Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    official eMpTyBRain

The world is coming to an end...

Scenario: The Earth's mega-volcanoes are going to start erupting all at once. This will start huge earthquakes worldwide which will tear the crust of our planet. The tearing will distort the shape of our planet, intensifying the gravitational pull on the Moon. The Moon will crash into the Earth. The Moon's rapid exit from space will pull in a few sizable passing asteroids which will crash into Earth not long afterward. You're not gonna make it...

This will happen 2 weeks from the time you read this news. What will you do with the short time you have left to live?
    ...and proud member of the anti-sock puppet desolation

bust a move
    Ride, screw and drink beer!
    Falling down is part of LIFE…Getting back up is LIVING…

gobsmacked Moderator
    Apr 2008
    Hmmm..eat a lot of pizza and use my tardis.

edit: I would go camping.
    Last edited by girlonbike; 03-27-2013 at 06:15 PM.

check your six
    I am going to grab my bike, mount it to my fishing kayak, grab some poles and tackle, a case of backpacking food (mountain house), a couple cases of beer and hit the river. Where I'll end up, who knows. But by the time I get far enough there should be some serious waves to ride from the massive earthquake and I'll be having fun till the end. .
    "We can always find excuses if we want to find them, but if we really want to do something, we have to just go."

gobsmacked Moderator
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by sodak View Post
    I am going to grab my bike, mount it to my fishing kayak,
    Do you have a set up like that? I've gone fishing and brought a bike along but it was a rowboat so we just threw it in there. That would be awesome to see a bike mounted to a kayak.

human dehumidifier
    I would put my head down and work as hard and long as possible to finish all my projects because I want my boss to know how much I respect him and love giving my life to the corporation

What I would really do is exactly the opposite of that.
    But if you close your eyes it becomes so easy to see

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by ambassadorhawg View Post
    Scenario: The Earth's mega-volcanoes are going to start erupting all at once. This will start huge earthquakes worldwide which will tear the crust of our planet. The tearing will distort the shape of our planet, intensifying the gravitational pull on the Moon. The Moon will crash into the Earth. The Moon's rapid exit from space will pull in a few sizable passing asteroids which will crash into Earth not long afterward. You're not gonna make it...

This will happen 2 weeks from the time you read this news. What will you do with the short time you have left to live?
    Quit watching late-night apocalypse related "documentaries" on cable.
    Noogie...Noogie...Noogie.

check your six
    Not yet Girlonbike... not yet. I just got a new 12 foot sit on top fishing yak with tons of room. It can be done now just by removing the wheels and strapping it all on the rear using the deck rigging. I will have to get it done and post some pics. But, I am sure there is a good way to do it, just need to research it a bit.
    "We can always find excuses if we want to find them, but if we really want to do something, we have to just go."

Front Range, Colorado
    Set up a hammock, grab a keg of my favorite brew and kick back. In full view of all the other people running around like chickens with their heads cut off. And enjoy the ride. By the time it all hit I'd be 3 sheets t the wind and wouldn't feel a thing.
    ----------- __o
    --------- _`\<,_
    BRAAP(>)/ (*)
    ************^^^^^^Rock Garden
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qqpcBpSsj1A

official eMpTyBRain
    Quote Originally Posted by DIRTJUNKIE View Post
    Set up a hammock, grab a keg of my favorite brew and kick back. In full view of all the other people running around like chickens with their heads cut off. And enjoy the ride. By the time it all hit I'd be 3 sheets t the wind and wouldn't feel a thing.
    After 2 straight weeks of sucking on a keg, you might just die of kidney or liver failure before the trouble ever started. Haliluya!!!

mtbr member
    this guy I used to work with asked "what would you do if you were on an airplane that was 100% going to crash with no survivors?" His answer was that he would kill the person next to him so he could experience that.... guy was kinda f'ed up.

Me, I'd play that 'Don't worry, be happy" song (for a little while) and marvel at the beauty of the world. And probably have a few beers. And bbq a lot. And watch out for that guy I used to work with...

mtbr member
    Jun 2011
    [QUOTE=brianb;10272173]this guy I used to work with asked "what would you do if you were on an airplane that was 100% going to crash with no survivors?" His answer was that he would kill the person next to him so he could experience that.... guy was kinda f'ed up.

WOW! Just wow!
    Seeking MB-2 Fork (19.3), Ritchey FD post silver 26.8

Gnarly
    I would ask singlesprocket to draw up plans for a space ship. Preferably something that can carry a few thousand people. Then I'd help him build the space ship. Then we would fly around the earth collecting samples of flora and fauna. Then we would pick up a few friends and family and then offer the remaining spaces to great thinkers, artists, scientists, trades people, clinicians etc etc.

I would grab a towel and all our bikes

Then we'd fly to Mars.
    F*ck Cancer

Eat your veggies

fashion ho
    I'd go to Moab and try rope swinging on one of those arches, on my bike.

mtbr member

The world is coming to an end...

Two words for you -

Hookers & Blow

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Its all Shits and Giggles until somebody Giggles and Shits

gobsmacked Moderator
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by cyclelicious View Post
    I would ask singlesprocket to draw up plans for a space ship. Preferably something that can carry a few thousand people. Then I'd help him build the space ship. Then we would fly around the earth collecting samples of flora and fauna. Then we would pick up a few friends and family and then offer the remaining spaces to great thinkers, artists, scientists, trades people, clinicians etc etc.

I would grab a towel and all our bikes

Then we'd fly to Mars.
    Mars does look like great riding.

Ohh Gnarly!!
    DIRTJUNKIE's got a keg! I know where I'm goin'

official eMpTyBRain
    I can't believe somebody hasn't said that they would make sure that the OC camping trip we've talked about would come true before the end.

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    One word: bogart
    Noogie...Noogie...Noogie.

Prime
    Make sure that the OC camping trip we've talked about would come true before the end.

edit: stealthed by AHawg, shyt.

mtbr member
    Me and my kids would eat all the Little Debbie Cakes we could get our hands on. Then I would cry myself to sleep because my new Airborne Goblin comes in 3 weeks.

mtbr member
    **** man, I'd go on ****in *****, ***** ****in rampage. Then when the **** done with that, ****, I don't know. Oh yeah, I remember, **** **** *****, ****. Then to top it all off I'd ***** ***** **** and **** one last time for the road! That's what I'd do. ****in ****!
    '96 San Andreas
    '12 SC Nickel LT
    Incoming: 2008 Lotus Exige S 240
    '12 Toy FJ TT
    '05 Cooper S
    '95 Honda HB Si
    '71 Dino 246 GT

Only 5 lives left
    I'd be at home surfing MTBR until the bitter end.

Flaccid Member
    Sep 2007
    That would suck.... I'd have to move up my plans to ride with girlonbike, freighty, and B28. And have to rip Optimus away from his boss and work for a day to ride PicketPost too. Not a meager bucket list for 2 weeks left. I'd also have to tell my pets I love them too, daily, and frequently.
    "i'll brazilian when YOU do boy, right around the ol' rusty star. Actually, whole fruit bowl. Get on it!" NicoleB

gobsmacked Moderator
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by RandyBoy View Post
    That would suck.... I'd have to move up my plans to ride with girlonbike, freighty, and B28.
    Sounds good to me. We'll have to meet at centrally located Lincoln, Nebraska though.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast