mtbr member
    Aug 2010

Carbon Urban/commute build?

Really liking the Carbon Lurcher frame with the rigid carbon fork. I am coming off a Cannondale Bad Boy and want to try something different. How would running a Lurcher with the On One carbon fork with 700c wheels? That fork and frame combo looks amazing and would make a sweet commuter if possible. Has anyone tried this or seen it? Would a Whippet frame work better (don't like it as much as the Lurcher). Thanks for any feedback!

Off the back...
    I know I can get 700c slicks into a Whippet with no issues. Doing the same with a Lurcher would be easy. I'm doing the commuter thing with an Inbred Ltd frame right now, and it works well.

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    I really like the Lurcher frame more but not sure how 700c wheels would look in that frame. I guess I could run 29er wheels with 700c tires but would like to run 700c wheels.

Off the back...
    Actually, 700c is 29". Same rim diameter. Rim width varies, but choose the rim based on the tire you want to use. For example, I put Schwalbe touring tires (700x32c) on my Shimano MT55 29er wheels for street use. Fast and durable.