mtbr member
    Nov 2011

3 Inbred builds in the last couple of months

First one is a white 29er LTD SS with a OnOne carbon fork and Fleegle handlebar. Just added the seat and seat post from OnOne. Haven't tried them yet, the seat is hard as rock.

3 Inbred builds in the last couple of months-ononess.jpg

Took one ride on it, came home and put most of my bikes up for sale and ordered another Inbred.
    Next one was a orange 29er Swapout with Salsa CroMoto Grande fork with Hail Mary handlebar. Got a bashwich coming for it as I drop the chain on rough downhills.

3 Inbred builds in the last couple of months-onone29.jpg

And then since I had an almost new 26er fork sitting around, a black 26er slot with derailleur hanger and Fleegle handlebar.

3 Inbred builds in the last couple of months-onone26.jpg

All of the builds have been mostly budget with spare parts, stuff on sale, and wheels swapped around.

Big difference between the 26er and 29er, still trying to work out stem and handlebar height on the 26er.

3 Inbred builds in the last couple of months-onone.jpg

Big Paws on a Puppy!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Slash5 View Post
    First one is a white 29er LTD SS with a OnOne carbon fork and Fleegle handlebar. Just added the seat and seat post from OnOne. Haven't tried them yet, the seat is hard as rock.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	OnOness.jpg 
Views:	3805 
Size:	219.7 KB 
ID:	699227

Took one ride on it, came home and put most of my bikes up for sale and ordered another Inbred.
    Next one was a orange 29er Swapout with Salsa CroMoto Grande fork with Hail Mary handlebar. Got a bashwich coming for it as I drop the chain on rough downhills.

Name:	OnOne29.jpg 
Views:	4300 
Size:	224.3 KB 
ID:	699228

And then since I had an almost new 26er fork sitting around, a black 26er slot with derailleur hanger and Fleegle handlebar.

Name:	OnOne26.jpg 
Views:	1601 
Size:	222.0 KB 
ID:	699229

All of the builds have been mostly budget with spare parts, stuff on sale, and wheels swapped around.

Big difference between the 26er and 29er, still trying to work out stem and handlebar height on the 26er.

Name:	OnOne.jpg 
Views:	1748 
Size:	244.1 KB 
ID:	699231
    Great looking collection. Very well done.

A little off topic but.....

Where does one get a black Inbred stateside in a size 20"?
    ‎"My bicycle masters boardwalk and quagmire with aplomb." - Tom Nuttall

Combat Wombat
    I have the same orange Inbred and even built it up with the Salsa fork. Need to get a new rear derailleur cable and it will be ready to ride. I see that you routed your rear brake cable on the down tube the same as I have. Probably my only real complaint with the frame so far. What is up with the upper and lower places to connect a brake hose being located on the side of the down tube and then the middle on the bottom? What if I decided to run a front derailleur? Works for the 1X9, but sure looks odd.

mtbr member
    Nov 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Ratman View Post
    Where does one get a black Inbred stateside in a size 20"?
    I'm in Canada so all the frames came from the UK store.

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    What size frame are your 29ers?

mtbr member
    Nov 2011
    The 29ers are all 19.5, the 26er is 20.

mtbr member
    Nov 2010
    I rode my 19.5" rigid SS 29er Inbred all winter. Recently put together an 18" swapout 26er Inbred. All excellent bikes but it was a big change going to smaller frame and especially the lower headtube of the 26er. Got a 20" 26er Inbred frame in hopes of feeling more like the geo of the 29er but have not had time to put the 20" together.

Joe
    Last edited by eugenemtbing; 05-28-2012 at 02:39 PM.

mtbr member
    Nov 2011
    You can see in my picture of the two bikes that even on the 20" 26er, the head tube is at least an inch lower, maybe even closer to to 1 1/2" lower. I'll have to measure it next time I have both bikes out.
    I've got a 17 degree, 90 mm stem I'm going to put on it, see how that works out.

mtbr member

Question about dropouts

How is the slotted dropout for wheel removal on the geared 26er?

NONDURO
    Nice builds!!!
    QUOTE from MTBR.COM: You have given out too much Reputation in the last 24 hours, try again later.

mtbr member
    Sep 2011

On One carbon fork super flexy?

Anyone else feel the 29er carbon fork from On One is really flexy...I get a lot of brake chatter when hard on the brakes, and can see the QR moving back and forth by maybe 1-2cm. It kinda freaks me out and I hate the feel of it. Othe than that the forks feel great, but on descents it spins me out and I have to slow down...am I being a wuss, or is there something wrong here?