mtbr member

Inbred comparisions

I was pretty much dead set on the Ogre as my next frame, but my supplier just had enormous price increase, so I'm having secound doubts about it. I mean, a Surly for the price of a Singular...

Anyway, I'm looking for a bike to be used in general mtb, ocasional commuting and some bikepacking and touring trips. Just checked On One and they have the vertical dropout Inbred for 176, which is dirt cheap. I can get a Salsa Fargo V2 fork, so I guess it would make a good bikepacking frameset.
    What do you think? Anyone here has experience of the Inbred against the Karate Monkey/Ogre?

Thanks in advance

mtbr member
    Nov 2011
    I assume you have seen this thread.
    Karate monkey vs. Inbred?

Have not rode the KM but love my Inbred - got 3 now.

mtbr member
    Completely missed that thread, thanks

mtbr member
    Dec 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Ze_Zaskar View Post
    Anyway, I'm looking for a bike to be used in general mtb, ocasional commuting and some bikepacking and touring trips. Just checked On One and they have the vertical dropout Inbred for 176, which is dirt cheap.
    Got myself one several weeks ago for the very same user/rider profile as stated in your post. Unfortunately, my build has stalled halfway due to some personal issues. If you decide to get one, then get the orange one! It's the most striking orange frame you will ever see.

Short-Change-Hero
    Have had mine for over a year now and absolutely love the bike. Thinking that I may go to full suspension next year which would move the Inbred to commuter/cx/monstercross duty. All in all the geometry of the frame is great for just about anything, their are eyelets for racks, fenders, what have you, and I have seen people use them as bikepacking/touring rigs. Instead of going with the Surly fork maybe go with On-One's carbon rigid? Approximately the same price as the Surly but you get carbon feel instead for a little more ease.
    Inbred 29r (Purple People Eater)
    HH Thumper (Blackheart)
    Bikes for Boobs F*ck Cancer! One too many, 6/24/13. Miss ya ma'.