Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by shogun9 View Post
    Looks great, I might have to get one myself. How tall are you? Is that the 19.5" frame? What fork is that? I haven't followed On One in a while... looks like BB7's fit now?!
    Im just a hair over 5'10". This is an 18" frame. I spent a ton of time trying to figure out whether to go with 16" or 18" because i didn't want to be too stretched out. The fork is a Kona P2 off of a Kona Unit i picked up used with the BB7's for a bargain. Rotors are 180 front and rear. You could make a 160 rear work with a 20mm IS adapter but its really difficult to adjust the cable clamp and you dont get all of the travel of the sliders before the arm hits the seat stay. I played with it for a while and had it working by pre tightening the cable and taking up some of the travel in the arm prior to bolting the caliper to the frame. I wouldnt recommend it though because the second you want to adjust anything you'll instantly have 45 minutes of mucking around to do. So i swapped out the adapter to a 40mm IS and a 180 rotor and everything fits perfectly now.

mtbr member
    new shoes!

Inbred 29 build thread-img_20140523_175218.jpg

Velocity blunt 35 rims laces to shimano xt hubs.

Did I catch a niner+?
    This bike has gone through a lot of bike changes over the years.

It has settled on a fixed commuter/tourer to which I think it handles well.

Specs:

18in Inbred frame
    Cane Creek S3
    Salsa Enabler Fork
    Fat Sheeba
    Endomorph 3.6
    LX Cranks
    36t chainring
    Stans ZTR Flow
    Paul WORD disc hub
    Velosolo 16t
    Big Apple 29x2.35 tubeless
    Titec J Bar
    BB7 160mm
    XTR Brake lever
    Sun Ringle flats
    Ibera RA5 rear rack
    Ibera pannier
    Sette cooler trunk bag (for lunch)
    M Revelate Tangle bag
    King Cages
    Salsa Everything Cage

I love this frame and I do not think I will ever get rid of it.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Inbred 29 build thread-inbred_commuter.jpg  

Mr. Krabs: Is it true, Squidward? Is it hilarious?

mtbr member
    Oct 2013

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by newdee View Post
    new shoes!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20140523_175218.jpg 
Views:	1156 
Size:	189.1 KB 
ID:	896154

Velocity blunt 35 rims laces to shimano xt hubs.
    Can you share clearance photos of the back? What is the rear tire size you are running there?

Do you think you could run Blunt 35 650b rims with 2.8 Trailblazers in back?

mtbr member
    Oct 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by MMcG View Post
    Can you share clearance photos of the back? What is the rear tire size you are running there?

Orange round - the approximate 650b wheel with 2,8 trailblazer in Inbred 29er frame.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Inbred 29 build thread-dsc_0944-.jpg  

Inbred 29 build thread-dsc_0948.jpg  

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by MMcG View Post

I sold these wheels. I'm now running a 2.25 Nobby Nic on a Blunt SS in the back. The inbred doesn't have a ton of clearance so i doubt a 2.8 would work due to the shape of the chain stays. Here are some photos of the Nic with the dropouts in the front 1/4 of the dropouts.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Inbred 29 build thread-img_20151111_145931.jpg  

Inbred 29 build thread-img_20151111_145947.jpg  

mtbr member
    i should add that it looks closer the the sidewall than it is because the camera is centered over the tread/chainstay dimple. Nevertheless, i dont think B+ on an inbred is practical.

mtbr member
    650B+ wtb trailblazer 2.8 and velocity blunt 35mm rims does not fit in the back. It fits, but with tire run out, there is rubbing. It's a no go.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by toothpuller View Post
    650B+ wtb trailblazer 2.8 and velocity blunt 35mm rims does not fit in the back. It fits, but with tire run out, there is rubbing. It's a no go.
    Good to know! Thank you for informing us.

20 years in the woods
    Feb 2008

... and if we just ...

Greetings from Portugal.

Inbred 29 build thread-p1070993.jpg

Inbred 29 build thread-p1070994.jpg

Inbred 29 build thread-p1070995.jpg

Inbred 29er 18"
    Salsa Cromoto
    Superstar wheels,chainring
    Funn Flame handlebar
    X9 + XT

10,5kg=23,2lbs
    Gajas what?

mtbr member
    Jun 2014
    I just ordered my On-One inbred 18" frame and looking forward to building it up! I am hoping that the size I went with inst too small and hoping other riders can chime in. I am 6'1" with an inseam of 34".

mtbr member
    May 2011
    I am your same size and have been riding the 18" frame for several years. I stretched the cockpit by using an 80mm stem and a 25mm layback seatpost. It will depend somewhat on your proportions and your preferences, but I think you will be OK on it. BTW, if you compare the 18" to the 20", the seat tube is 2" longer, but the front triangle is only 1 cm longer, so not much help. That's why I went with the 18".

mtbr member
    Jun 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by j0hn View Post
    I am your same size and have been riding the 18" frame for several years. I stretched the cockpit by using an 80mm stem and a 25mm layback seatpost. It will depend somewhat on your proportions and your preferences, but I think you will be OK on it. BTW, if you compare the 18" to the 20", the seat tube is 2" longer, but the front triangle is only 1 cm longer, so not much help. That's why I went with the 18".
    Awesome! Thanks for the info man. I am coming from a XL Karate Monkey that was wayyy to big for me but I got a deal on it. Seems like the 18" runs a little bit bigger than most other frames. Do you have pics of yours?

mtbr member
    May 2011
    The title of this thread is specific to the 29er Inbred, but mine is 26er. I think the 29er isn't available on even number sizes, so I'm pretty sure yours is 26er as well, right?

How's this? There are a lot of On-One parts on this bike.

Inbred 29 build thread-inbred-tidal-wave.jpg

mtbr member
    Jun 2014
    The title of this thread is specific to the 29er Inbred, but mine is 26er. I think the 29er isn't available on even number sizes, so I'm pretty sure yours is 26er as well, right?

How's this? There are a lot of On-One parts on this bike.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	inbred on tidal wave.jpg 
Views:	66 
Size:	343.3 KB 
ID:	1045830
    The Inbred 29er is offered in a 18"

On-One Inbred 29er Single Speed Mountain Bike Frame LTD Edition | On - One

mtbr member
    May 2011
    OK, for some reason I was thinking the 29er version was built using odd sizes (15, 17, 19 etc). Thanks for the correction. I looked up the geometry chart and the 18" 29er has an effective top tube of 619mm while mine is only 602mm. This frame should fit you really well.

mtbr member
    Jun 2014
    Yeah I think so also. Have a straight 410mm seat post for now with a 70mm stem to test. Can always make adjustments if necessary! Thanks for the feedback.

mtbr member
    OK, for some reason I was thinking the 29er version was built using odd sizes (15, 17, 19 etc). Thanks for the correction. I looked up the geometry chart and the 18" 29er has an effective top tube of 619mm while mine is only 602mm. This frame should fit you really well.
    Im pretty sure this is a mistake on their site. I contacted on-one about this... like... two years ago, and they still haven't corrected it...

I believe that the geometry page shown for the regular vertical dropout model is correct, while the geometry for the ltd version is bogus. you'll notice the geometry chart on the ltd page has sizes that you cant order, that is, the sizes simply dont match up. As far as im aware, the 18" 29er LTD i bought has a 602mm ETT

mtbr member
    Jun 2014
    This is the frame I bought:

One One Inbred 29 Single Speed Frame | eBay

His measurement says:

18 inch C-C, 21 Center to Top. 24" long top tube so this is for a taller rider. Probably 6 foot or more.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by kendalja View Post
    This is the frame I bought:

One One Inbred 29 Single Speed Frame | eBay

His measurement says:

18 inch C-C, 21 Center to Top. 24" long top tube so this is for a taller rider. Probably 6 foot or more.
    so that would be the largest frame size, based on the center of the bottom bracket to the top of the seat tube dimension.

i just measured my Center to top Dimension (for what is supposed to be an 18"), and its 457mm, which would be consistent with the vertical dropout chart,

On-One Inbred 29er Mountain Bike Frame Vertical Dropout | On - One

not the ltd chart, even though it is the ltd model

i can only imagine how much confusion this has caused for them, so im surprised it hasn't been fixed yet

mtbr member
    Jun 2014
    So this frame should still be ok for me though?

mtbr member
    Jun 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by newdee View Post
    so that would be the largest frame size, based on the center of the bottom bracket to the top of the seat tube dimension.

i just measured my Center to top Dimension (for what is supposed to be an 18"), and its 457mm, which would be consistent with the vertical dropout chart,

On-One Inbred 29er Mountain Bike Frame Vertical Dropout | On - One

not the ltd chart, even though it is the ltd model

i can only imagine how much confusion this has caused for them, so im surprised it hasn't been fixed yet
    So you are saying this is the 20"?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by kendalja View Post
    So this frame should still be ok for me though?
    i don't have any experience in terms of bike fitting. i only commented because i had the same confusion with regards to sizing.

the frame measurements on ebay are sloppy, so the C to Top of seat tube is the only thing you have to go by. One one doesn't state their actual top tube lengths, and the ebay ad doesn't say if that effective, center to center, or just the top tube between the welds.. etc. If its the 21" on the vertical dropout geometry page, or the 20" on the LTD page(if there are really two different sets of frame geometry for the same bike), its probably going to be longer than your karate monkey.

mtbr member
    Jun 2014
    Yeah I agree the measurements are very sloppy. I am hoping that this bike is not too big for me

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast