Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: 45650b

Big Paws on a Puppy!!

45650b

Just wondering if there have been any updates or if anyone knows when the frames discussed in this blog post might be available for sale: Brant Blog

Thanks!
    ‎"My bicycle masters boardwalk and quagmire with aplomb." - Tom Nuttall

mtbr member
    I'm curious too and trying to be patient waiting for info about dates and geometry

mtbr member
    Feb 2006
    I asked the other day and was told that the frames will be available in early December. What I am really wondering is what rear dropouts will be offered.

I think the geo and build specs will be similar to the current evo 2 except we'll be looking at a 44mm headtube.

Hopefully someone can come in here and let us know something...I want to buy a 650b wheelset but need to know what rear axle to get.

mtbr member
    Dec 2011
    I'm looking into this one in or the Genesis High Latitude LT, both in Ti. Indeed dropouts would be nice to know.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by fr0sty View Post
    I think the geo and build specs will be similar to the current evo 2 except we'll be looking at a 44mm headtube.
    Thanks for the timing info!

That's my guess on the geometry as well but it still leaves room to wonder what will change to accommodate the larger wheels. Chainstays on the 26" Evo2 are as long as many of the latest 29er AM hardtails so I'm hoping Brant hasn't extended them from the Evo2

mtbr member
    Dec 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by boomn View Post
    Thanks for the timing info!

That's my guess on the geometry as well but it still leaves room to wonder what will change to accommodate the larger wheels. Chainstays on the 26" Evo2 are as long as many of the latest 29er AM hardtails so I'm hoping Brant hasn't extended them from the Evo2
    Not sure where I read it but I think the chainstays are 430mm. So that would mean almost zero chainstay growth for the larger models.

mtbr member
    Feb 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by CS645 View Post
    Not sure where I read it but I think the chainstays are 430mm. So that would mean almost zero chainstay growth for the larger models.
    Hopefully Brant can come in here and clear this up. Removable/replaceable droupouts would be perfect...

mtbr member
    Dec 2011
    googled it: On-One Expands Their 456 Line with The 45650b

430mm is quite okay. 419mm on my Genesis makes it playful but not the best climber with my 6'2.

mtbr member
    Feb 2006
    In addition...pretty please On-One offer this one in either RAW with blue accents like the current EVO2 or Candy Blue!

mtbr member
    Feb 2006
    Any new info?

Tree Hugger
    I got an email today from the Planet X USA rep who said the 45650B frames would not be available until mid February and that date was still subject to change.......
    I love mankind - it's people I can't stand. ~Charles M. Schulz

Tree Hugger
    Quote Originally Posted by Sasquatch View Post
    I got an email today from the Planet X USA rep who said the 45650B frames would not be available until mid February and that date was still subject to change.......
    I just got a reply from another US rep who says the frames are arriving in the UK in the next few days. I wonder which one is correct??

mtbr member
    I just got a reply from another US rep who says the frames are arriving in the UK in the next few days. I wonder which one is correct??
    Both could be correct if the full first run of frames is going to their main UK warehouse and the US warehouse isn't getting any until a planned second run. That's my guess at least

mtbr member
    Feb 2006
    Answer from On-One uk:

"Frames are starting to arrive - but in limited sizes and colour options until the full batch lands in early January. We'll be relelasing a build and a preorder very shortly (before Christmas)."

I'm not sure what the status is on the US frames but it seems that UK frames are coming soon!

mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    Answer from On-One uk:

"Frames are starting to arrive - but in limited sizes and colour options until the full batch lands in early January. We'll be relelasing a build and a preorder very shortly (before Christmas)."

I'm not sure what the status is on the US frames but it seems that UK frames are coming soon!
    It's already available in UK but in limited sizes... On-One 45650B Frame

mtbr member
    Feb 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Dhups View Post
    It's already available in UK but in limited sizes... On-One 45650B Frame

Looks great, now if someone could point me in the general direction of an affordable 44mm headset that would be great.

mtbr member
    Looks great, now if someone could point me in the general direction of an affordable 44mm headset that would be great.
    Cane Creek 40

Tree Hugger
    I put in an order for a 16" 45650B yesterday. I ordered it through Brandon @ Planet X USA. He thinks that the frame will arrive within 2 weeks. If I understood correctly, they only had a handful of frames on the way to the US, with more arriving at the end of January. I have a Fox 34 27.5 CTD 120-150 TALAS fork ready, and am shopping for a new wheelset now. I'm still debating whether to try and do a cheap 1x10 build or just stick with 2x10. I hope to pick up the rest of the parts via various Xmas sales and build this bike up soon.

mtbr member
    Feb 2006
    Sounds good! Similar to what I am planning. Already got all the bits for a RAW 45650b. Unfortunately those frames wont be available until the end of January.

Tree Hugger
    My frame arrived in PDX today. I should have it by Friday.

I put in an order for a 16" 45650B yesterday. I ordered it through Brandon @ Planet X USA. He thinks that the frame will arrive within 2 weeks. If I understood correctly, they only had a handful of frames on the way to the US, with more arriving at the end of January. I have a Fox 34 27.5 CTD 120-150 TALAS fork ready, and am shopping for a new wheelset now. I'm still debating whether to try and do a cheap 1x10 build or just stick with 2x10. I hope to pick up the rest of the parts via various Xmas sales and build this bike up soon.

mtbr member
    Feb 2006
    My frame arrived in PDX today. I should have it by Friday.
    Post your build! Cant wait to see a 45650b built up!

Tree Hugger
    It arrived! Looks nice. I have a fork, but need to get wheels and a drivetrain before I can build it up and take it for a ride. It may be a few weeks, but I'll post photos once it's done.

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    Any ride impressions yet? I just bought a ragley big wig but I'm thinking about returning it for one of these. I have all the 650b parts already but no 29er stuff so I'm thinking this would be a faster build. My main worry is I'm going to miss the momentum of those wagon wheels....

Tree Hugger
    I just ordered the final parts needed and have should be able to build up the bike next week. I'll post photos once it is built, and ride impressions will follow ASAP.

mtbr member
    any indication about the weight ?
    somewhere between 2,7 and 3 kg ?
    Belgian beer and Scotch whisky.

Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast