Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast
    pin it
    Quote Originally Posted by brad72 View Post
    The strange thing about south Africa is that there are no jury's in their courts since the apartheid, just a Judge and his 2 expert aids if he needs them. This explains why there is such heavy media presence perverting the course of justice with all their theories and no one cares. The judge mustn't watch tv or read the papers
    I heard a clip of the judge's bail ruling on the radio yesterday.

The Judge milked his 15 minutes....err....105 minutes of fame.
    F*ck Cancer

Eat your veggies

mtbr member

wtf Oscar Pistorius

Quote Originally Posted by girlonbike View Post
    I have a bad bad feeling about this case. I don't think these bozos are going to manage to get a conviction.
    I have a high school girlfriend that married a South African Boer and moved down there. She has shed a little perspective on the situation for me.

There actually is a very real possibility that he will be acquitted completely.
    South Africa is not the US. Violent crime rates are very high. SA has higher gun ownership rates than almost any other country in the world. The citizens have to to protect themselves. Most retail clerks carry and have stories about shooting would be robbers. Imagine gun fights in Macy's. It happens there.
    Home break-ins are common place. While it seems ludicrous to us that Pistorious thought somebody was breaking in, his home had been broken into several times before.
    There is some sympathy for Pistorious amongst South Afrikaners.
    Step out of your own safe little cocoon and look at what life is like in other places before you pass judgement here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Its all Shits and Giggles until somebody Giggles and Shits

gobsmacked Moderator
    Apr 2008
    Yeah, none of that surprises me. I just don't buy his story that it was an accident.

No Stranger to danger....
    Yeah, none of that surprises me. I just don't buy his story that it was an accident.
    im with you gob, and why would she get up to go to the bathroom in the middle of the night and LOCK THE DOOR, thats a very strange thing to do if you were only in the house with your partner and especially if he had no legs and was asleep.

IMO they had a fight, she locked herself in the bathroom as chicks do, and he lost his temper and fired shots through the door...
    Dont ever let the truth get in the way of a funny story....

pin it
    Quote Originally Posted by Tone's View Post
    im with you gob, and why would she get up to go to the bathroom in the middle of the night and LOCK THE DOOR, thats a very strange thing to do if you were only in the house with your partner and especially if he had no legs and was asleep.

IMO they had a fight, she locked herself in the bathroom as chicks do, and he lost his temper and fired shots through the door...
    Roses are red
    Violets are periwinkle
    Don't use Oscar's washroom
    To have a tinkle
    F*ck Cancer

Eat your veggies

pin it
    Quote Originally Posted by Brewtality View Post
    I have a high school girlfriend that married a South African Boer and moved down there. She has shed a little perspective on the situation for me.

South Africa is not the US. Violent crime rates are very high. SA has higher gun ownership rates than almost any other country in the world. The citizens have to to protect themselves. Most retail clerks carry and have stories about shooting would be robbers. Imagine gun fights in Macy's. It happens there.
    Home break-ins are common place. While it seems ludicrous to us that Pistorious thought somebody was breaking in, his home had been broken into several times before.
    Step out of your own safe little cocoon and look at what life is like in other places before you pass judgement here.

Several of my colleagues are from SA as well. They have good reason's why they immigrated to Canada

The fact remains though, he killed her, whether it was accidental or on purpose.
    F*ck Cancer

Eat your veggies

mtbr member

wtf Oscar Pistorius

Quote Originally Posted by cyclelicious View Post
    The fact remains though, he killed her, whether it was accidental or on purpose.
    I don't think anybody is arguing that he killed her. He did it. No doubt about that.

However, the prosecutors decided to try him for Premeditated Murder. They have to prove he planned it out.
    The defense has to prove that he thought somebody was breaking into his home and that shooting the GF was an accident. Accidents are not murder. They are manslaughter at worst. He is not charged with manslaughter. The prosecutors kinda went all or nothing.

In a society where crime is rampant and home invasions are common, his story is very plausible, however distasteful the facts may be. I think he has a good chance to be acquitted.

help with the zip please
    Quote Originally Posted by Brewtality View Post

I live in the heart of the South African belt of Sydney's north, we have saffa's in our riding group, the lady 2 doors up the road spent 12 hrs tied to her bed as her house was completely emptied of everything, including the linen. She was in a gated community in a secure "compound" house with walls topped with razor wire and from memory 14 cameras. Only people home at the time were her and her three year old daughter. One of my good mates at uni, that's over 20 years ago, was from Joburg, they have all moved here for one reason and it ain't our beautiful weather. I have no doubt it is a dangerous place to live. I have no doubt he feared for his life from home invasions BUT I have every doubt about the affidavit that he tendered in court. It just makes no sense at all.

I can get the locking the bathroom door, it kind of makes sense with the mobile phone in the toilet with her at 3am, you know checking for messages or sending them to / from people you shouldn't be contacting at that time of night. Pure speculation mind you but I wouldn't be surprised if that comes out.

I can't get thinking there is someone in your bathroom so you grab your gun, walk past your sleeping girlfriend without waking her and telling her to call the cops / compound security etc etc, not realising the bed was actually empty, and firing 4 shots through the toilet door before you have had any response from it or from your sleeping girlfriend that would have no doubt been woken by your screams. I also don't get if you are that scared to have done all of this, why would you go to sleep with your doors wide open?

Sorry Brewtality, it just doesn't add up.

To further the drame, have you heard that his brother is facing manslaughter charges for a driving accident back in 2009? Hollywood couldn't have written a better script.

pin it
    Quote Originally Posted by emu26 View Post
    Hollywood couldn't have written a better script.
    Who should play the parts?

I think Jim Carey could play the lead investigator , he was great as Ace Ventura

Maybe Morgan Freeman could play the judge... he has experience in God roles
    F*ck Cancer

Eat your veggies

mtbr member

wtf Oscar Pistorius

Sorry Brewtality, it just doesn't add up.
    Hey, I'm not saying he's innocent. I'm just saying that he is likely to find a sympathetic ear in SA and people down there might actually believe his story.
    There is a realistic possibility that he will get off.

gobsmacked Moderator
    Apr 2008
    what the heck. Now his brother is being charged for murder?

Note to self: don't live in SA.

help with the zip please

Note to self. don't play Who done it with that family

~ B A D A S S ~
    I live in the heart of the South African belt of Sydney's north, we have saffa's in our riding group, the lady 2 doors up the road spent 12 hrs tied to her bed as her house was completely emptied of everything, including the linen. She was in a gated community in a secure "compound" house with walls topped with razor wire and from memory 14 cameras. Only people home at the time were her and her three year old daughter. One of my good mates at uni, that's over 20 years ago, was from Joburg, they have all moved here for one reason and it ain't our beautiful weather. I have no doubt it is a dangerous place to live. I have no doubt he feared for his life from home invasions BUT I have every doubt about the affidavit that he tendered in court. It just makes no sense at all.

I can get the locking the bathroom door, it kind of makes sense with the mobile phone in the toilet with her at 3am, you know checking for messages or sending them to / from people you shouldn't be contacting at that time of night. Pure speculation mind you but I wouldn't be surprised if that comes out.
    I know this is true. I spoke to a dude that came by my job and he used to live there for 5 years. He told me everyone has guns, and a life is worth like nothing. He told me when they do routine traffic stops to check for licence and drunkness/speeding etc, then its best not to do any sudden movements, since the sniper 200m ahead of you will simply just blow your head off with a 308 if he thinks you are going for a gun.

Never going there, thats for sure.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.

Quote Originally Posted by iheartbicycles View Post
    Specialized sucks ass.

sock puppet
    Note to self. don't play Who done it with that family
    that's a very loose justice system down there... i'll be following this story with interest....
    Signature

~ B A D A S S ~

Where did you get this info?

It seems like murder is like shoplifting there so maybe its not that severe?
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.

Specialized sucks ass.

Quote Originally Posted by car bone View Post
    Where did you get this info?

It seems like murder is like shoplifting there so maybe its not that severe?
    Oscar Pistorius' brother facing culpable homicide charge - Washington Times

~ B A D A S S ~
    Anyway an on topic question, I think I read somewhere that the girls head was battered with a baseball bat or cricket bat or something, is this true?

Did the damage occur after she died (try to explain that one) or before, or while she died? (If it happend at all that is)

Anyone know? Its pretty obvious what happened if she have this damage to her head I mean.

Specialized sucks ass.

help with the zip please
    Anyway an on topic question, I think I read somewhere that the girls head was battered with a baseball bat or cricket bat or something, is this true?

Did the damage occur after she died (try to explain that one) or before, or while she died? (If it happend at all that is)

Anyone know? Its pretty obvious what happened if she have this damage to her head I mean.
    That was one of the earlier reports along with the "yes police have been called to the property on domestic violence issues previously" It's my understanding that the autopsy showed no signs of a struggle and the fractured skull was caused by the gunshot to the head, that previously passed through the locked door and her hand. The previous domestic violence issues were from a past relationship.

High Desert MTBer
    It is a beautiful country, it's such a shame that there is so much brutality there. Years and years of apartheid and repression just cannot be undone overnight, or even in a couple of generations it seems. It is a very dangerous place, and life is indeed cheap there. I went to bars and clubs there and they will usually have a gun room where everyone hands over their guns before going in. The manager of a club showed me the room one night, and there were hundreds of sidearms there. Crazy. We were given very strict instructions where to go and where not to go, even in the daytime, Jo'burg being the worst place. Cape Town was pretty OK the last time I was there, but now it seems that even there is getting a lot worse. No easy answers there, and I would not be surprised if Oscar was to walk... Wait, maybe I would be...
    It's all Here. Now.

~ B A D A S S ~
    Quote Originally Posted by rockerc View Post
    and I would not be surprised if Oscar was to walk....
    then its fukd there!! I mean thet must have A LOT of violence there if thats a plausible and legitimate explanation of what happened there, in this very situation.. I'm not sayting its not so but yeah then thats a fukd country in my book at least..

I'm never worried someone might break in here so I have to shoot them in the head through a door if you know what I mean. And the door could be unlocked for a month or 2, no one is gonna be walking in here.

That was one of the earlier reports along with the "yes police have been called to the property on domestic violence issues previously" It's my understanding that the autopsy showed no signs of a struggle and the fractured skull was caused by the gunshot to the head, that previously passed through the locked door and her hand. The previous domestic violence issues were from a past relationship.
    Didn't they find a bat with blood on it there? Is it a good thing or a bad thing the domestic violence was from another relationship really? It could go 2 ways there right. Why i'm asking is this will probably be up to the people and the info in the papers will probably settle this. It seems like a fukd country so everybody is probably already bought or has an agenda of some sort. Many wil probably want to make as much money as possible on this situation.

Specialized sucks ass.

duh
    every none is being charged with murder in this case, from Pistorius, his brother right to the lead detective. Why not arrest the whole country and be done with it.
    the big aussie rep bomb is comin your way

help with the zip please

Didn't they find a bat with blood on it there? Is it a good thing or a bad thing the domestic violence was from another relationship really? It could go 2 ways there right. Why i'm asking is this will probably be up to the people and the info in the papers will probably settle this. It seems like a fukd country so everybody is probably already bought or has an agenda of some sort. Many wil probably want to make as much money as possible on this situation.
    I did see a report where the blood on the cricket bat was explained by Oscar as being "from another murder. That was when I killed the hooker. I had forgotten it was even in the house" There is a link to that in an early post in this thread. I think that is just BS now but did for a few minutes believe it was true.

No jury, only a judge so it's not up to the people.

duh
    I did see a report where the blood on the cricket bat was explained by Oscar as being "from another murder. That was when I killed the hooker. I had forgotten it was even in the house" There is a link to that in an early post in this thread. I think that is just BS now but did for a few minutes believe it was true.

Give it time the judge might be charged for murder too.
    the big aussie rep bomb is comin your way

~ B A D A S S ~

That article was from the onion. Its a satire paper.

Specialized sucks ass.

~ B A D A S S ~
    Quote Originally Posted by deke505 View Post
    Give it time the judge might be charged for murder too.
    I at least wouldn't be surprised.

Specialized sucks ass.

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast