Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Yo.

Meatbomb

Yo Mama

About the pit bull thread.. Not that is really matters but you swoop in, change the title, post your opinion and then lock it down... Makes it look like kind of a god complex.
    Last edited by Phillbo; 04-13-2015 at 11:22 AM.

mischeivous mongrel
    He's taking us over here in eMpTyBeeR land! Even the long term Mods and Admin are intimidated by him.
    Now taking orders for new born baby Gorns.

mtbr member
    this might help explain Phillbo
    All About Bikes, Vol. 8 - Page 162- Mtbr.com
    Round and round we go

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawg View Post
    He's taking us over here in eMpTyBeeR land! Even the long term Mods and Admin are intimidated by him.
    Maybe he has that locking jaw thing
    Round and round we go

mischeivous mongrel
    Quote Originally Posted by theMeat View Post
    Maybe he has that locking jaw thing
    Undoubtedly!

Perpetual n00b
    Quote Originally Posted by Phillbo View Post
    About the pit bull thread.. Not that is really matters but you swoop in, change the title, post your opinion and then lock it down... Makes it look like kind of a god complex.
    Holy crap I was thinking the exact same thing earlier! Makes it sound like he's the authority on pit bull behavior and psychology.
    The leg bone's connected to the Cash Bone!

locked - time out
    Oct 2000
    Quote Originally Posted by dgw2jr View Post
    Holy crap I was thinking the exact same thing earlier! Makes it sound like he's the authority on pit bull behavior and psychology.
    That thread never should have been closed. At least not while it was just getting warmed up.

Perpetual n00b
    Quote Originally Posted by DIRTJUNKIE View Post
    That thread never should have been closed. At least not while it was just getting warmed up.
    Agreed. I reckon if the community wants to argue about dogs of all things then so be it.

This site gets less entertaining by the day. Bandwidth and storage must be getting pretty costly or something.

At least the Odd GIFs thread is still going strong.

I didn't do it
    Changing the thread title is BS. Klurejr is out of control. Dude, if the thread needs to be locked down so be it. Otherwise leave it alone.
    Let's eat Ted
    Let's eat, Ted
    Remember, commas save lives

Perpetual n00b
    Quote Originally Posted by Mookie View Post
    Changing the thread title is BS. Klurejr is out of control. Dude, if the thread needs to be locked down so be it. Otherwise leave it alone.
    So begins the great MTBR revoluciõn dé 2015!

I didn't do it
    Quote Originally Posted by dgw2jr View Post
    So begins the great MTBR revoluciõn dé 2015!
    Or at least a recall.
    Let's eat Ted
    Let's eat, Ted
    Remember, commas save lives

locked - time out
    Oct 2000
    Quote Originally Posted by Mookie View Post
    Or at least a recall.
    Mook while I've got your attention.

For your eyes only.
    Post #4021 and 4024

All About Bikes, Vol. 8

A waste of time it is is
    Does seem like poor form "I didn't know the thread was locked when I posted", yeah and I didn't know posting pics was against the rules but I still got a two week holiday. Hint, you now know the thread was locked when you posted, go back and remove your post. Not hard really.

This place looses more and more appeal every day.

mtbr member
    Yup it is bs, at least that he puts up a link asking if we could guess which is the "pit" with no way to respond. when we already established that pit is a term, a type of dog and not a breed. So by that measure they all could be considered so. Nonetheless knew what he meant, found it on the first guess. It wasn't easy at first but if you look for the Staffy lineage it's clear.

Pick the Pit - Can you find the Pitbull?

Oh, and pitbull breeds are part of what's considered "bully" breeds, though not inclusive
    What is a Bully Breed? | Bully Breeds | Animal Planet
    Round and round we go

fresh fish in stock...... SuperModerator
    1. I closed the thread

2. Klurejr was composing his response when I closed the thread. When he hit submit it added a post because he's a Supermod ( he was not aware I shut it down)

3. Call out threads will get you sent to the corner

Phillbo may be out for bit
    Click Here for Forum Rules

gobsmacked Moderator
    Apr 2008
    My fault guys! I was the one thinking it was getting out of hand. I don't want everybody blaming the wrong guys. I just saw some beat downs and the thread not going anywhere so I asked chum to bin it.

I apologize to the guys that didn't troll and bash anybody and to Chum for taking the heat for me.

mtbr member
    Dec 2009
    Girlonbike, you troublemaker ; )

mtbr member
    Feb 2015
    Actually, Klurejr private messaged me and asked if he could change the title of the thread so it looked less "trollish". I told him I didn't care. That is why it was changed. I figured he would be reopening it since he changed the title, because otherwise I didn't really see the point. Said he would need to discuss with other mods though. I would have liked it to continue after he made his post, because of the information he posted. As stated above we had no way to respond.

EMBA Member
    I'm not for a quick trigger finger closing threads, but the original post looked like a troll, and after post 7, there was no doubt. If flamebaiting is something to be avoided, then let's avoid it.

mischeivous mongrel
    Quote Originally Posted by girlonbike View Post
    My fault guys! I was the one thinking it was getting out of hand. I don't want everybody blaming the wrong guys. I just saw some beat downs and the thread not going anywhere so I asked chum to bin it.

I apologize to the guys that didn't troll and bash anybody and to Chum for taking the heat for me.
    AH-HAAAA!!!

CHUM, please sent GOB "to the corner" for a spell.

mtbr member
    Feb 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by Ladmo View Post
    I'm not for a quick trigger finger closing threads, but the original post looked like a troll, and after post 7, there was no doubt. If flamebaiting is something to be avoided, then let's avoid it.
    Wow...I have mentioned that I didn't intend to troll. My choice of title was bad. I get that. How am I trolling asking peoples opinions on a topic? I clearly stated I wanted to know thoughts about the breed etc. in the original post. I don't really understand how the original post came across as trolling? I even pointed out the fact that I thought I would receive some more educated responses on this forum than the other. If you could see some of the cruel disgusting comments in the other forum you would understand why I said this. People telling me to shoot my dog etc. Then I continue to get called a troll, with people saying things like "its common sense how pit bulls act". Which it is really not, because most people are uneducated about the bully breed in general as Klurejr pointed out in his post, and I tried to point out numerous times while just continuing to be called a troll or ignored. I truly appreciated everyone's responses to the thread, but just because I don't agree with you doesn't mean I'm a troll.

High in the Woods
    Porkpistol, for the record, I think you were one of the only people in that thread NOT trolling.
    Rocktoberfest 2014 edit here
    Rocktoberfest 2014 clips here

mtbr member
    Feb 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by net wurker View Post
    Porkpistol, for the record, I think you were one of the only people in that thread NOT trolling.
    I appreciate that. Thank you.

Ride More, Whine Less
    Porkpistol, I know I was the first to question a troll intention and I feel you have a trolling style to your posts. It is a combination of colorful choice of words and the length of your posts. That's more my problem than your problem. However, if you've have trouble on other forums, it might be worth reflection. Regardless, I agree with with net that you were trolled more and you handled it well.

I really did enjoy the dog talk and pictures. Maybe it would be worth a mod petition to clean the thread and let it live on.

****** to the dirt
    Quote Originally Posted by net wurker View Post
    Come net stop trying to cause trouble, that is DJ job
    Quote Originally Posted by Optimus View Post
    There's some strange folk out there 'bouts. They have no sense of humor.
    http://thewoodgallery.blogspot.ca/

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast