Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

456 evo

148K views 340 replies 94 participants last post by  brant 
#1 ·
Hi! any news about the frame? I'm really loking forward to it, but come on, I'm sure there is a lot of lurkers like me that really need to know more about the new geo, in wich state of development it is and some estimated dates when it will be available. Just to create some hype and keep the excitement high until we can ride it you know? thank you very much :D

» Just in - 456.1 matt raw (aka 456 Evo) Shed Fire : Designing for On-One, Titus and Planet X from Calderdale.
» 456 EVO YS-714 Shed Fire : Designing for On-One, Titus and Planet X from Calderdale.

Attachments

See less See more
#298 ·
29ers can be fun, but don't agonize about buying the wheelsize that was in for over 20 years. It still works. That said, I've had both, and the big wheels do feel nice cruising over stuff, but unless you have a really nice light 29er wheelset they'll feel noticeably less peppy than the equivalent 26er setup. I had some crappy wheels & tires initially on my 29er, then moved up to stans arches and went tubeless and the difference was incredible. Moral of the story, don't bother with 29ers if you're gonna by cheap.

#10 ·
what would be recommended frame size for a person with:
slightly above 6"; inside leg 34 1/4"; apelike long arms.

Fork will be a 120 mm for the time being. Intended usage are trails and relaxed all mountain tours; no freeride, jumping, etc.

Looks a bit I'm somehow between 18 and 20". Regarding the frame length I'd prefer the 20" size, but I'm wondering if the stand-over height might then be a bit too much for my size.

#16 ·
another question mate,on the spec for the frame it say's the headset is 1.125 ec34,but the bundle say's the headset is a 1.1/8? i haven't been riding much in the past 10yrs so all the headset stuff is a bit confusing,or am i just stoopid?
p.s while i'm here might as well confirm BB is 73mm right?
p.p.s would a marzocchi 66VF2 be o.k with said frame?
cheers

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.