mtbr member
    Dec 2010

Inbred frame weight

Does anyone know what the 18" Inbred 29'er swap out frame weighs? I'm looking to capitalize on the 25% off steel deal.

Also I'm incredibly happy since my big long email tonight via the contact us link at the Planet X webpage was replied to in about 15 minutes. Not only were all my questions thoroughly answered but I truly appreciate the time spent to hold my hand through the frame size selection process.
    Thanks.

mtbr member
    Dec 2010
    Bueller.....Nobody? Can someone at least confirm it is less than 6 lbs?

mtbr member
    Dec 2011

estimate

Somebody was stating his 18" Inbred 29er (2010) weight at 2.6kg. I am assuming this was the non-swap out version. The vertical swap out weighs 150g. So, altogether it should amount to approximately 2.75kg = 6.06 pounds.

mtbr member
    My 19.5" swapout is 97.4 ounces (6.08 #) with the geared drop outs on it and the cable guide screwed into the BB. I would think a bike with an inch and half less seattube would weigh a little less. It would seem plausible that the next size down would be able to easily shave off that 1/10th of a pound since it has less material involved.

mtbr member
    Dec 2010

Thanks

Thanks for all the replies! Now I just have to decide which color....orange or green....

mtbr member
    Jan 2010

My new Inbred 29er Slot Dropout / 18 inch frame is 5.9lbs

That's 6.1 including the headset