Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: 456 Evo II

mtbr member
    May 2012
    Cheers. It looks really good.

mtbr member
    May 2012
    will a 16" fit me? I'm 5' 10" with a short 28" inseam. i ride a medium intense uzzi and a ti hard tail both have a 23" (584mm) effective top tube. The 16" evo2 has a effective top tube of 592mm. it sounds to me like the 16" will be a perfect fit? 16" just sounds too small but the reach is fine.
    any thoughts?

mtbr member
    May 2008
    Have you read the below link,

Sizing info | Products | News - As Seen On TV

It may help if you haven't seen it

mtbr member
    May 2012
    thats a great link. i hadn't seen it.
    it seems that most 5' 10" guys are going for the 16" with a 80mm stem. i prefer the looks of the 16''.
    also they seem to be adding 20mm of spacers under the h bars to get it level. I do need a level riding position, I'm so uncomfortable on my existing hard tail because of the h bars are too low.

Quote Originally Posted by wpuk View Post
    Have you read the below link,

Sizing info | Products | News - As Seen On TV

It may help if you haven't seen it

mtbr member
    May 2012
    456 EVO 2 or Sovereign Evil ?
    I like the EVO but I want the raw and im worried about rust? I live in a wet snowy climate with losta salt on the roads and it will be ridden on the roads as a commuter through the winter.

Also, does it climb and DH well?
    I read that the head tube is short and it can put the bars lower than the seat. For me that’s not good.

Has anybody had any experience of the above concerns?

Master of the Universe!
    Apr 2008
    For the rust issue, I would think that if you periodically wipe off the salty residue from the tubes the most you would get is the light patina that you would expect. If worse came to worse you could probably seal the raw using a clear epoxy coat which would prevent the frame from going further than you want.
    The heat tube on the frame is relatively short compared to some other frames, but to the same degree if you use a fork that was on a frame with a longer head tube you can use a few more spacers to take up the slack on the steerer and keep the bars high.
    Can't a guy get bombed and call his ex at 3 in the morning without it meaning something?!

new to this
    Nov 2010
    mine in size 16"

actually kind of digging the red white and blue

magic gear 32-16 with half like - pretty aggressive for climbing, but great for wheelies

456 Evo II-wp_000770.jpg

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by F.N.G View Post
    I had to click the link as the picture didn't show up in the thread but I'm glad I did. Sick shot!

Freeride Pabstist Church
    Jan 2006
    456 Evo II-imag0183-600-x-338-.jpg

Here's mine after a nice night ride in the snow last evening here in western NC.

Fantastic bike. Love riding it.
    I reserve the right to make fun of your beliefs if I think they are stupid.

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    456 Evo II-456evo2.jpg

My 456evo2.

10 speed Saint drivetrain with XT 11-36 cassette and 34t narrow-wide from Wolftooth. 26t granny has been retained for that dirty-finger downshift during long killer climbs.

Saint brakes with icetech 203/180 rotors. Fox Talas 150mm fork.

Pro2evo hubs and Flow EX rims. 2.5 minions front, 2.2 Ikons rear.

Rockshox reverb dropper(not at full height in pic).
    :: Titus FTM :: Santa Cruz TallboyC :: OnOne 456evo2 ::

Master of the Universe!
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by StanSuarez View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	456evo2.jpg 
Views:	305 
Size:	218.0 KB 
ID:	869305

26t granny has been retained for that dirty-finger downshift during long killer climbs.
    Is that meant to imply the climbs are so long that you loose all bowel control before reaching the top?
    Can't a guy get bombed and call his ex at 3 in the morning without it meaning something?!

mtbr member
    Mar 2006

some mostly aesthitic updates to mine....

Custom decals, Lev instead of Reverb and a few other things.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 456 Evo II-20131126_160515.jpg  

mtbr member
    Great looking bikes!

It's killing that there is still a foot or so of snow covering everything. I gotta get out and ride!

mtbr member
    Aug 2004

456 Evo II

Curious if people are running the steel 456 evo2 as a SS w/o a tensioner- is there a magic gear, so to speak- etc... I do have an EBB that fits into a standard BB shell (prototype product that never went into full production) but I wonder if it would be necessary. I just really, really like this frame and I like riding SS certain times throughout the season.
    I guarantee I will never, ever be accused of bringing sexy back...

mtbr member
    Aug 2004

456 Evo II

Never mind my post above- saw the 32:16 comment
    I guarantee I will never, ever be accused of bringing sexy back...

mtbr member
    I don't know much of anything about single speeds and magic gears, but if chaninstay length plays a factor (and my uneducated guess says it might lol), only 14" and 16" should theoretically have the magic gear at 32:16.

CS Length for 14" and 16" is 425mm and is 427mm on 18" and 429mm on 20" frames.

I'm sure there's more that goes into it than that, but just pointing that out

mtbr member
    Aug 2013
    anyone have a bb height/drop (with insert travel fork sagged/unsagged) and or wheelbase on this bike (insert size, preferably 20"). Can't find it @ on-one's site.
    Nice looking bikes, btw. I find the choice of saint kind of unexpected and kewl.

mtbr member

Re: 456 Evo II

http://i.imgur.com/jMUUZTm.jpg

Zombie 500. 47mm trials rims. 2.75" front/2.4" rear. Urban/Trail/???...

mtbr member
    Very cool! How's she ride rigid?

mtbr member
    From today's ride:

456 Evo II-20140403_1603482.jpg

Took her up a local trail and then hit a downhill trail on the way down. Ton of fun and managed to sneak in a ride before the rain.

Also upgraded to SLX brakes after BRAKING the MT-2's. Luckily it was just the back plate and mounting screws, but, perhaps because I could never bleed them, the levers always felt different. The back was a short stiff pull with not much dead travel and the front had a ton of travel. It just felt a little wonky and I found a deal on the SLX's. Super easy to bleed and even in the break-in period, I'm a big fan on their modulation and stopping power. And the levers feel great to me so I'm happy.

Next on the list is a dropper post, wider bars, and a 180mm rotor up front, because, why not? And I have an old Tektro rotor paired with a Magura rotor and it's bugging me . Lol when will the madness end?!

mtbr member
    Feb 2013
    hey everyone, i am about 5"11 or 180cm, i have relatively long inseam at 33.9 inches (cca 87 cm), so that results in a relatively short torso. I have the 456 I in size 18" but i feel like i am a bit overstretched and can't get that flickability out of the bike as everyone talks about. I am thinking about getting the Evo II (the dropper post option now has me sold), but i dont know if the post will be sticking out way too much. The ETT at 592 seems perfect, but the 16" seat tube lenght is my main concern. Right now i run a 35mm corto stem, but it is horrible for climbing, but a 50mm stem makes me feel way to stretched on the bike. I use the bike for general trail riding/AM/DH and am just starting to do jumps, but the current size 18 feels clunky for my short torso. Would the 16" be good or should i all together opt for a different frame? i'd just pass the 18" onto my bro as it perfectly fits him at a slightly taller height.

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Anyone USA people here have trouble hearing back from On One via email? I was hoping to order an Evo II in the raw/blue scheme this week and despite a few emails i haven't been able to hear anything back about whats in stock / when new shipments might come in? I hate being the naggy customer so i just wondered if a few days inbetween response' is typical? Thanks.

mtbr member
    Sea Otter can't have helped.
    Sorry.

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by brant View Post
    Sea Otter can't have helped.
    Sorry.
    Not a huge deal, more or less just was hoping by some chance that one happened to be kicking around somewhere...if i don't here back i'll probably just get it in another color...but that raw is just so dang good looking!

EDIT: Brandon got back to me the next day and was very helpful in letting me know my options and getting my order shipped quickly. Happy first time customer so far!
    Last edited by kyle_vk; 04-15-2014 at 10:17 AM.

mtbr member
    Aug 2014
    456 Evo II-2.jpg456 Evo II-8-1-.jpg456 Evo II-8-4-.jpg456 Evo II-8-7-.jpg456 Evo II-8-8-.jpg456 Evo II-8-6-.jpgmon vélo, evo limitées 2 (18 ')

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast