mtbr member

Clyde+Lurcher+speed+hard crash=?

I had one of the harder crashes in my riding history this weekend. I was too tired to control the bike much more. You know that tired when you ride the little ring in singletrack. Well I had a little downhill to take advantage of my gravitational advantage and I let 'er rip. No brakes to the bottom and over a little bridge above a dried up creek. My front wheel came off just as I was about to shoot up the other side and WHAM right into the side of the bank. It felt to me like my Lurcher folded up ike an accordian and sprung backwards. I went OTB and once I realized I was in one piece went looking to investigate the damage. To my suprise there was no none. I literally felt the bike compress so much the front wheel rubbed the downtube and nothing snapped. I still cant believe it.

Me, 225lbs going about 20mph into a dead stop. Front fork Tower pro with Arch's. Bike should have snapped in half at the headtube. Thanks On-one. You saved me having to build a new bike.

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    My neck hurts just reading that. Very lucky you could ride out after and you didn't damage yourself or the bike.