Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Self Appointed Judge&Jury

"Your Favorite Car Of Your Birth Year"

The O.C. Age Poll thread revealed some interesting facts about the O.C. which shows a variety of different age groups in the O.C. with the majority being 47 and beyond. It got me thinking how interesting it would be for everyone to pick a favorite car from the year that they were born. It should get interesting of what cars are chosen, I just feel sorry for the people born in the eighties. Please list year make and model, and no cheating by picking a bad ass car from another year. And please pick a car that was available to the public in your year. No race cars, prototypes, concept cars or movie cars. And also please google a photo or video of said car, thanks.

My birth year was 1961' and I choose the 1961' Chevrolet Corvette.
    <iframe width="640" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/ORr5pSTGKco?feature=player_detailpage" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails &quot;Your Favorite Car Of Your Birth Year&quot;-1001phr_25_o-1968_chevy_camaro-1961_corvette.jpg  

Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by DIRTJUNKIE; 10-04-2013 at 02:39 AM.
    Front Range, Colorado.

Interplanetary Poultry
    Who doesn't love a good 78 Countach?
    Editor In Chief, "Internet Tough Guy Magazine"
    "Home of Chuck Norris' Keyboard"

Quote Originally Posted by scatterbrained View Post
    Who doesn't love a good 78 Countach?

Really, great choice but please include photo or video for those unfamilier.
    Front Range, Colorado.

mtbr member
    GTO

Quote Originally Posted by Fishbucket View Post
    GTO
    Lucky bastard! One of my all time favorite cars, check out my old 69' in my avatar.
    Front Range, Colorado.

I'm just messing with you
    First choice is a 1961 Chrysler 300G

Chasing bears through the woods drunk with a dull hatchet is strongly not advised

banned
    Sep 2012
    1981 DeLorean

&quot;Your Favorite Car Of Your Birth Year&quot;-image.jpg

banned
    1962 Corvette for me, not much different than what Dirtjunkie posted.

Runner-up: Jaguar E-type

AZ
    banned
    The Class of '59.

Name:  10 - Ferrari 250 GTO.jpg
Views: 1185
Size:  24.7 KB

AZ
    banned
    2nd place.

&quot;Your Favorite Car Of Your Birth Year&quot;-59-el-camino-rod-bill-dutting.jpg

bust a move
    60 vette
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails &quot;Your Favorite Car Of Your Birth Year&quot;-1960_corvette_black_8.jpg  

Some great choices in here, 59' Ferrari GTO, 59' El Camino another one of my favorites and 60'-62' Vette and the early Jags were awesome. And Minitrails early oval window bug, great choice. What year MiniTrail? looks like a 1960'. I like the earlier ones in the late fifties with the port hole window.

And Bob that Chrysler 300 pretty cool 413 wedge cross ram induction dual quads. I was up in Estes Park Co. about a month ago and saw an identical version of Christine from the movie. Painted axactly like it [completely restored] and the front plate said Christine. For all I know it could have been one of the cars used in the movie. I have photos of it in my cell phone but have no way of downloading them.

Identical to this with a black Christine plate on the front https://www.google.com/search?q=chri...&bih=726&dpr=1
    Front Range, Colorado.

Quote Originally Posted by Dirty $anchez View Post
    2nd place.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	59-el-camino-rod-bill-dutting.jpg 
Views:	1334 
Size:	126.1 KB 
ID:	835221
    Here ya go DS
    <iframe width="640" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/S-kJc3fXDvQ?feature=player_embedded" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
    Front Range, Colorado.

banned
    If I was born in '63 the choice would've been easy -- the split rear window 'vette.

Speaking of classic Jags... my dad had a 1952 XK120. Sold it when he got married and started a family. Replaced with a 3.8L sedan

Quote Originally Posted by random walk View Post
    If I was born in '63 the choice would've been easy -- the split rear window 'vette.

Speaking of classic Jags... my dad had a 1952 XK120. Sold it when he got married and started a family. Replaced with a 3.8L sedan
    Yep 63' split window, 67' big block 427 tri power and on and on and on. Have to stay with your birth year. Bummer!
    Front Range, Colorado.

mtbr member
    The 57 Chevy Bel-air.

&quot;Your Favorite Car Of Your Birth Year&quot;-3738.jpg
    2013 SC Tallboy C
    2011 Niner EMD9

Quote Originally Posted by gdtrfb24 View Post
    The 57 Chevy Bel-air.

Name:	3738.jpg 
Views:	1426 
Size:	113.6 KB 
ID:	835235
    Lucky Bastard!
    Front Range, Colorado.

High Desert MTBer
    Ahhh! The 1956 Vauxhall Velox!

My Dad had one for a bit... This is what they did look like:

&quot;Your Favorite Car Of Your Birth Year&quot;-advertising-page-vauxhall-motorist-magazine-1956-vauxhall-value-1956.jpg

And this is what they could look like:

Name:  lp,375x360,b,s,VmF1eGhhbGwgVmVsb3g=.jpg
Views: 607
Size:  28.2 KB

A few years ago I was doing a show in Christchurch NZ, and my runner took me out to the store in her car... it was one of these! It looked like the second picture... fookin immaculate!
    It's all Here. Now.

occ member
    '74 Toyota FJ40

mtbr member
    Born in '66, how's the Mustang Shelby GT350 fit the bill for ya?!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails &quot;Your Favorite Car Of Your Birth Year&quot;-shelby.jpg  

The White Jeff W
    '67 Shelby Cobra

/thread
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails &quot;Your Favorite Car Of Your Birth Year&quot;-1967_shelby_cobra-pic-3528941083313090031.jpg  

No moss...

Good, green, Oregon.
    1973 Cuda. Enough said......I'm even a Mustang guy, but how you can top the Cuda!?

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/5nNsnd1dhqg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
    - 2014 Giant Trance 27.5 1
    - 2016 Transition Patrol Carbon (Ordered)

I didn't do it
    Quote Originally Posted by DIRTJUNKIE View Post
    Lucky Bastard!
    My grandparents had one of those, totally stock and hardly used. Literally it was the "little old lady who only drove it to church on Sundays" type deal. Unfortunately when she died (grandpa died a few years earlier) it was willed to a good friend of hers who helped her get around in her later years. Whenever we came to visit, my dad and us kids always cruised around town in it. We thought we were so cool!
    Let's eat Ted
    Let's eat, Ted
    Remember, commas save lives

banned
    Sep 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Cornfield View Post
    '74 Toyota FJ40

I love these... I had to get a new car last year due to an accident and I almost pulled the trigger on an old FJ but settled for a new 4Runner due to future family plans.

Quote Originally Posted by Giant Chachi View Post
    1973 Cuda. Enough said......I'm even a Mustang guy, but how you can you beat a Cuda.
    Great choice on a CUDA' for 73'. In the early ninties I owned a 71' CUDA' 340. When I had it very few people knew what or how important of a car it was to the muscle car era. I sold it around 1995' and the market was soft. Low and behold right after I sold it the show Nash Bridges came out. The star of the show was a 1971' HEMI CUDA' convertible. All of a sudden everybody knew what a CUDA' was and how cool they are. The market for them shot through the roof. A HEMI CUDA is upwards of a million bucks now. The 71' 340 like what I had go for $80 K. WTF I was so mad I sold it..
    So after I wrote this I googled Nash Bridges CUDA' check it out. Full story. Nash Bridges' 1970 Plymouth Barracuda on sale | Fox News
    Front Range, Colorado.

Trying to keep up with all these great choices.

Cornfield a 74' Toyota FJ40 always liked those. Especially the popular V8 conversations these days.

Hawg what are you kidding me. A 66' Shelby GT 350 stang. One of the most premo cars ever along with Jeffw 's 67' COBRA Shelby. Some years are better than others and you two scored.
    Front Range, Colorado.

Quote Originally Posted by Giant Chachi View Post
    1973 Cuda. Enough said......I'm even a Mustang guy, but how you can top the Cuda!?

<iframe src="//www.youtube.com/embed/5nNsnd1dhqg" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="315" width="560"></iframe>
    To me, the seating position relative to the door height in the Mopar E-bodies reminds me of sitting in an old claw-foot bathtub. Give me a B-body instead.
    Chasing bears through the woods drunk with a dull hatchet is strongly not advised

Quote Originally Posted by DIRTJUNKIE View Post
    Great choice on a CUDA' for 73'. In the early ninties I owned a 71' CUDA' 340. When I had it very few people knew what or how important of a car it was to the muscle car era. I sold it around 1995' and the market was soft. Low and behold right after I sold it the show Nash Bridges came out. The star of the show was a 1971' HEMI CUDA' convertible. All of a sudden everybody knew what a CUDA' was and how cool they are. The market for them shot through the roof. A HEMI CUDA is upwards of a million bucks now. The 71' 340 like what I had go for $80 K. WTF I was so mad I sold it..
    So after I wrote this I googled Nash Bridges CUDA' check it out. Full story. Nash Bridges' 1970 Plymouth Barracuda on sale | Fox News
    Everyone who lived through the 70s gas crisis has a story like that I think. I had a 70 road runner, paid $400 bucks for it and treated it like a $400 car. It lasted me 2 years until I finally lost it sideways into a guardrail at speed.

To really pull the big bucks, they need to have every number, tag, and paint dab correct. With the way 99% of them were treated, that's why they're so rare and expensive now.

The holy grail of the 'cudas is the Phantasm car. IIRC the original one has ever been found.

A sort-of-buddy of mine has a triple black hemi 'cuda with the shaker, 4-speed, leather interior, and overhead console. I haven't seen him for a while so I'm not sure if that ever got finished or not.

mtbr member
    68 GTO Judge
    Chances are .. You're full of !$@&?

mtbr member

mtbr member
    Feb 2007
    Awesome

Bob my 71' CUDA' 340 auto slap stick I had in the ninties was a numbers matching car. I bought it in 1994' from an old lady that was the original owner. Bought from a local Plymouth dealer in San Diego. Abd I know how rare a triple black 70' or 71' HEMI CUDA is. Super rare color combo especially with HEMI leather shaker and four speed. Believe it or
    not a guy had one like that in San Diego numbers
    matching and restored. My 69' GTO Ram Air IV that I had in the early eighties was a numbers matching car and super rare only 759 Ram Air IV's were produced in 69'.

Oh and Bob the Phantasm car was so bad ass. I used to watch that movie just to see that CUDA'. But I loved the movie another cult classic. The tall guy "you play a good game boy".

Gerth, nice choice a 1969' GTO Judge convertible. Check out my old one in my avatar.

And Hang21 picks one of the rarest of all a 1966'
    Flintstone Rock Hound, great choice for that year.
    Last edited by DIRTJUNKIE; 09-29-2013 at 11:59 AM.
    Front Range, Colorado.

Quote Originally Posted by nwbikur View Post
    My grandparents had one of those, totally stock and hardly used. Literally it was the "little old lady who only drove it to church on Sundays" type deal. Unfortunately when she died (grandpa died a few years earlier) it was willed to a good friend of hers who helped her get around in her later years. Whenever we came
    to visit, my dad and us kids always cruised around
    town in it. We thought we were so cool!
    My parents were high school sweethearts in their eighties now except my mom passed away a year ago. But in high school my dad had a 55' Buickand my mom had a 55' Chevy red and white just like in the photo above. Granted the one above is a 57' the 55' was just as hot but without the large rear fins. So because my mom had the hotter car that's the one they drove everywhere.My family was recently going through some old photos. And we came across one of my dad looking like Fonzi posing in front of a my mom's brand new red and white 55' Chevy. I have some fond memories of my mother talking and joking about that car and her heavy right foot. And how she was the hot momma in high school because of it. She used to say all the boys wanted to date herbecause of that car. She had fire red hair and a fire red and white 55' Chevy. Ha,ha she had a sense of humor.

Heres the photo of my dad at age 24 standing in front of my mom's new 55' Chevy back in the day, he's 82 now.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails &quot;Your Favorite Car Of Your Birth Year&quot;-scan0033.jpg  

Last edited by DIRTJUNKIE; 09-30-2013 at 12:41 PM.
    Front Range, Colorado.

banned
    Sep 2007
    Was never a fan of American V-8's, even though the first car I remember my mom and dad having was a '56 Bel Aire, with a straight 6, and Dad's next car was a 63 Impala with a 327.

But I was born a couple of years later. Always been a fan of Porsche's, never owned one, been a People's Car guy and owned more than my fair share of VW's, but the Porsche, even if a bit over priced, has been the apple of my eye.

1958 Speedster 356A, built to order for the USA market by the customer. Not cheap, even in 1958 dollars, at $2995, and an entry level Porsche, built spartan, to a price point. I've pretty much always been about efficiency and economy, still, to this day, the product of an austere upbringing by parents growing up in the Depression. Pretty much always have bought entry level, stripper VW's new, since freshly minted out of a University. Less things on them to break and go wrong.

1958 Porsche 356A 1600 Speedster | Arizona 2012 | RM AUCTIONS

mtbr member
    Aug 2005
    1970 240Z. I owned a '72 for a while, I still miss that car.

&quot;Your Favorite Car Of Your Birth Year&quot;-japanesefairladyz1970.jpg

Super Clyde
    I'm partial to the German Ladies. 1976 Porsche 930 for me please. The American muscle car offering for my time period aren't the greatest.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails &quot;Your Favorite Car Of Your Birth Year&quot;-image.jpg  

EDR

Re: "Your Favorite Car Of Your Birth Year"

69 Camaro

I Ride Bikes
    1984 Toyota Pickup Truck

Solid Front Axle
    4.10 gears
    Rock Crawling Beast

They sure don't make trucks like this nowadays. I miss the old style and off-road capabilities of these trucks.

&quot;Your Favorite Car Of Your Birth Year&quot;-1984_toyota_pickup-pic-18150.jpg

I know it's supposed to be "favorite car", but nothing in my opinion comes close to this truck in 1984. Plus I'm not a hot rod/car guy. I like dem trucks.
    I like to hug trees at FULL SPEED!
    INSTAGRAM -> hawaii808MTB
    FACEBOOK -> Big Island Mountain Biking

mtbr member

1965 Land Rover

Never been into muscle cars, but off road vehicles that's another story.&quot;Your Favorite Car Of Your Birth Year&quot;-land-rover.jpg
    When you've seen someone rupture their scrotum on a bike you won't take the standards for top tube clearance lightly!

A waste of time it is is
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffw-13 View Post
    '67 Shelby Cobra

/thread
    You are a lucky man Jeff, I have to claim the AC289 as mine simply because they stopped producing the "Cobra" the year before I was born.

You guys are posting up vehicles that were made the year that you were born right. Your favorite car or truck from that year. Not favorite of all time. Birth year!
    Front Range, Colorado.

I Ride Bikes
    Yes Sir! Mr. DJ SIR!

So far I'm the only 80's born kid in this thread. But from the O.C. Age Poll, I am a rare breed around here.

Retro on Steroids
    In the year that I was born, car companies were making tanks and planes.

banned
    Sep 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Mazukea View Post
    Yes Sir! Mr. DJ SIR!

So far I'm the only 80's born kid in this thread. But from the O.C. Age Poll, I am a rare breed around here.
    See post #7... I was born in '81.

I Ride Bikes
    ^ oops. My bad. Shows you how much I really pay attention. Lol

Quote Originally Posted by nwbikur View Post
    My grandparents had one of those, totally stock and hardly used. Literally it was the "little old lady who only drove it to church on Sundays" type deal. Unfortunately when she died (grandpa died a few years earlier) it was willed to a good friend of hers who helped her get around in her later years. Whenever we came
    to visit, my dad and us kids always cruised around
    town in it. We thought we were so cool!
    My parents were high school sweethearts in their eighties now except my mom passed away a year ago. But in high school my dad had a 55' Buick and my mom had a 55' Chevy red and white just like in the photo above. Granted the one above is a 57' the 55' was just as hot but without the large rear fins. So because my mom had the hotter car that's the one they drove everywhere. My family was recently going through some old photos. And we came across one of my dad looking like Fonzi posing in front of a my mom's brand new red and white 55' Chevy. I have some fond memories of my mother talking and joking about that car and her heavy right foot. And how she was the hot momma in high school because of it. She used to say all the boys wanted to date her because of that car. She had fire red hair and a fire red and white 55' Chevy. Ha,ha she had a sense of humor.

Heres the photo of my dad at age 24 standing in front of my mom's new 55' Chevy back in the day, he's 82 now.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails &quot;Your Favorite Car Of Your Birth Year&quot;-scan0033.jpg  

Front Range, Colorado.

mtbr member
    My first car was a 53 Chevy Bel Air. My oldest brother gave it to me, I was too young to drive it and it never made it on the road. I use to sit in there and dream about driving it. I wanted to paint it two tone red and silver. But it was not to be, someone offered me cash for it and off to the demolish-in derby she went. Not mine but a duplicate.

&quot;Your Favorite Car Of Your Birth Year&quot;-1953-chevrolet-bel-air-4-door-sedan-back.jpg
    When you've seen someone rupture their scrotum on a bike you won't take the standards for top tube clearance lightly!

I ride bikes
    For the most part 87 was a terrible time for cars. But I have always had a soft spot for a 328gts.
    &quot;Your Favorite Car Of Your Birth Year&quot;-87-ferrari-328-gts-blk-003.jpg
    '14 Marin Attack Trail C-XT9
    '08 Monocog 29 SS-Stolen
    '13 Marin MV XM7-Stolen

Quote Originally Posted by Undies View Post
    1970 240Z. I owned a '72 for a while, I still miss that car.

Name:	JapaneseFairladyZ1970.jpg 
Views:	451 
Size:	49.4 KB 
ID:	835677
    Good choice, I also had a 72' 240 Z back in the late eighties. It wasn't stock either. I built the motor up, and it was putting out 290 H.P. balanced & blue printed .030 over dual down draft webbers Insky cam and ported and polished head 3 into 1 and 3 into 1 Hooker Header with dual cherry bombs and stacked exauast out the stock cut out in the back. White with black trim and same with the interior. Centerline wheels with 50's all around. And to top it off a fiberglass Porsch Whaletail out back. I had 3K in the motor alone. Got the car all done and ended up moving from Colorado to San Diego. I had it for about six months out there and got a new job at Home Depot. It was my first day and I was in orientation. I came out for lunch only to find my cherry Z my prize possession gone, It was stolen in broad daylight. I had never heard of anyone in Colorado having this happen. But I soon found out how common it happened in California. Anyway I had no insurance on it so I was devastated. I kept calling the police department every day to find out if it had been found. Every day for two weeks they told me no. Then one day they said yes it's at this tow yard. So I go down there only to find out it had been found 4 days after it was stolen. And it had accumulated $600 in storage fees. It was found dropped to the ground with $1500 of rims and tires gone. A $1000 stereo, speakers, a $200 radar detecter, a $150 car bra, all my personal items including a $400 gold chain and $100 sun glasses. They also wrecked the front end slightly, plus the brake rotors up front were damaged due to them dropping it on the ground. To my amazement my 3K motor was in tact. They weren't smart enough to pull it. Or even pull off the $1000 carburators. I was so bummed out because I didn't have inssurance. And also I had been having problems getting the car smogged prior to this, Due to all the smog equpment was missing and the motor built up for racing. Strict California smog laws prevted this. So I decided to sell it instead of dealing with the smog issues. I ended up pulling the motor and selling the car and motor seperately. Some guy bought the motor and he put it in a dune buggy. I lost a lot of money on that whole project. The motor ended up going for $650 and the car for $3000. My plan was to keep the motor and build another one some day. But I ended up basically giving the motor away for $650 because I had nowhere to store it anymore.
    Front Range, Colorado.

meow meow
    91 audi 100 quatro.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast