Page 32 of 32 FirstFirst ... 222829303132
Results 1,551 to 1,560 of 1560
    Self Appointed Judge&Jury
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark_BC View Post
    I lived in an apartment in Long Beach and sometimes drove down there to ride. Either there or Palos Verdes.

Edit: I looked on Google Earth and there are a lot more than one house overlooking it now!
    There one house way out on the on the furthest point of the cliff that almost hangs on the edge of the 200' cliff above the water. The others that may have built there since play second fiddle to that places location.
    Front Range, Colorado.

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    My first box turtle of the season from earlier today

My first black snake of the season from a week or 2 ago

Some deer that decided not only was i told slow and out of breath to bother running away from (3 surgeries 40lbs and not riding for over a year will take it out of you on a climb...even a small one). They started out as close as the tree next to the trail but apparently i took to long fumbling with my phone so they wondered down the trail.

And a flock of turkey that between my noisy bike my sasquatch like self and my dog had no interest in hanging out for pictures. 6 or 7 of them...hard to count them suckers are fast
    Last edited by cerpindicular; 04-23-2016 at 06:56 PM.
    If you have sex in a car with airbags....does that count as safe sex???

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by DIRTJUNKIE View Post
    YNo claw marks eliminate bear prints or canine.
    Non retractable claws are so undignified.

mtbr member
    Mar 2012

No claws on this scaly fellow!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Came around a fast blind corner and had to lock 'em up before I hit this prehistoric beasty today.

Wildlife you have seen on trail...post your pics...-islandlakesnapper5-30-16.jpg

Easily the biggest snapper I've seen. It's hard to gauge the size from the photo except that the trail is about 24" wide at that point. I'd guesstimate that his shell was about 12" wide and about 14-15" long and he was not pleased to be disturbed on his stroll. There was thick brush on both sides and he didn't seem inclined to move, so I squeezed past him with the bike between him and me. He turned towards me looking very pissed off as I went past. I'm sure he was just being defensive, but I've seen enough snappers around our area to know not to mess with them. They have long necks and can strike amazingly quickly if they want to. I learned that after trying to move one off the road with a shovel one day.
    We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.

mtbr member
    This gal jumped out in front of me on Growler at Von Trapps in Stowe Vt this past Saturday
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Wildlife you have seen on trail...post your pics...-image.jpg  

There are two paths you can go by but in the long run........

mtbr member
    Saw this box turtle hanging out on a ridgeline with a 100 foot drop on one side of him. Hope he was going the other way!

It's a rooty, rocky climb for us to get up to that ledge, and I find it amazing that he got up there. It's not easy for a bike!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Wildlife you have seen on trail...post your pics...-img_3573.jpg  

Magically Delicious

Pronghorn Antelope and a Little One...

Wildlife you have seen on trail...post your pics...-img_1834-i.jpg

Wildlife you have seen on trail...post your pics...-img_1836-i.jpg
    A bad day of cycling is better than a good day at work

Work Truck - Dassault Falcon 7X

mtbr member
    This is cheating a bit as it's the backyard rather than on the trail. This is what you get when you sit opening a plastic bag of small bolts on your back steps: the local magpies think it's feeding time. They were very insistent and didn't want to leave.

Tim
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Wildlife you have seen on trail...post your pics...-maggies-fat-bike.jpg  

Self Appointed Judge&Jury
    Quote Originally Posted by Wombat View Post
    This is cheating a bit as it's the backyard rather than on the trail. This is what you get when you sit opening a plastic bag of small bolts on your back steps: the local magpies think it's feeding time. They were very insistent and didn't want to leave.

Tim
    Great shot, I've got Magpies in my area as well. Smart and conniving they are.

C2L, great baby Pronghorn sighting.
    Front Range, Colorado.

Page 32 of 32 FirstFirst ... 222829303132