Thread: 456 full rigid

mtbr member
    Mar 2008

456 full rigid

Any one have one or ridden one? Thinking of trying it, due to lack of funds to replace fork I have now. I will be doing alot of street and dirt riding in a couple months. {Knee Surgery} Kinda of tired of replacing parts and just want something to get on and ride again, like the days when I wore a younger mans clothes. I ride Canyon trail and the such, So any feed back would be cool. I was thinking of some sort of 29er carbon, but open to steel. Feed back please

mtbr member
    As long as you get something that is "suspension corrected" for the frame geometry, should be fine. In terms of carbon vs steel, they both have ups and downs. Carbon can tame some of the roughness but with that comes a little flex.
    I've tried a Salsa steel fork and an On-one carbon fork on my Inbred and prefer the carbon by a long shot. The steel was just too stiff when on longer rides.

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    I rode 1 with the Exotic 80 carbon fork, the 29er 1, with a 29" wheel up front and a 26" with a 2.4 Advantage tire, which works best for comfort due to huge volue,

Tried On-One Steel fork, RIGID 100% zero comfort, the Exotic although steering stiffness was fine if you dropped down a kerb with arms straight forgetting no squish it removed a lot of the sting, can actually see the forks bending up and forward helping, must more comfy than the Steels.

mtbr member
    Jul 2010