Thread: Drop out bolts

mtbr member

Drop out bolts

I received my lurcher today but there weren't and bolts for me to attached the dropouts to the frame. It looks like it would take clincher bolts because theres no threading. Does anyone know what size the bolts are or if you can get themor something similar at a hardware store? Already tried Lowes, no go. Emailed On One, but its the weekend.
    RideMFRide

mtbr member
    Jul 2010
    That's really unlucky. I got my 456C the other day and the bolts were scattered around the box. I really thought 1 was lost but I found it wedged into a corner.

I really think on-one needs to do something better with the dropout bolts. I've heard of a number of frames that didn't come with them and I'm sure there are more like me who found them loose in the box.

I feel for you man, I hope you come right quickly.

mtbr member
    Nov 2011
    At least on my Inbred swapout, the bolts look to just be chainring bolts and nuts.

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    contact on one.
    u need, longer than usual, chainring nuts and bolts.

Nouveau Retrogrouch SuperModerator
    Quote Originally Posted by JokerSC View Post
    I received my lurcher today but there weren't and bolts for me to attached the dropouts to the frame. It looks like it would take clincher bolts because theres no threading. Does anyone know what size the bolts are or if you can get themor something similar at a hardware store? Already tried Lowes, no go. Emailed On One, but its the weekend.
    Joker, have not seen your email, but found your order (sent to Indian Land SC).

I am putting the bolts in the mail to you today.

They are chainring bolts, but extra long and not easily found.
    mtbtires.com
    The trouble with common sense is it is no longer common

mtbr member
    You the man, Shiggy!

Glad I posted here since you didn't get the email. Not too many of us here in Indian Land, probably pretty easy to find out who it was!!

I am looking forward to getting the bike finished and taking her out on a long ride!
    RideMFRide