Ride More, Whine Less

Wordle--the solution for trolling!

By now, we have seen the work of John and his dislike for cyclists.

Quote Originally Posted by PhaseSpace168 View Post
    Hey cyclists,
    My name is John, and I hate every single one of you. All of you are thick legged, retarded, no-lifes who spend every second of their day pedaling stupid @ss bikes. You are everything bad in the world. Honestly, have any of you ever gotten any *****? I mean, I guess itís fun making fun of people because of your own insecurities, but you all take to a whole new level. This is even worse than skateboarding down a public staircase.
    Donít be a stranger. Just hit me with your best shot. Iím pretty much perfect. I was captain of the football team, and starter on my basketball team. What sports do you play, other than ďpedal my stupid bike aroundĒ? I also get straight Aís, and have a banging hot girlfriend (She just blew me; **** was SO cash). You should just kill yourselves. Thanks for listening.
    These words can come across as cold and uninspired at times. Fortunately, Wordle (Wordle - Beautiful Word Clouds) allows one to visualize what is being said. I ran the John's post through the Wordle engine and out popped this figure. As you can appreciate from the figure, it is a very disarming way of visualizing what is being said without having to wade through the long post.

Next time you see a dissertation of a post, run it through and see what comes out. Main points are theoretically captured by the size of the fonts. Posts without a clear pattern of bolded words may be missing a point.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Wordle--the solution for trolling!-wordle.png  

Sup
    most of my post look like that already

Sj
    I am slow therefore I am

rod skinner
    Oct 2005
    ^^ No kidding, so do mine

humber river advocate
    heh, like this app...
    Support TORBA
    Sunnyside Bike Park Working Group
    Albion Hills Conservation Area Master Plan Public Advisory Committee

official eMpTyBRain
    I think ALL written or typed communication should be displayed like this.
    ...and proud member of the anti-sock puppet desolation

Ride More, Whine Less
    I was curious about what other text would look like, so I took this MTBR review of a fox pump and ran it through Wordle. This came out (after a few pushes of the 'randomizer' button change the layout). Pretty cool.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Wordle--the solution for trolling!-screen-shot-2012-12-12-6.34.36-pm.png  

official eMpTyBRain
    ^ reads much better now than the original post.

re member
    Yeah, it's certainly easier to look at now.
    Rocktoberfest 2014 edit here
    Rocktoberfest 2014 clips here

Ride More, Whine Less
    I'm might have to read up more on wordle'ng. The layout really does seem to affect the mood of the text. Somehow I'm finding this too interesting. Perhaps it is a sign that things are slow these days.

official eMpTyBRain
    All kidding aside, I believe that text arranged this way could develop our brains over time to new levels never before seen.

My other ride is your mom
    Sweet....can't wait to try it on some of my blog posts....

Ride More, Whine Less
    Quote Originally Posted by ambassadorhawg View Post
    All kidding aside, I believe that text arranged this way could develop our brains over time to new levels never before seen.

I could see this as a teaching tool. I remember constantly being told to develop key points. Presumably, this software would help someone test the presence of a key point due to the weighting of the words. Quickly scanning things seems to suggest you need longer text to be more effective (to avoid uniform word use).

Then as you say, it likely helps with reading comprehension where you can focus on key terms and them supplement them with the less frequently used terms/concepts.

Ride More, Whine Less
    Quote Originally Posted by Maadjurguer View Post
    Sweet....can't wait to try it on some of my blog posts....
    Done
    Out There: Why?
    turned into this
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Wordle--the solution for trolling!-screen-shot-2012-12-12-7.04.43-pm.png  

re member
    Ever see one of those posts that looks like a box of alpha-bits threw up on the keyboard?

And I don't mean a spam-bot. I mean from an apparently real person, but it's so damn hard to read because it's one long sentence paragraph of gibberish and misspelled words?

official eMpTyBRain
    ^ you're making me hungry!

re member
    Yeah? Well, these pretzels are making me thirsty.

These pretzels are making ME thirsty.

Gnarly
    Quote Originally Posted by heyyall View Post
    By now, we have seen the work of John and his dislike for cyclists.

These words can come across as cold and uninspired at times. Fortunately, Wordle (Wordle - Beautiful Word Clouds) allows one to visualize what is being said. I ran the John's post through the Wordle engine and out popped this figure. As you can appreciate from the figure, it is a very disarming way of visualizing what is being said without having to wade through the long post.

Next time you see a dissertation of a post, run it through and see what comes out. Main points are theoretically captured by the size of the fonts. Posts without a clear pattern of bolded words may be missing a point.
    The shape of My name is John Wordle kind of looks like an unwaxed eye brow. Maybe there is meaning behind the post... or maybe not... nevermind
    F*ck Cancer

Eat your veggies