~ B A D A S S ~

you gotta be ****ing kidding me

so I just found out which youtube channel is the most popular one (whatever the **** that now means in youtubese). Its called smosh, search for it on youtube. or, don't, I suggest don't.

Now this is all new to me since I don't really give F, but still.

so I had a look at a few of his vids, hey I even saw them through. This is crap. Its not entertaining, not getting me smarter, not interesting, and definitely not funny, its some kind of white noise with a human; in video form. Its the online version of static. I wish I could charge someone for those minutes. I mean, really?

Either I have gotten seriously ****ing sofisticated lately or the rest of the world is seriously fundamentally deeply ****ing retarded, and I seriously ****ing doubt it its the first one if you know what I mean. yeah. Thats it.

discuss!

yeah yeah I know where the ****ing vrc forum is, no need to point it out.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.

Quote Originally Posted by iheartbicycles View Post
    Specialized sucks ass.

mtbr member
    Ever the curious one, I have been watching a ton of these this week:

Vsauce - YouTube

Very interesting, and you will learn something! It is entertaining, with an occasional chuckle. I feel like I should send him a dollar or something, because colleges charge a TON for this info

AZ
    banned
    Quote Originally Posted by car bone View Post
    so I just found out which youtube channel is the most popular one (whatever the **** that now means in youtubese).

You are surprised by this in a wasteland where a television show like "Honey Boo Boo" exists? Our country is doomed.

King of Middle Earth
    May Day!!! May Day!! We are spiraling out of control. Losing altitude fast. Complete hydraulic failure, we have no control here....
    fee-fy-fo-fum...

mtbr member
    Ugh,I don't get it! I already feel dumber just for watching it.

~ B A D A S S ~
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirty $anchez View Post
    You are surprised by this in a wasteland where a television show like "Honey Boo Boo" exists? Our country is doomed.

Not only that. I have now seen the no 2 and 3 too. whateverthe****williams or someting and jenna marbles, while that jenna girl is bangable (with her makeup on) its still ****, this is retarded ****ing **** straight through to be honest. I have never ever seen anything more bland than this crap combined. Am I missing somehing here or what? Well even looking at the top 20 I wonder were the hell we're going here, and what the point is? Is there a point.

Sometimes when I see crap like this I wonder if I'm that guy in that movie where he lives in a studio and its all faked, his entire life is fake, scripted and coreographed, oh yeah truman show?? And they just want to test what my limits are kinda.

Since watching those vids I'm now pondering if glocks infact are better than a 1911 if you just want to blow your brain out?
    Or are sigs better? Jack bauer has an HK, maybe thats the best? Jack kills alot of people with his HK, gotta be good for something right.

Just a small reflection here from the car bone perspective - beer is not an effective way of killing yourself, I'd say its almost impossible, almost. but hey who knows, I might get lucky.

Is this how the whole society now works? (yay a serious question)

Well the first and only thing that comes to mind is this old quote - To be well adjusted to a profoundly retarded society is no measure of health. And aint that the truth.

Yeah its warsteiner time..

I haven't had a tv for the last 10 years, but it turned to **** way before then.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.

Specialized sucks ass.

duh
    what you didn't find this a little funny

Quote Originally Posted by Tone's View Post
    the big aussie rep bomb is comin your way

Front Range, Colorado
    We as a society have fallen off a cliff. All we can do is hope we didn't pick too long of a rope.. Miscalculation Ends In Tragedy…
    Last edited by DIRTJUNKIE; 04-24-2013 at 05:08 PM.
    --------- __o
    ------- _`\<,_
    ------ (*)/ (*)
    ************^^^^^^^^^Rock Garden

b a n n e d
    Alcohol may lead nowhere, but it sure is the scenic route!

mtbr member
    Dec 2012
    I start out watching _____videos and after ____later I end up watching _______videos.

I start out watching How To Adjust Your Front Derailleur - YouTube and after an hour later I end up watching Hot Girl Fail Compilation - YouTube

human dehumidifier
    ^ same here, I try to avoid them because of that.

I watched that google glass video yesterday and thought it was funny but didn't post it because the OP seemed so serious about his hate for the channel.
    I Just Wasn't Made For These Times

mtbr member
    Ever read any Paolo Bacigalupi? The story Pump Six ( also the title of his short story collection) Is a thinking mans Idiotcracy. It is not in the least humorous tho.
    He writes a lot of stuff about where we may end up and it all seems more plausible
    as the days go by.
    UGG boots will germinate Paris Hilton like intellect in your soles!

~ B A D A S S ~
    Quote Originally Posted by deke505 View Post
    what you didn't find this a little funny

Not really, at least not as much as how stupid i find it to be. For me this is like watching one of those hidden camera shows from 1990 kinda, and those were not funny, but a lot less retarded to be honest.

Although my 2 braincells have now made contact with each other and now I understand that these videos are these peoples jobs, they make money doing this crap, this is what they do, their only jobs.

However if that was me I would seriously contemplate that glock/hk exit strategy... potato, potąto.. I just don't get it, posting some unfunny borderline nutcase **** on the tube over and over again, passing it off as funny, well then maybe its time for another job.

And even though its a joke, when you post smilar **** like 700 times, is it still a joke or are you just posting vids of yourself being normal. You gotta ask yourself that after a while right? Or maybe not, I don't know. I don't like these channels, and I don't actually watch them, I actually think they suck.
    and what sucks even more, yes its possible, is that korean dude psy, hahahahahahahaah wtf the dude made one song and he is now the king of the entire site, how the **** is that even possible. (And the song sucked balls btw)

Its time for another warsteiner @ room temp. Life is good.

Specialized sucks ass.

~ B A D A S S ~
    Quote Originally Posted by wv_bob View Post
    ^ same here, I try to avoid them because of that.

I watched that google glass video yesterday and thought it was funny but didn't post it because the OP seemed so serious about his hate for the channel.
    I don't hate it, I just think its **** and I have problems understanding why that particular channel (or the other 2 for that matter) is the most popular one on the entire site. And I question the mental state (or possibly age/iq/level of education/social status/whatever else there is) of the people that brought it to no1, thats all.

And if most of the population got a lot dumber since like, hmm last year or so.

Specialized sucks ass.

mtbr member
    Sep 2010
    There is some good stuff on YouTube - Like how to change the fuel line on your Stihl MS 250 chainsaw BUT increasingly these videos or so long winded it isn't funny.

"Now I'm going to take the fuel line out of the package. Is a pretty heave plastic bag with a well thought out sticker showing the part number, manufacturing date, etc....... 5 mins later -> Next I'm going to set the new fuel line on the work bench......"

Get on with it, all I need is to see how to get the rubber bushing out of the cover without breaking it.

mtbr member
    Dec 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by car bone View Post
    I don't hate it, I just think its **** and I have problems understanding why that particular channel (or the other 2 for that matter) is the most popular one on the entire site. And I question the mental state (or possibly age/iq/level of education/social status/whatever else there is) of the people that brought it to no1, thats all.

And if most of the population got a lot dumber since like, hmm last year or so.
    I kinda question the mental status of the one who brought attention to that channel here. Because prior to this thread, I haven't come across any videos from that channel ever.

you gotta be ****ing kidding me

Quote Originally Posted by dead_dog_canyon View Post
    There is some good stuff on YouTube - Like how to change the fuel line on your Stihl MS 250 chainsaw BUT increasingly these videos or so long winded it isn't funny.

"Now I'm going to take the fuel line out of the package. Is a pretty heave plastic bag with a well thought out sticker showing the part number, manufacturing date, etc....... 5 mins later -> Next I'm going to set the new fuel line on the work bench......"

Get on with it, all I need is to see how to get the rubber bushing out of the cover without breaking it.
    i have seen the same thing on some of the how-to vids. I think there are a couple reasons for it.

1. People aren't editing, or their editing is crap. Cell phones that will instantly upload vids are making people lazy about doing quality production work. Good edit software costs money and few people who make vids are buying it.

2. For a how-to vid, you really should script your narration before you start filming. Make sure you only say what you need. Too many people do it on the fly and they talk too much. Hell, I talk too much. When I give a presentation, I rehearse it many times and still wind up talking too much. Scripting a presentation and having a teleprompter would help me a lot. You can do that low-tech on the tube.

Vimeo has some really cool quality content. It might help restore some of your faith in humanity

~Disc~Golf~
    best vid ever

Honestly, you just take a deep breath and say Fuck it.