 19.5 inch frame with a 110/6 stem.
    Lurcher sizing cont...-imageuploadedbytapatalk1351022312.848379.jpg

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    Thanks for the info, how tall are you? I'm leaning toward a 19.5" purely due to the toptube length being only slightly longer than my last frame.

mtbr member
    Nov 2010
    I am 5'11" with a 32" inseam (at least that's what my pants say).

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    Thanks. Anyone else have experience on the lurcher sizing?
    If I went with a 19.5" would I definitely need a 400mm seat post?

mtbr member
    Jan 2010
    Here's a picture of my Inbred 29er, same Geometry as the Lurcher I believe. I am the same size as you 6'2" 35" inseam. I ummed and arrd about size and went for the 19.5 with a 90mm stem, and 410mm seatpost. Could have gone either way I think, although I am very happy with the choice I made.
    Hope that helps
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Lurcher sizing cont...-inbred-large-.jpg  

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by SS220 View Post
    Here's a picture of my Inbred 29er, same Geometry as the Lurcher I believe. I am the same size as you 6'2" 35" inseam. I ummed and arrd about size and went for the 19.5 with a 90mm stem, and 410mm seatpost. Could have gone either way I think, although I am very happy with the choice I made.
    Hope that helps
    Wheels are Hope Hoops with Hope pro 2 evo hubs? Could you write some words about it? I'm thinking of buying a set for my "planned" Inbred 29er.
    ___
    2012 On-One Inbred 29er (custom ht w/2x10, trail, fun & race bike)
    2013 On-One Lurcher Carbon SS (in progress)

mtbr member
    Jan 2010

Hope Hoops

Yes they are hope hoops, with the pro 2 evo hubs. They have been good, no problems. Although I haven't really pushed them that hard as the bike spends most of its time as a commuter on pavement.
    One thing I have noticed (all hope hubs) is that they don't spin as freely as other brands. I have a set of X9 hubs that seem to spin forever compared to my hope hubs.
    They are a solid hub tho, I have a pair of the older pro 2 hubs on a 456 that I have used for 3 years with no problems at all, and several of my mates are using hope hubs as well with no problems.

mtbr member
    Nov 2010
    I have ridden a pair of Pro 2 EVO hubs hard for about a year now. Very solid and great engagement (but not quite the level of CK) but VERY loud. Some people like the growling. I don't.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by DanB1978 View Post
    Thanks. Anyone else have experience on the lurcher sizing?
    If I went with a 19.5" would I definitely need a 400mm seat post?
    Dan, do you have the sizing sorted out ?
    Just in case, I have a 19.5"
    Inseam 34
    I use a 100mm stem and a 400mm seatpost. 350 is a bit on the short side.
    Belgian beer and Scotch whisky.

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    Thanks for the replies I've gone with a 19.5" and it's a perfect fit, only ridden a couple of times but very impressed so far.

mtbr member
    Jan 2010
    Nice!

Got any pics?