Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by fer83 View Post
    frame:On-One inbred 18", teal
    fork: Rock Shox Reba RLT, 100mm travel, QR15
    Wheels: Sun Ringle Charger expert (22,8mm internal rim width)
    Tyres: On-One, 2.4 chunky Monkey front 50a/42a, 2.25 Smorgasbord rear 60a
    brakes: XT 2012, 200mm front, 180mm rear
    Transmision: XT/X9 10s with 9 speed shimano slx crankset and fd. 22/36 chainrings, 11-36 cassette. Saint pedals
    GD turbo, Spec saddle, nukeproof 50mm stem and ssc 780mm handlebar. King cage SS

it weights about 14kg (30.8 pounds?) lots of details to be sorted. I only have time to ride it for an hour around town. nothing fell off the bike, which is good

excuse my poor English
    Nice ride fer83, I'm looking at this frame and wanted to know how it rides with 100mm up front as it's designed around 80mm. Do you think that the longer chain stays compared to bikes from Kona and Canfield Bros hinder the fun factor? Also, how tall are you and how does the 18" frame feel? Many thanks.

mtbr member
    I'm 5.10, and the frame feels like... a 18" bike really . I don't have enough ride time to know the bike yet so I can't say much, sorry

Team NFI
    Mar 2007
    So...any riding shots of the Inbreds in action?

I admit it is winter.
    If you hurt in your efforts and suffer painful dings. Then you are doing it right.

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    Anyone have the newer Inbreds with the slacker head angles running it with a 100mm fork? If so, does the front end suffer from flop and how does it ride or handle?

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by djembe975 View Post
    Anyone have the newer Inbreds with the slacker head angles running it with a 100mm fork? If so, does the front end suffer from flop and how does it ride or handle?
    I have this model and I ride it with a 100mm fork. Rides very well, I enjoy to ride the bike as much as my 140mm travel full-suspension trail bike. Can be controlled easily, did not experience any nervous behavior during downhills and quite good at climbing as well. However I need to mention that, mostly I used the bike in snow during the last two months therefore I don't have too much experience in 'normal' weather conditions.

Here is a picture which were taken during those exceptional cases when I could ride it in good conditions.
    Inbred 29 AM Build?-budai_hegyek_bicaj_007.jpg
    ___
    2012 On-One Inbred 29er (custom ht w/2x10, trail, fun & race bike)
    2013 On-One Lurcher Carbon SS (in progress)

mtbr member
    Nov 2011
    I get the impression that the head angle didn't actually change. They just changed the recommended fork from 80mm to 100mm which results in a slacker head angle.

some know me as mongo
    Feb 2008
    I don't know if they did or didn't change the angle but either way it is still outside of th "floppy" range. the slackest it would be is about 69* with a 100mm fork unsagged. floppyness only becomes a problem when you start to venture below about 67* on the headtube angle.

mtbr member
    Feb 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Enduramil View Post
    Wondering if anyone has built one up less xc oriented. Read the Singletrack #75 review and they make it sound more AM oriented. Curious as I consider any size rock or log on the trail a challenge. Why my Stylus has a bash guard.
    This is exactly what I'm building right now.

My approach is mostly about the steering components. I like to ride very short stems and wide bars, so I'm putting a 45mm Funnduro and a 74mm bar with a small rise.

I'm not going over the advised 100mm max, so I bought a very basic coil fork, a RS XC32. Not sure about the wheel choice, maybe I went too much on the XC side with a Fulcrum Red Power 29SL set and the MountainKing 2.2", much thinner than I expected.

I'm really curious about what is gonna be, my ride time with a 29er so far is measurable in terms of 3-5 minutes.

I built it because I missed the DMR Trailstar MKII I had before the Specy Enduro, but mostly because the best bike is always the one you don't have (yet?).

BTW, first post here :j

mtbr member
    Feb 2013
    My Inbred 29er growing up...
    i52.tinypic.com/2vb3ng6.jpg
    Still waiting for crucial parts, come on CRC -__-

Team NFI
    Mar 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by meeerkat View Post
    My Inbred 29er growing up...
    i52.tinypic.com/2vb3ng6.jpg
    Still waiting for crucial parts, come on CRC -__-
    I zee nothing.
    If you hurt in your efforts and suffer painful dings. Then you are doing it right.

mtbr member
    Feb 2013
    Fer83, sick looking ride. I am too looking for an AM setup but only have a 100 mm fork, I was advised that 456 EVO would not work well so I am thinking about the inbred 26er. I got the Recon Race, a sick fork but no travel adjustment.
    how is it on the steeper stuff? mind you, I am just an average rider who wants to go beyond XC.

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by jadave76 View Post
    Heres a pic of mine (large frame) almost finished w/100mm Fox G2 F29. Its set up 1x9 with Blackspire stinger and bashwich.
    Have you ridden a Fisher G2 bike? Wondering how the bike feels in comparison to a Fisher. I love the G2 geometry and the Imbred is pretty close, as close a production frame I've found. Is the HTA 70 degrees with the 100mm? The deal is I want steel and I have a steel SS but want a steel geared HT and Trek stopped making the Sawyer.

mtbr member
    Feb 2013
    This my AM build, basically ready except the missing front derailleur.
    Sorry but I still have no permission for URLs or IMG tags, so here's the link:
    imageshack.us/a/img10/121/img20130301125248.jpg
    imageshack.us/a/img820/3120/img20130301134217.jpg

Parts:
    Funnduro 45mm stem
    Production Privee 740mm bar
    Deore, X7 mixed transmission
    cheap RS XC32 fork
    Elixir 1 180mm
    I-Beam saddle & post
    Fulcrum Red Power SL & Conti Mtn King 2 2.2

I love how it ride with the short stem and the wide bar.
    So stable +__+

mtbr member
    Feb 2013
    Sorry, just a dummy post to reach #5 posts.

mtbr member
    Feb 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by sir_crackien View Post
    I don't know if they did or didn't change the angle but either way it is still outside of th "floppy" range. the slackest it would be is about 69* with a 100mm fork unsagged. floppyness only becomes a problem when you start to venture below about 67* on the headtube angle.
    one question, what does flappy and twitchy in terms of handling mean? I seem to read that pure XC bikes are twitchy on the DH while all mountain bikes with slacker HT angles are flappy....what does this mean?

kinda new to mountain biking.

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by meeerkat View Post
    my inbred 29er growing up...

still waiting for crucial parts, come on crc -__-
    ftfy

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    I noticed a strange thing when I tried to convert my drivetrain from an old 9-speed XT to 10-speed.
    I put a brand new XTR Shadow+ derailleur to the frame but I could not adjust the rear derailleur to drop the chain to the smallest chainring (the cassette is 10-speed XT). I supposed that, maybe something is wrong with the rear derailleur so I tried to put a 10-speed XT derailleur. The very same issue came...
    Have you ever noticed something like this?
    I have never seen any similar issue so far. (Alternatively I have put a small washer between the derilleur hanger and the derailleur's mount/plate (or so), which more or less solved the issue but I'm not convinced, I suspect reliability problems on long term...)
    ___
    2012 On-One Inbred 29er (custom ht w/2x10, trail, fun & race bike)
    2013 On-One Lurcher Carbon SS (in progress)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2