Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    mtbr member
    Nov 2011
    Assuming they are the usual mountain bike 135mm width and 9mm axle, they will work fine.
    I've just built up a Inbred 29er LTD and I'm using the normal wheels off my Trek Sawyer with a shim stack and a single speed cog. Works great and lets you get a perfect chain line.

mtbr member
    Thanks, got my wheels on sunday, waiting for my frame patiently!

mtbr member
    Frame arrived yesterday, will upload pics once i complete build.... I'm so excited!

mtbr member
    Mar 2013
    I have taken the plunge and I'm getting a On One Inbred 29er Single Speed (not so) LTD Edition in 21 inch in the Pearl White paint with the On One Carbon fork.

thank you for being generous with all your build details. This will be a project bike for me so im taking the time to build it with the best parts i can.

so far my kit swag looks like
    the frame kit,

OnOne Inbred 29er Single Speed LTD Edition / 21 inch / Pearl White
    OnOne Fleegle Pro Handlebar / White /
    OnOne 6061T6 Forged Alloy Seatclamp Bolt Up
    OnOne Smoothie Regular Headset
    OnOne 3D Forged Stem / 80 mm / Polished Black / 17 degrees /
    HOnOne Spacer Set / Black
    OnOne Carbon Fork / 11/8 / Black / 29er
    OnOne Twelfty MTB Seatpost

Parts bought
    Avid elixer 5 (black)
    Oury grips in Hot Pink or Orange

parts to gets
    wheels [single speed only, not fixed]
    chain, cogs,
    disk rotors (prob 180/160)
    Crank Bros Candy pedals

I'm looking for advice on what cranks and BB to source. I want the axel lengths to be as close to spot on as possible to get good chain alignment. can anyone help me out?

I will upgrade the bike with a suspension fork and a hub gear in the not too distant future so this will be my project bike.

cheers

mtbr member
    Nov 2011
    If you haven't already placed the OnOne order, get a seatpost clamp, the 29.8 size is a bit hard to find.
    The OnOne cogs and single speed chain ring are usually good deals - haven't checked the price lately.
    The best deals on rotors is usually on Ebay although you just missed some great rotor deals on Chain Reaction.
    As far as a crank, I'd just watch for the best deal you can find - everyone seems to like the Shimano SLX cranks. Jenson has them for $90 right now but looks like you are in Australia. You can sell the chain rings to offset some of the cost. The Shimano cranks are good because you can play with shims for the chainline.
    If you already have a 29er, you can pickup a rear wheel only and use your other front. I do that for several of my bikes.

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    Does anyone know when Swap out Inbred 29 frames will be in stock? And do the new ones have the ISCG mounts? How about 2 water bottle mounts?

I'll likely be looking to order a frame in the next couple of months. Keep the photos and build specs coming.

mtbr member
    Mar 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by cmscheip View Post
    Does anyone know when Swap out Inbred 29 frames will be in stock? And do the new ones have the ISCG mounts? How about 2 water bottle mounts?

I'll likely be looking to order a frame in the next couple of months. Keep the photos and build specs coming.
    Im not sure about the frames. might be best to contact On One. only they will know their stock levels and what might be on order.
    if your keen for mounts then remember that having a steel frame means you can find a frame builder to "tweak" the frame if you need it.
    Last edited by the_desh; 03-21-2013 at 07:05 PM.

mtbr member
    Mar 2013
    I've finally now got my frame and I've finished building it up.
    its got a good mix to the components and after I finish playing with the setup I will be able to report about how it rides and start on planning stage 2 and 3 of my project bike.

It's going to be my "get out and ride" bike. I still have my road bikes gathering dust and my other 29" mountain bike is still there for when I go to riding but this will be used to get milk or de stress. It's a BMX bike with 29" wheels instead of 20"

No gears, no ultra fancy ultra light bits, no suspension forks to worry about.

Bike Setup
    STAGE 1 (complete)

Frame: On-One Inbred 29er Slot Dropout Pearl White
    Fork: On-One Carbon Fork
    headset: On-One Smoothie Regular Headset
    Seatpost: On-One Twelfty MTB Seatpost
    Stem: On-One 3D Forged Stem
    Seat Clamp: On-One TECH Series CNC Quick Release Seat clamp
    Handlebar: On-One Fleegle Pro Handlebar
    Tyres: package
    Cranks: Shimano SLX 175mm (green bolts)
    Front Ring: 34t
    Rear Cog: 18t
    Chain: no idea but it works
    Wheels: Mavic Crossride 29
    Disc Brakes: Avid Elixir 5
    Discs: Avid HS 1 (160mm)
    Grips: ESI (blue)
    Pedals: Crank Brothers Candy 2 (orange)
    Saddle: plank of wood?

Stage 2: (projected mid 2014)
    100mm Suspension forks TBA (Reba/SID quality)

Stage 3: (projected 2015)
    Hub Gear TBA

Inbred 29 build thread-one-inbred-ss-29.jpg
    Last edited by the_desh; 03-31-2013 at 09:38 PM.

mtbr member
    so how do they climb? Lots of rear grip? How about the descent, is the HT angle slack enough to make it match the new offerings?
    I also wonder about the security of the slot drop outs on a geared setup. Anyone slipping wheels on drops or anything?

mtbr member
    Oct 2012
    Inbred 29 build thread-1.jpg

I have two inbreds....darn those on-one frame sales! I would recommend a 100mm fork on these. The on-one site shows two sets of specs on their page and mentions both a 80mm and 100mm (max) fork size. I've emailed them and they said the frame was designed 'for' a 100mm fork, so there you go. Although, the on-one carbon fork you can tell is much closer to an 80mm riding height and lowers the BB.

The first time I rode a 29er it was a vassago steel frame and fork. One of the first things I remember thinking was that there was a surprising amount of suspension feel on the front wheel. No so with the on-one carbon fork. This thing beats me up going downhill. I'm still waiting to get another tower pro for the second bike.

I haven't had slippage issues with the track dropouts with my bolt-on hub, but I did get longer bolts just so I could get them extra tight without messing up threads. The few times I've ran a quick release with the surly chain tugg, I didn't have a problem either. The on-one chain tuggs also come in a quick release specific version.

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    nice looking bikes

mtbr member
    Mar 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by theNomad View Post
    so how do they climb? Lots of rear grip? How about the descent, is the HT angle slack enough to make it match the new offerings?
    I also wonder about the security of the slot drop outs on a geared setup. Anyone slipping wheels on drops or anything?
    As far as how they climb, I'm on a single speed and I'm limited by my f34t-r18t combo with regard to everything speed related on that bike. Hands down it's the best MTB I own. It rides like a giant BMX, it's fun, tracks well and I'm happy with how it descends. I'm yet to go off road with it but the single speed was built to be my "get out and ride" bike. I still have my road bikes gathering dust and my other 29" mountain bike is still there for when I go to riding but this will be used to get milk or de stress. It's a BMX bike with 29" wheels instead of 20"

No gears, no ultra fancy ultra light bits, no suspension forks to worry about.

The slot drop outs are a simple fix. Get a good chain tug. or if your wanting to use the frame you mentioned then i dont see there being any issues. if your wanting to use gears i'd probably recommend using the frame with the vertical dropouts instead.

Nightriding rules SuperModerator
    Some updates to mine:

Answer Protaper 780mm bars
    Manitou Tower fork
    Superstar/Pacenti TL28 wheels

Inbred 29 build thread-imageuploadedbytapatalk1365668053.764539.jpg

mtbr member
    Well, I'm about to pull the trigger on an inbred 29 frame with swap dropouts unless a deal comes up used real fast or i get a comparable price on a Kona Unit etc. But at the Inbred pricepoint it seems it can't be beat.
    I have a New fork and a complete SLX drivetrain waiting for it. Just need to find a wheelset that is light on a budget.

Short-Change-Hero
    Well, I'm about to pull the trigger on an inbred 29 frame with swap dropouts unless a deal comes up used real fast or i get a comparable price on a Kona Unit etc. But at the Inbred pricepoint it seems it can't be beat.
    I have a New fork and a complete SLX drivetrain waiting for it. Just need to find a wheelset that is light on a budget.
    Can you lace your own wheels? If you can look at BikeHubStore.com and use their hubs and some Kinlin Rims and then buy your spokes from Dan's Comp (you get free nipples with each spoke) and they you can have a pretty killer set of wheels for cheap.
    Inbred 29r (Purple People Eater)
    HH Thumper (Blackheart)
    Bikes for Boobs F*ck Cancer! One too many, 6/24/13. Miss ya ma'.

mtbr member
    Mar 2013
    the Mavic wheelset i have on my inbred are good solid wheels. I'm really happy i got them and if you ever get a fork that has a Maxel axel then its a simple change and your in business.

if you can get the swap out drop outs then id go for it and put the vertical drop outs on it.
    im really happy with the bike. its my project frame and when i can afford it I will do the stuff ive previously detailed.

good luck

mtbr member
    I ccan lace my own wheels and I actually have a set of hubs (nothing too special) that have 160R and 180F rotors. I'll look into the prices to see if it can come out cheaper to lace up a set with tubeless rims as I hope to go that route soon.

mtbr member
    May 2012
    Last edited by rt4x4; 06-01-2013 at 07:03 AM.

mtbr member
    Jan 2008

5 rides on it.... and our love is growing stronger

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    Fender question.
    Inbred 29er frame has rack mounts. Would it be possible to add rear fender and fix it to the rack mounts somehow? Anyone who tried?
    It looks possible, however I don't really know which fender (or mudguard) would be applicable. (For example: Sledgehammer | Inbred 29er | Readers Rides - As Seen On TV )

Anyway, this is my Inbred 29er:
    Inbred 29 build thread-inbred_29er_2048px.jpg
    Last edited by semmiho; 11-11-2013 at 03:26 AM.
    ___
    2012 On-One Inbred 29er (custom ht w/2x10, trail, fun & race bike)
    2013 On-One Lurcher Carbon SS (in progress)

mtbr member
    Oct 2011

My kid with his older Inbred before the last 20 mile descent on an October four day Kokopelli ride.

Wheels are RH rims with 2.4 Conti X-King rear, 3.0 Knard front. KM fork.
    There's two chainrings (32-24) on the crank but no front derailleur. Shifting is done by hand or foot! Regular 11-36 10 speed cassette.

Just Ride!
    Kokopelli ride, wow, I want to go back there so bad! That looks like a great set-up for riding that area too.

mtbr member
    Hi guys,

yesterday I have completed my Inbred 29er SSP. Soon I will change the black stem with a green stem and the current tires with RaceKing 2.2 tires.

How do you like it?

DSC_0521
    von roeb2k6 auf Flickr

DSC_0510
    von roeb2k6 auf Flickr

DSC_0515
    von roeb2k6 auf Flickr

DSC_0517
    von roeb2k6 auf Flickr

mtbr member
    Just Finished
    Inbred 29 build thread-img_00000228.jpg

mtbr member
    Mar 2008
    Looks great, I might have to get one myself. How tall are you? Is that the 19.5" frame? What fork is that? I haven't followed On One in a while... looks like BB7's fit now?!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast