mtbr member
    Feb 2008

Lurcher 1x10 setup

Just ordered a Lurcher and plan on running it 1x10. Wondering what people are using as a chain catcher in the front. I previously had a jump stop on my Sir9 but from the pics it looks like that wouldn't work on the lurcher.

Would some thing like a k-edge that mounts to the derailleur mount work?

Road Braze-on Chain Catcher - K-Edge Chain Catchers

mtbr member
    Nov 2011
    I'm running a bashwich on my 1X9 Inbred. It's been bullet proof - and that's on a rigid bike. Only problem is a Lurcher probably won't have room for the inner plate.

My front suspension 26er Inbred has a single speed chain ring and an outer bash ring and I've never dropped the chain on it - but don't ride it much.

Nouveau Retrogrouch SuperModerator
    Quote Originally Posted by idaho29er View Post
    Just ordered a Lurcher and plan on running it 1x10. Wondering what people are using as a chain catcher in the front. I previously had a jump stop on my Sir9 but from the pics it looks like that wouldn't work on the lurcher.

Would some thing like a k-edge that mounts to the derailleur mount work?

Road Braze-on Chain Catcher - K-Edge Chain Catchers
    The K-edge will not work on a mtb. It bolts to a road braze-on RD.

MRP and others make a FD-style direct mount guide.

The double guard rings is the best option if you have the clearance. Will mainly depend on the chainring size you are using.
    mtbtires.com
    The trouble with common sense is it is no longer common

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by shiggy View Post
    The K-edge will not work on a mtb. It bolts to a road braze-on RD.

MRP and others make a FD-style direct mount guide.

The double guard rings is the best option if you have the clearance. Will mainly depend on the chainring size you are using.
    Oops. You're right. My buddy has a K-edge on his A9C but I guess they did a custom one for him since we're local. MRP it is.

mtbr member
    I will be running a MRP chainguide on my Lurcher running 1x10. It went into the shop to have the brake cables trimmed and the shifter cable installed, so Hopefully I will have it back either tomorrow or Wed. I cannot wait, I think it turned out really nice.