Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 45650b

mtbr member
    It was an Identiti Rebate XL. It has a 20mm axle.

I had since gone back to a X-Fusion Vengeance @ 150.

mtbr member
    Jun 2014
    I like the black frame, almost wish I went for the black one instead of the raw, I just liked the idea of having no paint to chip on the raw frame.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Deerhill View Post
    the real question though, what's in the giant thermos?
    It is a manual canister. I use it as toolbox. Inner tube, tools and spares inside waterproof canister.

mtbr member
    Nice either way!!!

mtbr member
    45650b-hpim1570.jpg45650b-0915141801.jpg
    Originally black w/ blue decals now matte black powdercoat
    >>"Every chance I get!"

mtbr member
    Oct 2014
    Hi!
    My first post here

I don't know what frame size i should choose..

I'm 5'7,7"? (172cm) and inner legs with 32,3"? (82cm)
    On the legs i should choose a 18" and for my length 16"? If I look at the on-one site..

Sooo which one should I buy?

I'm not so good in English but I think you undertand =)

mtbr member
    Jun 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by makkkan View Post
    Hi!
    My first post here

I don't know what frame size i should choose..

I'm 5'7,7"? (172cm) and inner legs with 32,3"? (82cm)
    On the legs i should choose a 18" and for my length 16"? If I look at the on-one site..

Sooo which one should I buy?

I'm not so good in English but I think you undertand =)
    I'm 6ft tall and I went for the 18", I think I could have got the 16" and been ok. The18" I find is plenty big enough for my legs. I just wasn't sure about the reach of the 16" so went for the 18".

If I was you I would definitely get a 16" frame.

mtbr member
    Oct 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by silverfish74 View Post
    I'm 6ft tall and I went for the 18", I think I could have got the 16" and been ok. The18" I find is plenty big enough for my legs. I just wasn't sure about the reach of the 16" so went for the 18".

If I was you I would definitely get a 16" frame.
    How long legs do you have?
    I'm just worried that my knee isn't in line with the pedal if I take the 16"

mtbr member
    Jun 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by makkkan View Post
    How long legs do you have?
    I'm just worried that my knee isn't inline with the pedal if I take the 16"
    My inside leg is approximately 32".

I think either frame would be ok, I just think the 18" is a little big and the 16" frame would be a tiny bit lighter and a little more of a playful bike and considering you are 4" shorter than me...

Although I also forgot to mention if I purchased the 16" frame I was concerned about having too long of a seat post sticking out, not keen on long seat posts sticking out the frame, but since getting my 18" frame I don't think it would have had to much seat post exposed as I prefer to run my seat on the lower side. Having bought a set back Thomson post I can't lower it any futher due to the bend but I rarely use it higher and sometimes wish I could lower it, I was considering a straight seat post but I like the set back. Thomson are bringing out a new straight-set back post soon though.

I know its a difficult desicion for you as I believe either would be ok, but again I would think the 16" would best.

Also consider the look of each frame, as the 16" and 18" look different, the 16" obviously looks to be smaller with lower stand over. You might prefer the look of one over the other.

Sir Shreds-A-Lot
    hey guys just curious what these build are coming out to weight wise. i had a 456 in a 26" and would like to build a nice trail bike out of the 650b version
    1985 Trek 670
    2016 Trek Fuel 9.8 27.5
    2017 Trek Domane SL6 Pro
    2017 Trek Crockett

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    Mine weighed about 27" with burly fork, dropper and good tires. My 18" frame's up for sale right now BTW, with the headset. PM me if interested...

Sir Shreds-A-Lot
    thats not too bad, and id most likely be interested in your frame but i need a 16", good luck with the sale!
    1985 Trek 670
    2016 Trek Fuel 9.8 27.5
    2017 Trek Domane SL6 Pro
    2017 Trek Crockett

mtbr member
    With a 120mm 29er fork.

mtbr member
    May 2012
    Quick question I'm about 6 ft with 31.5 inseam what frame size would you all recommend?

mtbr member
    Feb 2014
    18 but double check the size guide on on-ones site.

mtbr member
    Jan 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Douglas25 View Post
    Quick question I'm about 6 ft with 31.5 inseam what frame size would you all recommend?
    18, I'm 5'10 with a 32" inseam and ride a 18 with 40mm stem and love it and could comfortably ride a 16 with a 60-70mm stem.

mtbr member
    May 2012
    Thanks for the quick replies. I ordered a 18 raw frame. Said they would be in stock early December hope it's true.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by akaBrowntown View Post
    With a 120mm 29er fork.
    how do you like it this way? Going to get a 27.5+ tire for the front?

ILIKEBIKES
    Aug 2009
    gbdfhdb
    Last edited by tjchad; 03-25-2015 at 01:11 PM.

ILIKEBIKES
    Aug 2009
    sdgafbh
    Last edited by tjchad; 03-25-2015 at 01:11 PM.

mtbr member
    Maybe in the future. The Vee's are brand new and have been pretty good thus far.

King Diamond is awesome.

ILIKEBIKES
    Aug 2009
    gfhfgj
    Last edited by tjchad; 03-25-2015 at 01:10 PM.

ein
    bloody shins
    45650b-image.jpg

The new ride in its natural environment. I vacillate between lowering the front end and not...

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by akaBrowntown View Post
    Maybe in the future. The Vee's are brand new and have been pretty good thus far.

King Diamond is awesome.
    I've got a Trailblazer 2.8 and would sell it if you were interested.............

J:
    no E: = : )
    Does the Trailblazer fit the rear?

edit* it fits on i25
    Last edited by J:; 05-27-2015 at 08:00 PM.

mtbr member
    Jul 2011

45650b

Unfortunately the 18" is too small for me. I've put about 200 miles on the bike altering the cockpit and it always feels like the front wheel is smack under me. I made the decision to strip it down last night, sell the frame cheap, and buy a 20"

Or if anyone has a 20" raw frame and wants an 18" I would totally trade!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    There's something about those long grueling climbs that gets my front end all stiff... And I'm not talking about lockout...

mtbr member
    May 2012
    What travel fork would you recommend for this frame?

mtbr member
    Jul 2011

45650b

Anything between 4"-6" is recommended. I use a 140mm/5.5"

There's something about those long grueling climbs that gets my front end all stiff... And I'm not talking about lockout...

mtbr member
    Dec 2011
    My girlfriend has a 2013 456C at 150mm. She ride's it in any kind of weather so quite a few larger maintenance issues are coming up in the foreseeable future. She really loves the bike's versatile and confidence inspiring nature. For a new bike she would want 650B, a lower BB and a more forgiving back end. Too bad there's only a steel 45650B otherwise you probably would've sold her a new bike. Best bet for now is a Whyte 905.

mtbr member
    Jul 2011

45650b

I hear a lot of people put on 650 wheels in the 456c but that sounds like it'll jack the bb sky high with a longer fork also.

mtbr member
    Dec 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by kikoraa View Post
    I hear a lot of people put on 650 wheels in the 456c but that sounds like it'll jack the bb sky high with a longer fork also.
    Exactly. She can buy a good set of 650B wheels from a friend, but at 150mm it's just not gonna work that well.

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    So yea, Would anyone with a 20" want to trade for an 18"? I have the super raw but ill take either color. I love this bike but need to move this frame before i buy a new one

mtbr member
    So yea, Would anyone with a 20" want to trade for an 18"? I have the super raw but ill take either color. I love this bike but need to move this frame before i buy a new one
    How tall are you? I am 5'11", and was thinking 20" frame myself. I ride a large Yeti with a 24.4 tt and 55mm stem. The 18" frames have a 23.7tt. I'd rather go long tt and stubby stem...seems to be the opposite of what most people here are doing.

mtbr member
    Nov 2011

New 45650b, just finished getting it together.

Finished putting it together on Sunday, hasn't even gotten it's first ride yet. 20", with Fox 34 TALAS 150. 1x10 drivetrain, soon to have a KS dropper post.

45650b-45650b.jpg45650b-45650b2.jpg

mtbr member
    Nov 2014
    back off reformed! that frame is mine! lmao! just kidding around....but yes, i just bought that and can't wait to build it up! i'm going to swap over all my parts on my Felt (except my saddle, i'm looking into getting a Spoon.)

mtbr member
    Nov 2014
    Frame go bye bye.....keeping the rest....maybe not the saddle. i like it, but i just don't like how it looks on the bike....sorry that probably sounds dumb, but my OCD's just don't let me get over it.....

ok, clearly i'm too dumb to upload pics....

edit: yeah, i can paint with crayon's now!!!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 45650b-mtbrfelta.jpg  

45650b-mtbrfeltb.jpg  

45650b-mtbrfeltc.jpg  

Last edited by inventor; 11-28-2014 at 10:29 AM.

mtbr member
    Feb 2014
    After making the mistake of selling Darth Goat, I'm feeling the sting of my stupidity. How much you want for your 18" raw?
    reachcontrol.wordpress.com
    Bikes, brewing, crass curmudgeon
    "The Reality of the Situation has reached Control"

mtbr member
    Nov 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Reachcontrol View Post
    After making the mistake of selling Darth Goat, I'm feeling the sting of my stupidity. How much you want for your 18" raw?
    It's gone.....I have it! HA ha ha!!!
    There is a black one on PB for $250.

mtbr member
    Feb 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by inventor View Post
    It's gone.....I have it! HA ha ha!!!
    There is a black one on PB for $250.
    Found three on there. Sent messages and now waiting. Though I noticed brand new from UK are $288 shipped right now, though not yet in stock.

Let it the hunt commence.

mtbr member
    Nov 2014
    I just know the guy with the black one for $250. That's what I paid for a frame with 2 months use. I don't know him personally, but he would respond quickly and seemed like a good guy. Yeah, the UK site had them for £149 and I think I saw it for £124. The USA site sells them for $334, that's where the both of them bought the frame. Also the USA site was the only one to have them in stock. Well....I take that back, the UK site had 15ea of the 18" frame and none of the rest.

mtbr member
    Nov 2014
    my new build....although the fork just may be on it's way out.....looking to sell it and buy a 130mm Evo that i can mod to 150mm....and no remote....

* Frame Size & Color: 18" Raw steel (5.6lb)
    * Fork: Fox 32 Factory/ remote 100mm (modded to 115mm and custom oil)
    * Head Angle: 69°
    * Headset: Cane Creek 10 series
    * Stem: Kore 35mm
    * Handlebar: Kore OCD (800mm) cut to 750mm
    * Grips: ECS Chunky (cut 1"+ to keep my hands from migrating)
    * Brakes: Zee
    * Rotors: Shimano XT ice tech
    * Cranks: Shimano XT (shaved down to be a 1X)
    * Bottom Bracket: Stock XT
    * Chainring: Raceface Narrow Wide 32t
    * Chain ring bolts: Wolftooth
    * Pedals: Shamino Saint
    * Shifter: Zee
    * Rear Derailleur: Zee
    * Cassette: Shimano XT
    * Chain: Shimano XTR
    * Seatpost: Thomson Elite cut down to 293g
    * Seatpost clamp: Helix Box (12g)
    * Saddle: Charge Spoon
    * Wheel set: Mavic Crossmax Enduro WTS

* Weight: <acronym title="To be discussed">as it sits 27.8lb (with out pedals 26.7lb) that also includes the remote</acronym> that is now removed
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 45650b-1bike-.jpg  

45650b-1bike-b.jpg  

45650b-1bike-c.jpg  

45650b-1bike-d.jpg  

45650b-1bike-e.jpg  

Last edited by inventor; 12-12-2014 at 03:59 AM.

mtbr member
    Oct 2013
    I love all of the builds. The next shipment of more frames is due in to the UK any day now. One of the 18" raw frames should be headed my soon after. I have a pile of parts in the workshop waiting for a frame. X-fusion Vengeance HLR Coil. WTB Vigilantes. Assorted Race Face Turbine finishing parts. King hubs and headset. WTB I25 rims. Sram XO drivetrain with Wolf Tooth GC. All I need is the frame...

Keep the builds coming. I hope everyone is enjoying their 45650b's as much I have enjoyed each and every one of my On-One bikes over the years...

mtbr member
    Feb 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Griffin32 View Post
    I love all of the builds. The next shipment of more frames is due in to the UK any day now. One of the 18" raw frames should be headed my soon after. I have a pile of parts in the workshop waiting for a frame. X-fusion Vengeance HLR Coil. WTB Vigilantes. Assorted Race Face Turbine finishing parts. King hubs and headset. WTB I25 rims. Sram XO drivetrain with Wolf Tooth GC. All I need is the frame...

Keep the builds coming. I hope everyone is enjoying their 45650b's as much I have enjoyed each and every one of my On-One bikes over the years...
    Are you in the Uk or US? if you're in the US the price just dropped to $305 shipped after talking to Brandon about On-One's sale price, and he seemed to have 18" raw in stock. I would drop him a line!

mtbr member
    Oct 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Reachcontrol View Post
    Are you in the Uk or US? if you're in the US the price just dropped to $305 shipped after talking to Brandon about On-One's sale price, and he seemed to have 18" raw in stock. I would drop him a line!
    Thanks for the heads up. I pre-ordered from the UK site when shipping was a bit cheaper - so unless they will ship me a frame from the US distributor, I'm waiting for the frame from the UK.

mtbr member
    Nov 2014
    well, that upgrade bug got me.....i just purchased a brand new fox 32 factory 100mm remote and now.....it's out. my current fork is now going to be replaced with a Fox 34 Evo 160mm (no remote) but it's going to be modded to the extreme. this new fork does have Fox Gold oil in it though.....
    this may sound dumb, but i hope i like the increased travel. right now i think 115mm is really nice. well see how the new geo and travel works out. i'll just shim it down until i think it's "perfect".

mtbr member
    Aug 2009
    How is everyone finding rear tyre clearance. I'm finding there's not much mud clearance on mine for the size of tyre I'd like to run. A 2.3 Vigilante rubbed pretty much constantly and the 2.2 Trail Boss rubs under hard cornering as the tyre deforms. My old 456 Summer Season had acres of mud clearance. Those tyres do size up properly according to my micrometer and I've got SS Tactic rims which have a 23mm internal/ 28mm external width so they're not huge.

it almost feels like a 26" rear end that they've just shoehorned a 27.5" wheel into

mtbr member
    Oct 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by BoardinBob View Post
    How is everyone finding rear tyre clearance. I'm finding there's not much mud clearance on mine for the size of tyre I'd like to run. A 2.3 Vigilante rubbed pretty much constantly and the 2.2 Trail Boss rubs under hard cornering as the tyre deforms. My old 456 Summer Season had acres of mud clearance. Those tyres do size up properly according to my micrometer and I've got SS Tactic rims which have a 23mm internal/ 28mm external width so they're not huge.

it almost feels like a 26" rear end that they've just shoehorned a 27.5" wheel into
    Do you have a picture of the rear clearance with the different tires mentioned? Might be useful for the thread.

mtbr member
    Aug 2009
    I'll get some tonight

mtbr member
    Nov 2014
    the fork is done! my biggest concern....the 160mm. i don't see much of anyone here going that route, so i assume it's been tried and abandoned. i'll see how the trails go, i can always reduce the travel.

mtbr member
    Feb 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by inventor View Post
    the fork is done! my biggest concern....the 160mm. i don't see much of anyone here going that route, so i assume it's been tried and abandoned. i'll see how the trails go, i can always reduce the travel.

Yes, could be a touch much. I have 150s on and 'sometimes' when climbing it does wander a bit, great going down the hill of course! Just stick your chain over the bars when climbing and you'll be fine

mtbr member
    Aug 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Griffin32 View Post
    Do you have a picture of the rear clearance with the different tires mentioned? Might be useful for the thread.
    Pcs aren't great but this is it with the 2.2 Trail Boss. There's <10mm clearance between the seatbrace and the chain stays. There's zero chance of ever getting a true 2.4 tyre in there which is the max according to On One

Compare that to my wife's carbon Giant Hardtail which has acres of space with a 2.2 Ardent in the back

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    That 2.2 Trail boss looks big. I had way more room than that with my 2.25 Honey Badger.

mtbr member
    Aug 2009
    Measured with my micrometer it's a proper 2.2 width tyre

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    I tested a tubeless Conti XKing 2.4 on a 35mm Blunt rim and it clears just fine.
    Jason
    Disclaimer: www.paramountsports.net

mtbr member
    Nov 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by darrenspink View Post
    Yes, could be a touch much. I have 150s on and 'sometimes' when climbing it does wander a bit, great going down the hill of course! Just stick your chain over the bars when climbing and you'll be fine
    ha! that's NOT a probrem! i have this really bad habbit of riding super forward!

mtbr member
    Nov 2014
    * Frame Size & Color: 18" Raw steel (5.6lb)
    * Fork: Fox 34 Evolution 160mm (current setting) + Gold oil
    * Head Angle: 66.5°
    * Headset: Cane Creek 40 series
    * Stem: Kore 35mm
    * Handlebar: Kore OCD (800mm) cut to 750mm
    * Grips: ECS Chunky (cut 1"+ to keep my hands from migrating)
    * Brakes: Zee
    * Rotors: Shimano XT ice tech
    * Cranks: Shimano XT (shaved down to be a 1X)
    * Bottom Bracket: Stock XT
    * Chainring: Raceface Narrow Wide 32t
    * Chain ring bolts: Wolftooth
    * Pedals: Shamino Saint
    * Shifter: Zee
    * Rear Derailleur: Zee
    * Cassette: Shimano XT
    * Chain: Shimano XTR
    * Seatpost: Thomson Elite cut down to 293g
    * Seatpost clamp: Helix Box (12g)
    * Saddle: Charge Spoon
    * Wheel set: Mavic Crossmax Enduro WTS

* Weight: as it sits 28.12lb (without pedals 27.0lb)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 45650b-weight.jpg  

45650b-travel-.jpg  

45650b-travel-b.jpg  

mtbr member
    Nov 2014
    purchased a used fork (fox 34) and didn't know about this damage to the QR. took around an hour to fix and blend it. i like the final result.....
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 45650b-qr-damage.jpg  

45650b-qr-.jpg  

45650b-qr-b.jpg  

mtbr member
    Merry Xmas from Finland! With Knard and Dirt Wizard, 45650B runs like a reindeer in snow.

26x3.0 Knard fits and rolls in 26" Revelation, but there was not enough mud-/snow clearance. I guess Knard fits same way to frame.
    Last edited by HarMi; 12-25-2014 at 01:39 AM.

mtbr member
    Oct 2013
    Just waiting on some (awesome) wheels.

Team issue WTB Vigilantes are there in the background.

45650b-image.jpg

mtbr member
    Mar 2014
    anyone have a 18" for sale?

16" I've been riding is too small.

mtbr member
    Feb 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by sambosuda View Post
    anyone have a 18" for sale?

16" I've been riding is too small.
    Man there were several on PinkBike but they've all been had! Only one full build for sale right now.

Brandon dropped the price on new frames if you're in the US to $305 shipped @ Planet X USA Web Store

mtbr member
    Mine will likely be for sale soon (18 Raw). I love it but I'm likely to pull the trigger on a Tranny 29. Here she is from our ride today. PM me if interested.

Last edited by Ramjm_2000; 12-30-2014 at 02:17 PM.

mtbr member
    Nov 2014
    finally got to ride! first time trying it out with 160mm! went awesome! the trail i was on is ALL ROOTS! i kid you not! (ha ha....see what i did there!)
    i think the 160mm worked awesome. i had no issues. i plan on having around 5 rides and then try it at 150mm and see if i can feel a difference....
    very happy with the build!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by max_lombardy View Post
    Love the Butte!!!! How'd the 45650b hold up to it!?
    "too weird to live, too rare to die"

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by slapmackie View Post
    Love the Butte!!!! How'd the 45650b hold up to it!?
    Awesome! Went up for a few days, contemplated bringing my FS bike, settled on the 45650b just to see how it held up. Very happy to have chosen the HT for sure. But as you know, Crested Butte is an awesome place to ride no matter what bike you're on

mtbr member
    Awesome! Went up for a few days, contemplated bringing my FS bike, settled on the 45650b just to see how it held up. Very happy to have chosen the HT for sure. But as you know, Crested Butte is an awesome place to ride no matter what bike you're on
    I know man, we go every summer! If you haven't done it, you need to slide out to Moab and ride the whole enchilada. That's a life changing experience.

Anyway, just bought the girlfriend a 45650b frame, should be here in a few weeks. Looking forward to building it up. What travel fork you running on yours? Thinking of 120mm for her, don't want to start her out too big!

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    We'll let some others chime in, but I think 140mm-150mm yields the best geo. I remember someone on here saying a 120mm fork made for a pretty steep head angle. Mine was 150, rode like a dream.

mtbr member
    We'll let some others chime in, but I think 140mm-150mm yields the best geo. I remember someone on here saying a 120mm fork made for a pretty steep head angle. Mine was 150, rode like a dream.
    Well, this is for my girlfriend. She takes a lot of spin classes, not really a rider. Scared the super slack geo will be overwhelming to her!? Maybe that's the best way to learn huh! lol

Anytime. Anywhere.
    How can slack geometry be overwhelming? If any thing it's safer.
    I got some bad ideas in my head.

mtbr member
    Dec 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Travis Bickle View Post
    How can slack geometry be overwhelming? If any thing it's safer.
    Agree.

My GF rides her 456C with 150mm. I've proposed reducing it to 140mm a couple of times, but she refuses. She loves the confident front end. The 45650b should be even better at those lengths with the lower BB.

mtbr member
    Jan 2015
    Hey guys, brand new on here as a member, and I must say this thread has been most helpful.
    I am building a 45650b after reading about On One online and was in between sizes as it seems a lot of you were.
    I am 5ft 6in tall, 145lbs, with about a 29in inseam (give or take .5in) and I am pulling the trigger today on the 16" frame
    Will be running 720mm wide 5mm rise bars with 50mm azonic stem, 2015 fox float 32 150mm fork, new velocity blunt ss rims built on x9 hubs, raceface 32t narrow wide crankset, 1x10 sram x9 type 2 derailleur, easton haven carbon post, and some hayes stroker gram 160mm disc brakes

Hope she works out well, this is my first bike since my 2003 Gary Fisher Tassajara.
    Sweet bike and I rode the wheels off, but I wanted something in between that and my 2008 7point DH rig
    Stoked to get parts rolling in! Thanks again to everyone for sharing frame sizing info!

Anytime. Anywhere.
    bcapp that sounds pretty sweet. At your weight a 32mm fork should be beefy enough. Post some pics when it's ready.
    I got some bad ideas in my head.

mtbr member
    Jan 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by Travis Bickle View Post
    bcapp that sounds pretty sweet. At your weight a 32mm fork should be beefy enough. Post some pics when it's ready.
    Thanks mate! I will get pics up for sure! Frame had to be sent from UK so it should be in just before the end of the month.

Also, i scooped up some Vee rubber fluid 2.4s for super cheap. Tread pattern seems ok for running on the front and rear. Anybody have real world experience with these? 120tpi and they feel pretty nice. Nice big lugs for sure

mtbr member
    Mar 2014
    Il have a 16" raw 45650 for sale if anyone is interested.

shoot me an email, i don't get on here much.
    sambocd6@gmail.com

mtbr member
    Jan 2015
    Got her finished! Miss Maggie is a super fun ride! This was my first bike build up and first ever set of wheels to build. Still true and tight after the first 40 miles cheers!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 45650b-20150207_121537.jpg  

45650b-20150207_121556.jpg  

45650b-20150128_151704.jpg  

45650b-20150203_140003.jpg  

45650b-20150202_222059_lls.jpg  

mtbr member
    Nov 2014
    i finally had enough rides at the 160mm and now have 3 rides at 150mm. i like the 150mm more. seems to handle better and turn and hold more. the first ride the shock pressure was way too low, made the ride very awkard. i plan on changing out the tires and ditching the mavic tires. i think the rear is too narrow for me. on the two trails i ride the most offten i feel like i'm sinking into the dirt or being dragged down. yes, i'm a heavy guy (240lb) but i also believe going slightly wider will help out, from 2.20" to 2.35". the tire most suggested to me are Schwalbe Hans Dampf 27.5 x 2.35 Pace Star
    i'm willing to take any and all suggestions on tires! i didn't believe my Mech at first, i had to google the info, but he told me to buy non tubeless because the sidewall is thiner so the tire will be lighter. apparently it's very common and done.

mtbr member
    Jan 2015
    I found a great deal on some Intense branded Vee Rubber Fluid 2.4s. Put 4 rides on them as well as commuted all week on them. Excellent edge hold, perfect tracking, float through the deepest sandy spots too. More of a DH tire, but I love them on my 45750b

mtbr member
    Nov 2011
    I've had several rides on mine now, and honestly, I don't see how you much better than Neo-motos. 2.3", reasonably light, decent price on sale these days. I'm around 240, too, and ride a Fox 34 150mm fork.

mtbr member
    Nov 2014
    holy cow...so i was looking into the neo-moto's....found this site! $20 each! reviews on them seemed good.

mtbr member
    Nov 2014
    poop...didn't see "out of stock"

mtbr member
    Nov 2011
    Niagara had them as cheap as I've seen them.

mtbr member
    Nov 2014
    delete....repetitive...
    Last edited by inventor; 02-17-2015 at 01:25 PM.

mtbr member
    Nov 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by thewrench View Post
    Niagara had them as cheap as I've seen them.
    THANKS!!!!!!
    so i had to do a little bit of finagling...
    Niagara has them right now for $34.79 but the shipping is a little high....so i had Jenson USA price match them and they shipped them free!!!!!!
    not too bad, a pair of new tires for less than $70! oh, i also jumped on a PB deal and bought a pair of Kenda Nevegal tires for $35 with shipping! almost brand new tires too! 5 rides (claimed).
    i should be good on tires now! i'll throw those Mavic's in a closet!

thanks again!

mtbr member
    Mar 2015
    Mine

mtbr member
    Oct 2013
    On an "epic" ride yesterday morning.

45650b-2015-03-28-08.36.20.jpg

45650b-2015-03-28-08.37.35.jpg

mtbr member
    Nov 2014
    To: thewrench
    man, i have to thank you! i've had the neo-moto's on for quite a few rides now, and i love them! nothing but grip and stability! i can't believe how much faster those tires are. i really didn't think i would have that much more overall speed than the mavic tires. they are much lighter and simply have more grip. i have them set up tubeless with Stans (previous tire sealant really didn't work as well with these).
    the back tire now doesn't loose traction, even though i ride so much forward. it's nice to have the front end dropped just a touch, going from a 2.4" to 2.3".
    i like these tires so much, i now need to get rid of the Kenda's i picked up for super cheap. i thought i was going to swap them out at some point....but not now!
    thanks again for pointing me in that direction!

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    One from today's ride. With my wife's trek lush 29er.45650b-uploadfromtaptalk1428876815058.jpg

mtbr member
    Apr 2015
    I've read almost this entire tread and found some good tips, and today I finally purchased my own. Short clips from my ride in the forests just north of Helsinki;

https://youtu.be/TR0M4apata8

mtbr member
    Nov 2014
    i might have just de-valued my frame.....or......maybe not....
    the cable guides on this drove me nuts! i don't know why, i simply didn't like them. soooooo..... i had a qualified person remove them. now all i have are 3 on the top tube (which are shaved too) and then the rear triangle. so now, this frame is only a 1X. the brake and shifter cable are tied together with tie string (aviation wax tie string) and ran together. i did notice that i now have no cable rubs up front, so it did take that little issue away. i did plan on taking this to a local shop and for a whopping $80, they will sand blast and powder coat it. i haven't decided on a color yet. i would like to keep the "On-One" logo, but to do that, i have to order the 1 frame sticker package. it's their titanium down tube sticker for their pickenflick. the issue with that, i planned on flat black. well, those won't work well together! i also have those bright Mavic Crossmax enduro yellow wheels. so i may have them take it down to 45650b-one-v2.0-g.jpgbare metal and clear coat.
    now i may ditch the whole bike and go with FS....i really don't know....i could keep the frame and still send it to the powder coater....who knows...45650b-one-cable-guide-.jpg45650b-one-cable-guide-b.jpg
    Last edited by inventor; 05-13-2015 at 06:31 AM.

mtbr member
    Nov 2014
    most current build.
    a few changes.
    Neo-Moto 27.5" 2.3" F/R
    Thomson Elite Set Back 367mm post
    Real World Cycling Angular BB bearings
    replaced tire sealant with Stans (2oz per tire)
    switched out Finned brake pads for standard. no, not for weight, i've had brake issues with this since day 1. it finally took having the brakes professionally done, rotors soaked in Simple Green then scrubbed, and brand new out of the package shimano pads.
    bike weighs sub 28lbs with those 1lb saints! the Neo-Moto's dropped a couple hundred grams from the stock Mavics and the Stans was a lot lighter than the other sealant i used.
    45650b-one-v2.0-d.jpg45650b-one-v2.0-e.jpg45650b-one-v2.0-f.jpg

mtbr member
    Nov 2014
    well, being an adult, married, with a kid has changed my plans....no FS for the near future! bills and birthdays come first! lol.

mtbr member
    Dec 2011
    Hope for an carbon or alu version MY 2016. Long overdue. Yes the 456C fits 650B, but it raises the already high BB of the 456C with longer forks even more.

Steel is nice and all, but you don't have to be a weight weenie to appreciate a two pound weight saving.

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    As I've gotten older, I care less and less about weight and more about having parts that work well and last, and for frames at least, that have a good ride quality. I'd rather lug around a steel frame for days than spend time in the saddle getting beaten up on an ALU or carbon frame. Just my $0.02.
    When I strike it rich I'll go full custom TI, but I'm not holding my breath!

mtbr member
    Get off my lawn Max.

Tor
    mtbr member
    Jan 2013
    Hi! I'm thinking of buying a 45650b frame and putting a dirt wizard on. With 38 or 40mm rims. The tire will be about 72mm wide. I saw a picture of one frame with these tires but with narrower rims. Can anyone confirm a fit of the dirt wizards or please measure the frame at the chainstays AND seatstays. Thanks!

mtbr member
    Jun 2014
    I can give you some measurements. .one moment

mtbr member
    Jun 2014
    About 80mm width at top of stays and about 72mm bottom approx about 80mm a bit futher back. Obviously depends where you measure it. Sorry as I don't have a wheel and tyre fitted to see exactly where the tyre normally ends. I think the bottom stay may be tight if not too narrow.

Tor
    mtbr member
    Jan 2013
    Thanks! Could you please measure at 34cm from centre of the axle. That's where the tires at the max width
    Last edited by Tor; 09-06-2015 at 12:28 PM. Reason: wrong spelling

mtbr member
    Jun 2014
    Yeah no problem, I can do that. Just out at the minute. I'll be about hour.

mtbr member
    Jun 2014
    76mm bottom 80mm top.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast