Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: 456 evo

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    Thank you for your answers
    I think i gonna buy the 16 size, because if i choose 18 i will have again the same standover problem again!
    The difference between the ett of 16 and 18 size is tinny i think and with a 60mm stem i will be ok!

mtbr member
    Hello! I also got a question regarding size. I'm 190 cm tall, proportionally built, would a 20'' be better than 18''?

Tnx!

mtbr member
    yes

Blue Pig
    Quote Originally Posted by fer83 View Post
    Proper pics! lovely bike, isn't it?
    It is but if you used a short cage the shifting for that 1x would make it even more delicious!
    I give positive rep all around but then I get negative rep from all the clowns.

mtbr member
    10 speed whit a short mech derailleur will be the next upgrade but I want to kill the nice 9 speed XT cassette first

mtbr member
    This seems to be a good place to ask this, because everyone else seems to be asking sizing questions; I'm 14 years old, 5 foot 6 inches (167.64cm) tall, my inseam is 32 inches (81.28cm). According to On One's sizing chart chart, I'm a 16" frame for height, but for inseam, I'm an 18" frame. I mainly do aggressive trail riding/all mountain riding. What size frame do you guys think I should get?

Thanks ahead of time guys!

mtbr member
    Nov 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by strikerkidNY View Post
    This seems to be a good place to ask this, because everyone else seems to be asking sizing questions; I'm 14 years old, 5 foot 6 inches (167.64cm) tall, my inseam is 32 inches (81.28cm). According to On One's sizing chart chart, I'm a 16" frame for height, but for inseam, I'm an 18" frame. I mainly do aggressive trail riding/all mountain riding. What size frame do you guys think I should get?

Thanks ahead of time guys!
    Are you sure that you measure your inseam correct?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by marnas View Post
    Are you sure that you measure your inseam correct?
    Quite certain.

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by strikerkidNY View Post
    Quite certain.
    i think the reason the previous poster was asking is because a 32" inseam on someone who is 5'6" is pretty, well, disproportionate. for example, i have an average-sized frame, and am 6' tall with a 32" inseam.

not saying your measurements are impossible but, unless you're all legs (literally), you might want to retry.

fwiw, i ride an 18" 456c with the measurements listed above and it fits fine.
    Support your local advocacy group: FVMBA!

Nouveau Retrogrouch SuperModerator
    Quote Originally Posted by robot View Post
    i think the reason the previous poster was asking is because a 32" inseam on someone who is 5'6" is pretty, well, disproportionate. for example, i have an average-sized frame, and am 6' tall with a 32" inseam.

not saying your measurements are impossible but, unless you're all legs (literally), you might want to retry.

fwiw, i ride an 18" 456c with the measurements listed above and it fits fine.
    But is 32" your pants inseam or cycling inseam?

I am just under 6"1'. Pants inseam 33", cycling inseam 35.5". The latter is want matters (for standover). But the length of the frame is more important for bike fit.
    If you have long legs for your height, a smaller frame may fit better.
    mtbtires.com
    The trouble with common sense is it is no longer common

mtbr member
    I just started my 456Evo build (the frame is beautiful!) and ran into a problem already.
    I am using the new On-One MAX Adaptable Maxle Wheelset, which uses a 9mm rear skewer. While the 9mm skewer fits the 'brake side' dropout, there's no way it's fitting in the drive side dropout. Anyone else experience this? Any ideas on what I should do?
    Doesn't look like I can use a 5mm QR with this wheelset either.

mtbr member
    Sounds like the rear dropout slot has closed up very slightly on the gear side. A small tap to the rear mech hanger without a wheel in place could do this - or of course, thick paint/laquer in the dropout (the frames are hung vertically when drying) could do that too.

The difference between fit/not fit is tiny - and I'm sure a small amount of gentle tweaking would fix it.

mtbr member
    That's kinda what I was thinking. Will definitely give that a shot tonight. Thanks!

Before building it up, I was able to directly compare the Evo (20") to my (used and abused) baby blue 456. I can definitely see some minor changes in the geometry. The seat tube angle and the chainstay length were noticeably different. Should be interesting to see how those affect the ride.

mtbr member
    Oct 2009

In the mail

Just ordered up two Evo frames. a 16 and an 18. I'll let you all know when they show up in the states, and how they turn out.

I ordered one with the Revelation. Is there a definitive answer on if it can be shrunk down to 130mm? I've been getting mixed messages.

Blue Pig
    ^ You did order from the USA dealer, right? and not the UK dealer?

mtbr member
    I'm still waiting on my 456 evo frame to be delivered to me here in the US of A, apparently TNT international shipping sucks! If my frame would have been shipped fedex or UPS it would have been here already....
    Buy a f-ing bike maybe you wouldn't be fat

Blue Pig
    Quote Originally Posted by unknown-rider View Post
    I'm still waiting on my 456 evo frame to be delivered to me here in the US of A, apparently TNT international shipping sucks! If my frame would have been shipped fedex or UPS it would have been here already....
    I love DHL and overseas shipping of bike stuff. They take 2 and 1/2 days to get to me in the U.S. It scares me... really... it does...

mtbr member
    Something ugly happens to the rear rim in the last pic, note the raw nipples too
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 456 evo-dscn0151-detail-small.jpg  

456 evo-dscn0152-detail-small.jpg  

456 evo-dscn0156-detail-small.jpg  

456 evo-dscn0160-small.jpg  

456 evo-dscn0165-detail-small.jpg  

mtbr member
    456 EVO 16" are out of stock..any idea when they will be available again?
    Thanks

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jingleman View Post
    456 EVO 16" are out of stock..any idea when they will be available again?
    Thanks
    May 10th

ps: here's a pic of the complete bike.

» 456 Evo X5 Sektor – £799 all day long (unless they sell out then we’ll put them up a bit) Shed Fire : Designing for On-One, Titus and Planet X from Calderdale.

mtbr member
    Thanks..in the meanwhile you will think about how and when the 29" summer season will come out..I guess I want to build up a 456 ..

mtbr member
    So I got my 456 Evo frame yesterday, yeah! Anywho, I mounted up the 8" rotors I had ordered and realized that on the frame there was a millimeter or less of clearance between the left chainstay and the rotor. so it's probably best to keep to 7" or under on the rear wheel... lol. I'll post pics once I get my chainguide mounted. As she sits she weighs in at ~33.5lbs, might have something to do with the 6.5lb marzocchi fork, 2.5" intense front tire, DH crank and hayes stroker ace DH brakes with 8" rotors ;D
    Buy a f-ing bike maybe you wouldn't be fat

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    Hey guys...I got the new 456 EVO frame...is a face milling of the headset and bottom bracket necessary?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by fantozzi View Post
    Hey guys...I got the new 456 EVO frame...is a face milling of the headset and bottom bracket necessary?
    I've never ever done it on my own bike.

mtbr member
    I'm actually gonna get it done tonight since 0/2 headsets worked well on my new Evo frame, but worked fine on my old 456.

Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast