Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    All fat, all the time.

Why are chicks crazy?

Sheesh.
    I just don't get it.

My better half has been stressed at work lately. & seems to be taking it out on me. Every time I go for a bike ride she's pissed at me by the time I get home. Now, biking is my one & only hobby. That's it...I ride my bike in the woods. No bars, clubs, strip joints, pool halls, staying out all night with shady people etc. I just ride my stinkin' bike in the woods.

I try to find out what is wrong & she says i should pay more attention & I'd know what the problem is.... huh?....wtf I'm a guy...you need to tell me what is wrong...I'm probably not going to figure it out.

In the past year we've done a couple nice trips, Italy & Mexico, plus we've gone to a couple concerts she really wanted to see. But apparently I'm still doing something wrong so who the f* knows!?....

We've been married for over 5 years, together for 10, and this is the first time things are like this. I just don't get it.

I need my bike to show up (on the road, working in Boise for a week) so i can freakin ride.

mtbr member
    Nov 2008
    Girls have a heart and guys are heartless. That's the difference between us that we are challenged to overcome. Some may call it "emotion".

mtbr member
    the answer is under your name..... take a look.
    Hey Miraculous... Go Raiders ! .
    -Dad

All fat, all the time.
    Stop whining? OK...thanks appreciate the input.

mtbr member

Why are chicks crazy?

I was married for 17 years before I moved for divorce. It took a lot to make a terrible marriage last that long. Tried counciling etc to no avail but in the end I left. She was resistant to any change. But I did learn a lot of things . One being that as a relationship progresses it is important to make time for each other. Maybe a date night once a week where it's just you two. Rekindle some romance etc. just a suggestion.
    Chances are .. You're full of !$@&?

mtbr member

Why are chicks crazy?

Maybe you should be talking with your wife, not bad mouthing her on an Internet forum
    Its all ****s and Giggles until somebody Giggles and ****s

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Shark View Post
    Stop whining? OK...thanks appreciate the input.
    hey , no problem.

Oh, check out your sig line too... You brought your own best answers..

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    This may not be about you, but about her inability to find a solution to the stress she is getting from work.
    You notice it and you are her best friend and partner.
    It might be time to drop some of your hobby time and pitch in toward looking for an answer for her.
    Help her out.
    Go back when things improve.

AZ
    banned
    Dude, when the woman suffers, everyone suffers.

Self Appointed Judge&Jury
    Relationships are all about give and take. Also one of the main reasons most relationships fail is because one partner trys to change the other. Sometimes one has to take a step back and see what the real problem is. Is she stressed from work... yes. But also maybe you are being selfish with your free time. How about splitting up your free time and adding in more time to spend with her. Men and woman both have completely different needs it's up to each to learn the other and be willibg to give and take on each end.
    ---------- __o
    --------- _`\<,_
    BRAAP(>)/ (*)
    ************^^^^¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qqpcBpSsj1A

check your six
    My friend,

Women are mysterious creatures. I have not figured them out yet in my 34 years, and I was married for 7 years. They seem to need emotional attention, patience and compassion, that's my downfall. 'Ain't nobody got time for that'.
    "We can always find excuses if we want to find them, but if we really want to do something, we have to just go."

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by DIRTJUNKIE View Post
    Relationships are all about give and take..
    Who are YOU ! ? Dr. Ruth?

9 lives
    A happy wife is a happy life
    F*ck Cancer

Eat your veggies

All fat, all the time.
    Yah, no kidding!
    I don't want anyone thinking I'm badmouthing my wife on the internet, I'm not. The name of my thread I figured would help get some readers in the door lol.

But I just want my happy wife back.

I do think it's mainly her stress at work, and I've been working lots too.

We are possibly moving west at the end of the year. (IN to ID) She says she is fine with it, but she has family here (all my family is in Canada) and I'm wondering if that is another reason.

mtbr member

Why are chicks crazy?

Quote Originally Posted by cyclelicious View Post
    A happy wife is a happy life
    " if Momma ain't happy Nobodies happy!"

Quote Originally Posted by Fishbucket View Post
    Who are YOU ! ? Dr. Ruth?
    Is she even still with us. Maybe I'll take over her spot.
    ---------- __o
    --------- _`\<,_
    BRAAP(>)/ (*)

live long and huck
    Yeah, but how's your bike running? That's what's important. You can get another wife, no problem. But a bike that feels as if it's a natural extension of your inner being, now that is irreplaceable.

mtbr member
    Nov 2008
    Wow, these Ambien sleep aids are strong. I feel all drunk and dizzy.

banned
    Sep 2012
    I went to Nordstrom with my wife after work today which turned into an hour of combing through dress racks there and 2 more stores. On the way home she suggested we stop at a little LBS I have been wanting to check out and I needed a few little things so we did. See, give and you shall receive. Now pass me the Ambien.

Bro
    Content from my avatar
    Females speak a different language than we do. The only hope is to not lose too much in translation.
    Sometimes, I question the value of my content.

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    You should check the cliches thread. There's at least 15 answers to your wife problems in there. Possibly more. Choose the one you can best live with.

mtbr member

Why are chicks crazy?

Title of this thread reminds of a verse from a country song.
    Beer is good
    God is great
    And b!tches are crazy!!

Or something like that.
    Its all ****s and Giggles until somebody Giggles and ****s

banned
    Jun 2007

Re: Why are chicks crazy?

...because they hold firm to the belief that they can make men change.

This starts out small, usually with the toilet seat, and then migrates to more substantial areas, clothes, actions, friends, and finally passions.

Women are trained manipulators.
    Men are physically flawed by having only enough blood to supply one head.
    We do not get subtle innuendo, and women rarely can rarely be direct to say what they really want - because they know fully that they're being irrational.

(Took 12 years of marriage to learn this.)

My ($0.02 / Dr. Ruth) view she does NOT want to move away from her family. Try talking about ID, do not mention anything about biking, and note the reaction. Then on another day tell her about that new bike you want to buy, and gage which discussion causes the greater tsunami.

Decide to you, which is more important, and then - pass the Ambien.

(tapa)

R.I.P. DogFriend
    A man is walking on the beach near LA and he finds a brass lamp buried in the sand. And of course, hub rubs the lamp, and naturally, a genie appears from out of the lamp.

As we all know, the genie grants the man three wishes. As many would do, the man uses the first two wishes to ensure he has eternal health and wealth. This leaves the third wish available for something a bit more whimsical . . . . He says that his wife is afraid of flying and boats, but really wants to be able to visit Hawaii, so he would like a bridge built from LA to Hawaii so he can drive his wife there.

The genie explains that this would require a tremendous amount of resources (concrete, asphalt and steel) to build such a bridge and it would be a blight on the natural beauty of the ocean, and requests that he choose something different. The man ponders the genie's request, and says "OK, I'll forego the bridge to Hawaii if you can just tell me, what do women want?"

The genie says, "Would you like that bridge to have two lanes, or four?"
    =====

We're generally wired a little different. Something I was told by a woman that teaches 'life skills' to inmates, is that many times, women need to talk to you to process their feelings, and that even though our (men) first instinct is to try to fix it, they really just need for us to listen to them.

I, OTOH, usually process things in silence, while riding my bike, and don't speak about something until after I have flushed it out as thoroughly as possible. I know, that when I get home from work, I need to listen to my wife talk about her day. I always thought she was asking for me to fix things. When I asked her about this whole 'listening' and not necessarily 'fixing it' thing, she confirmed that this was true. I asked my grown daughter, and got a similar response.

So, I really don't have to jump up and 'fix it'? Nope, most of the time, I just need to listen. Instead of just assuming, If in doubt, I just ask, "Are you wanting me to try to fix this, or do you merely need for me to listen, and allow you to process?"

Disclaimer: I am not a therapist, nor do I play one on TV. But. . . . I did sleep at a Holiday Inn Express last night!

mtbr member
    Mostly, she 'NEEDS" to "FEEL" that you listen and care.
    During these times, trying to have a rational discussion about whatever issues emerge should wait. Answers and solutions aren't the point.
    I'm afraid of heights so a 26'r fits me to a T.

mtbr member
    BTW--you'd best stow that 'chicks are crazy' thing.

Also--she just may have a rational reason for being pissed and you just have a blind spot. We all have blind spots. This is real important like.
    :-)

Rogue Exterminator
    Grew up with 3 sisters, been in several relationships, been in love more than once, been engaged, etc etc.

Through that all, I have learned one thing about women which is that I will never figure them out. Nobody can, not even women can figure women out. They are total mind ninjas.
    Just stick it in granny and start grinding.

Carbon & Ti rule
    Quote Originally Posted by Optimus View Post
    Yeah, but how's your bike running? That's what's important. You can get another wife, no problem. But a bike that feels as if it's a natural extension of your inner being, now that is irreplaceable.
    I wish I could rep you again
    Raising money, my friend broke his neck Mtbing, Please Share link. http://givealittle.co.nz/cause/elliottkeys/donations

mtbr member
    Popular sort of myth--but I disagree.
    Think chemicals running through your body that affect how you feel regardless of actual outside events.
    Clue.

Quote Originally Posted by kjlued View Post
    Grew up with 3 sisters, been in several relationships, been in love more than once, been engaged, etc etc.

Through that all, I have learned one thing about women which is that I will never figure them out. Nobody can, not even women can figure women out. They are total mind ninjas.

I'm just messing with you
    30+ years of marriage has taught me one thing - when the bombs are flying, keep your head down. Don't make it worse by responding because whatever you say or do, it won't be the right thing.
    Chasing bears through the woods drunk with a dull hatchet is strongly not advised

Carbon & Ti rule
    Woman without a hobby can be a pain ( A bit like us guys ) They need something to look forward to, They get grumpy & need more of your time.

If you are the only thing she has to look forward to, She will get grumpy when you go out.

You have to keep biking or you will get grumpy to & then you will have bigger problems.

My wife works from home in a Hi stress job & had no hobby's & things were getting tuff, Off her own back she decided that she wanted to do a very small Triathlon 300meter swim 10km bike & 2.5 km run & that was a big thing for her.

I told here that I would train along side her if she wanted to do anymore, 6 weeks later she had done 5 of them that length.

13 months after the 1st Triathlon she was on the start line of a full Ironman ( & she finished ) it was a stunning change in her.

The bottom line is they want to be happy, You need to work out how to get her there.

But you cant afford to be the only good thing in her life, She need work to be the only crappy thing in her life & if she is happier then that won't seem so bad either & if it is, Then that needs to change.

Life is short, Play hard you only get 1 shot.

having fun as a couple is more fun than doing it alone.

Look at life through her eyes & you will under stand a lot more.
    Raising money, my friend broke his neck Mtbing, Please Share link. http://givealittle.co.nz/cause/elliottkeys/donations

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    Uncertainty is stressful. And more stressful because she isn't the one in control of the decision. You 'may' be moving from IN to ID at he end of the year.
    That will disrupt her relationships with the people she sees every day. She doesn't know how to manage what she tells them until things gel.
    You're a team. Discuss all the factors involved in the move. What you and she can and cannot do and when it can be done. Get it down to as few unknowns as possible.
    Prep will reduce uncertainty and lessen her stress about the changes. A lot of things have to be figured out. Two people coming up with ideas will get better new ideas from both of you. Sharing.

High Desert MTBer
    Women are not cliches... relationships are not cliches... everyone is a little different, but fundamentally the same. I subscribe to the 'listen and try to hear', and 'do not rise to the bait' school of thought when it comes to women. We all have needs and wants, and honest, open communication is the only way to try to figure out what these are. As has been said, the knee-jerk reaction is to try to fix whatever is wrong, but all too often this desire is based on selfish reasons: primarily to give ourselves an easier life, and not necessarily for the altruistic reasons we often kid ourselves we have. The quick fix is usually counter-productive.
    Try to do the 3 things I have mentioned: be open, be honest, try to communicate... if those don't work, move to the nearest Holiday Inn Express...
    It's all Here. Now.

Redcoat
    Women are like carnival rides,
    F¥{king mental

El Gato Malo
    Quote Originally Posted by Settertude View Post
    Also--she just may have a rational reason for being pissed and you just have a blind spot.
    A rational reason...... thought this thread was about women?

mtbr member
    Its pretty simple.. Your wife is stressed and your going riding..She comes home stressed and instead of staying with her and comforting her you leave. Now while your gone she gets more and more agitated because why do you care more about your bike then her??? Now if your like me you probably wish she would just tell you what is wrong but good luck with that. I would suggest that for a couple days you don't ride but you stay with her. Just sit on the couch with her and listen. When she knows that you care more about her then the bike she will most likely tell you what is wrong. After that if things are back to normal maybe the next day say Honey would you mind if I go for a ride or do you need me? Now I'm not saying this is easy I mess this up more then I ever do it right. Good luck.

mtbr member

Why are chicks crazy?

Guide to Understanding Women has just been released in paperback.

inexperienced at large
    Apr 2011

Consider a women's studies/gender studies class?

El Gato Malo
    Quote Originally Posted by RossJamis View Post
    I would suggest that for a couple days you don't ride but you stay with her. Just sit on the couch with her and listen.

mtbr member

Why are chicks crazy?

Quote Originally Posted by ehigh View Post
    Consider a women's studies/gender studies class?
    Is that like studying their gender? As in my gender Tab A goes in their gender Slot B?? I mean can't I just watch porn for that? Lol ( being an idiot)

mtbr member
    Aug 2013

The answer is simple...

Spice it up in the sex room!

(more sexie time less yapping time)

Works every time

I'm just messing with you
    Quote Originally Posted by wazatataza View Post
    The answer is simple...

Spice it up in the sex room!

(more sexie time less yapping time)

Works every time
    FWIW I believe in every marriage there comes a time when your wife will want you to go away so you'll leave her the hell alone. If you can make it that far, it's not a bad life.

Also, the more you try to figure out what's wrong, the more pissed she'll get. She needs to dig the bug out of her ass for herself. You will only push it in deeper if you don't let it be.

Another approach would be to try figuring out what she would enjoy doing to relieve her stress, and make it possible for her to do it. People need to something to get "out of their head" like we do while riding, so they can realize there's a lot more to be happy about than there is to be pissed over.
    Chasing bears through the woods drunk with a dull hatchet is strongly not advised

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirty $anchez View Post
    Dude, when the woman suffers, everyone suffers.
    OMG. So true!!! That is worth a signature quote

**** this ****
    The good advice is kinda weirding me out here-in a good way.

“Here's all you have to know about men and women: women are crazy, men are stupid. And the main reason women are crazy is that men are stupid.”
    ― George Carlin, When Will Jesus Bring The Pork Chops?

I'd add the theory that men are stupid (or at least ignorant,) because women are crazy. How many times have you seen the situation--storming mom screaming "WHO MADE THIS MESS!!!" and every guy in the house looks around vacantly as if he has no idea? Yeah...

Shark I got the perfect solution to the madness. Just quit biking cold turkey. And every spare minute you have spend it with your wife. After enough of this you will have drove her crazy. She will be begging you to go on a bike ride just for her own sanity.
    Last edited by DIRTJUNKIE; 09-05-2013 at 01:35 PM.
    ---------- __o
    --------- _`\<,_
    BRAAP(>)/ (*)

mtbr member
    Women can be who or what they want to be. They have the power.

Like my 'ol man told me.... "son, that patch of hair between a woman's legs has more pull than a pack of mules."

As I say this today, on my 15th anniversary...Deal with it. Plus, its football season now and you have something to do now you are "acting concerned" and staying home for her showing your love.

banned
    Sep 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Settertude View Post
    BTW--you'd best stow that 'chicks are crazy' thing.

Also--she just may have a rational reason for being pissed and you just have a blind spot. We all have blind spots. This is real important like.
    :-)
    Of course she has a rational reason... I can't think of a single boss I've had in life, that at one point in time or another was irrational and pissed me off too. Be the duck, and let the water run off your back.

banned
    Sep 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffj View Post
    A man is walking on the beach near LA and he finds a brass lamp buried in the sand. And of course, hub rubs the lamp, and naturally, a genie appears from out of the lamp.

As we all know, the genie grants the man three wishes. As many would do, the man uses the first two wishes to ensure he has eternal health and wealth. This leaves the third wish available for something a bit more whimsical . . . . He says that his wife is afraid of flying and boats, but really wants to be able to visit Hawaii, so he would like a bridge built from LA to Hawaii so he can drive his wife there.

The genie explains that this would require a tremendous amount of resources (concrete, asphalt and steel) to build such a bridge and it would be a blight on the natural beauty of the ocean, and requests that he choose something different. The man ponders the genie's request, and says "OK, I'll forego the bridge to Hawaii if you can just tell me, what do women want?"

The genie says, "Would you like that bridge to have two lanes, or four?"
    =====

We're generally wired a little different. Something I was told by a woman that teaches 'life skills' to inmates, is that many times, women need to talk to you to process their feelings, and that even though our (men) first instinct is to try to fix it, they really just need for us to listen to them.

I, OTOH, usually process things in silence, while riding my bike, and don't speak about something until after I have flushed it out as thoroughly as possible. I know, that when I get home from work, I need to listen to my wife talk about her day. I always thought she was asking for me to fix things. When I asked her about this whole 'listening' and not necessarily 'fixing it' thing, she confirmed that this was true. I asked my grown daughter, and got a similar response.

So, I really don't have to jump up and 'fix it'? Nope, most of the time, I just need to listen. Instead of just assuming, If in doubt, I just ask, "Are you wanting me to try to fix this, or do you merely need for me to listen, and allow you to process?"

Disclaimer: I am not a therapist, nor do I play one on TV. But. . . . I did sleep at a Holiday Inn Express last night!

This stems from women giving men "honey do" lists all the time. Next time, I'll just look at that "list" and say "well, I just figured you wanted someone to listen to you, while YOU process it."

heaven help me
    Oct 2005
    Only women bleed.............Alice Cooper.

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    Women hope men will change.
    When women are good,men hope women will never change.
    ...mathematical.
    roccowt.
    rocnbikemeld

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast