Thread: Inbred 456 fork

mtbr member
    Mar 2008

Inbred 456 fork

So I am picking up an older Inbred today, I have been told that the older ones are 456. I looked at photos of the frame and the rear triangle is the same as a 456, and not just an XC Inbred. I plan on using 163mm forks on this frame, are the older frames built for this long of a fork or should I lower them down.

Nouveau Retrogrouch SuperModerator
    Quote Originally Posted by rayray2316 View Post
    So I am picking up an older Inbred today, I have been told that the older ones are 456. I looked at photos of the frame and the rear triangle is the same as a 456, and not just an XC Inbred. I plan on using 163mm forks on this frame, are the older frames built for this long of a fork or should I lower them down.
    There are Inbred frames and there are 456 frames. Not the same.

A 163mm travel fork is slightly long for a 456 but should be OK.
    mtbtires.com
    The trouble with common sense is it is no longer common

mtbr member
    Mar 2008
    So the older frames that say Inbred,( that are 456 before they starting putting the numbers on the frame) that is the frame I am getting, I might be better off using a shorter mm fork? I have a Marz. 55r, when I measure the stanchions are 6 3/4 long, would I do better to lower down to say 150mm? I am trying to understand how this frame works, I thought a 456 could take a 160mm fork, the extra 4mm I didnt think would hurt.

mtbr member
    Mar 2008
    Got it and thanks to you and Mike, I am looking forward to the new frame

Got it and thanks to you and Mike, I am looking forward to the new frame
    Glad to help RayRay
    mtbtires.com

mtbr member
    Mar 2008
    Hey Shiggy, I ordered a 456 on thursday May 31st and recieved it today ( 1 1/2 days later) in great condition, thanks to you and Mike for the excellent customer service. I took it out of the box and started installing parts on it and so far perfect. Looks great and the blue is really cool. Thanks again man, will be buying from your company again for sure.

Hey Shiggy, I ordered a 456 on thursday May 31st and recieved it today ( 1 1/2 days later) in great condition, thanks to you and Mike for the excellent customer service. I took it out of the box and started installing parts on it and so far perfect. Looks great and the blue is really cool. Thanks again man, will be buying from your company again for sure.
    mtbtires.com