Too Much Fun

New question here. Lurcher size question...

Hi On-One peoples,

I'm 5'8" with a shortish 30-31" inseam. I *think* I'm right in between the 16" and 18" Lurcher.

Can anyone comment on sizing? Do they run larger or smaller? Is it a "true" size? Is it measured center to center?

I did a search but it didn't seem to come up with anything.

Many thanks in advance.
    - -benja- -

mtbr member
    Lurcher should have the same geo as the inbred. I just got a 16" inbred (5'9", 30-31" inseam). With the rigid fork on it I have plenty of standover. With an 80mm fork on there it's a little tighter, probably wouldn't want it any tighter. As far as my riding position, it is very comfortable for me, but I probably prefer to sit up a little straighter than most.

Nouveau Retrogrouch SuperModerator
    Quote Originally Posted by benja55 View Post
    Hi On-One peoples,

I'm 5'8" with a shortish 30-31" inseam. I *think* I'm right in between the 16" and 18" Lurcher.

Can anyone comment on sizing? Do they run larger or smaller? Is it a "true" size? Is it measured center to center?

I did a search but it didn't seem to come up with anything.

Many thanks in advance.
    The ETT length is more important than the seat tube length.

The geometry chart is here: On-One Lurcher Carbon Hardtail 29er Frame
    mtbtires.com
    The trouble with common sense is it is no longer common

Too Much Fun

Hmmmm.... Can't tell which way to go.

Quote Originally Posted by shiggy View Post
    The ETT length is more important than the seat tube length.

The geometry chart is here: On-One Lurcher Carbon Hardtail 29er Frame
    ...Thanks Shiggy, I had been looking at that. I actually think I might do better on the 18. I'm right on the line. The FS bike I'm on now has an ETT of 22.8.
    - -benja- -

Too Much Fun

good info, thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by jimmay5469 View Post
    Lurcher should have the same geo as the inbred. I just got a 16" inbred (5'9", 30-31" inseam). With the rigid fork on it I have plenty of standover.
    Yeah, we're pretty close in size, but I like a bit more stretched out position. I'm also new to 29'ers as well, so lots to learn.
    - -benja- -

Nouveau Retrogrouch SuperModerator
    Quote Originally Posted by benja55 View Post
    ...Thanks Shiggy, I had been looking at that. I actually think I might do better on the 18. I'm right on the line. The FS bike I'm on now has an ETT of 22.8.
    22.8"? That is nearly an inch shorter than the 18" Lurcher. You would be very stretched out.
    mtbtires.com
    The trouble with common sense is it is no longer common

Too Much Fun

Good job! good catch

Quote Originally Posted by shiggy View Post
    22.8"? That is nearly an inch shorter than the 18" Lurcher. You would be very stretched out.
    Yikes, measure twice; cut once. I mis-read the Lurcher # as 22.7. It's 23.7.
    - -benja- -

mtbr member
    Oct 2008
    I'm 5'11 and the med. frame fits me perfect. (90mm stem, no set back on the post) We have 2 Lurchers and 2 Scandals at the shop and if I could do it again I would have ordered the Scandal.

I love the geo of he Scandal\Lurcher but I'm just not a carbon fan. I run a 32:18 gear ratio and even with the chain "BMX" tight I still get chain slap on the chain stays. The carbon frame also transmits every little sound. It does look great!

Maybe Shiggy will cut me a deal on one or two more frames. They would be #5 and #6 in the past 60 days.