Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    addicted to chunk

Why are chicks crazy?

Sheesh.
    I just don't get it.

My better half has been stressed at work lately. & seems to be taking it out on me. Every time I go for a bike ride she's pissed at me by the time I get home. Now, biking is my one & only hobby. That's it...I ride my bike in the woods. No bars, clubs, strip joints, pool halls, staying out all night with shady people etc. I just ride my stinkin' bike in the woods.

I try to find out what is wrong & she says i should pay more attention & I'd know what the problem is.... huh?....wtf I'm a guy...you need to tell me what is wrong...I'm probably not going to figure it out.

In the past year we've done a couple nice trips, Italy & Mexico, plus we've gone to a couple concerts she really wanted to see. But apparently I'm still doing something wrong so who the f* knows!?....

We've been married for over 5 years, together for 10, and this is the first time things are like this. I just don't get it.

I need my bike to show up (on the road, working in Boise for a week) so i can freakin ride.
    Riding.....

official eMpTyBRain
    Girls have a heart and guys are heartless. That's the difference between us that we are challenged to overcome. Some may call it "emotion".
    ...and proud member of the anti-sock puppet desolation

mtbr member
    the answer is under your name..... take a look.
    Hey Miraculous... Go Raiders ! .
    -Dad

addicted to chunk
    Stop whining? OK...thanks appreciate the input.
    Riding.....

mtbr member

Why are chicks crazy?

I was married for 17 years before I moved for divorce. It took a lot to make a terrible marriage last that long. Tried counciling etc to no avail but in the end I left. She was resistant to any change. But I did learn a lot of things . One being that as a relationship progresses it is important to make time for each other. Maybe a date night once a week where it's just you two. Rekindle some romance etc. just a suggestion.
    Chances are .. You're full of !$@&?

mtbr member

Why are chicks crazy?

Maybe you should be talking with your wife, not bad mouthing her on an Internet forum
    Its all Shits and Giggles until somebody Giggles and Shits

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Shark View Post
    Stop whining? OK...thanks appreciate the input.
    hey , no problem.

Oh, check out your sig line too... You brought your own best answers..

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    This may not be about you, but about her inability to find a solution to the stress she is getting from work.
    You notice it and you are her best friend and partner.
    It might be time to drop some of your hobby time and pitch in toward looking for an answer for her.
    Help her out.
    Go back when things improve.

AZ
    banned
    Dude, when the woman suffers, everyone suffers.

Front Range, Colorado
    Relationships are all about give and take. Also one of the main reasons most relationships fail is because one partner trys to change the other. Sometimes one has to take a step back and see what the real problem is. Is she stressed from work... yes. But also maybe you are being selfish with your free time. How about splitting up your free time and adding in more time to spend with her. Men and woman both have completely different needs it's up to each to learn the other and be willibg to give and take on each end.
    ----------- __o
    --------- _`\<,_
    BRAAP(>)/ (*)
    ************^^^^^^Rock Garden
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qqpcBpSsj1A

sympathy for society
    My friend,

Women are mysterious creatures. I have not figured them out yet in my 34 years, and I was married for 7 years. They seem to need emotional attention, patience and compassion, that's my downfall. 'Ain't nobody got time for that'.
    "We can always find excuses if we want to find them, but if we really want to do something, we have to just go."

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by DIRTJUNKIE View Post
    Relationships are all about give and take..
    Who are YOU ! ? Dr. Ruth?

pin it
    A happy wife is a happy life
    F*ck Cancer

Eat your veggies

addicted to chunk
    Yah, no kidding!
    I don't want anyone thinking I'm badmouthing my wife on the internet, I'm not. The name of my thread I figured would help get some readers in the door lol.

But I just want my happy wife back.

I do think it's mainly her stress at work, and I've been working lots too.

We are possibly moving west at the end of the year. (IN to ID) She says she is fine with it, but she has family here (all my family is in Canada) and I'm wondering if that is another reason.
    Riding.....

mtbr member

Why are chicks crazy?

Quote Originally Posted by cyclelicious View Post
    A happy wife is a happy life
    " if Momma ain't happy Nobodies happy!"
    Chances are .. You're full of !$@&?

Front Range, Colorado
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishbucket View Post
    Who are YOU ! ? Dr. Ruth?
    Is she even still with us. Maybe I'll take over her spot.
    ----------- __o
    --------- _`\<,_
    BRAAP(>)/ (*)
    ************^^^^^^Rock Garden
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qqpcBpSsj1A

Prime
    Yeah, but how's your bike running? That's what's important. You can get another wife, no problem. But a bike that feels as if it's a natural extension of your inner being, now that is irreplaceable.

official eMpTyBRain
    Wow, these Ambien sleep aids are strong. I feel all drunk and dizzy.
    ...and proud member of the anti-sock puppet desolation

I eat cats
    I went to Nordstrom with my wife after work today which turned into an hour of combing through dress racks there and 2 more stores. On the way home she suggested we stop at a little LBS I have been wanting to check out and I needed a few little things so we did. See, give and you shall receive. Now pass me the Ambien.

Bro
    Where I do my thinking
    Females speak a different language than we do. The only hope is to not lose too much in translation.
    I've made some bad decisions like taking the gears off my bike. So here's the warning: Do not as I say, nor as I do.

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    You should check the cliches thread. There's at least 15 answers to your wife problems in there. Possibly more. Choose the one you can best live with.
    Noogie...Noogie...Noogie.

mtbr member

Why are chicks crazy?

Title of this thread reminds of a verse from a country song.
    Beer is good
    God is great
    And b!tches are crazy!!

Or something like that.
    Its all Shits and Giggles until somebody Giggles and Shits

Trail Prospector

Re: Why are chicks crazy?

...because they hold firm to the belief that they can make men change.

This starts out small, usually with the toilet seat, and then migrates to more substantial areas, clothes, actions, friends, and finally passions.

Women are trained manipulators.
    Men are physically flawed by having only enough blood to supply one head.
    We do not get subtle innuendo, and women rarely can rarely be direct to say what they really want - because they know fully that they're being irrational.

(Took 12 years of marriage to learn this.)

My ($0.02 / Dr. Ruth) view she does NOT want to move away from her family. Try talking about ID, do not mention anything about biking, and note the reaction. Then on another day tell her about that new bike you want to buy, and gage which discussion causes the greater tsunami.

Decide to you, which is more important, and then - pass the Ambien.

(tapa)
    The best is the one you want to ride most often..

R.I.P. DogFriend
    A man is walking on the beach near LA and he finds a brass lamp buried in the sand. And of course, hub rubs the lamp, and naturally, a genie appears from out of the lamp.

As we all know, the genie grants the man three wishes. As many would do, the man uses the first two wishes to ensure he has eternal health and wealth. This leaves the third wish available for something a bit more whimsical . . . . He says that his wife is afraid of flying and boats, but really wants to be able to visit Hawaii, so he would like a bridge built from LA to Hawaii so he can drive his wife there.

The genie explains that this would require a tremendous amount of resources (concrete, asphalt and steel) to build such a bridge and it would be a blight on the natural beauty of the ocean, and requests that he choose something different. The man ponders the genie's request, and says "OK, I'll forego the bridge to Hawaii if you can just tell me, what do women want?"

The genie says, "Would you like that bridge to have two lanes, or four?"
    =====

We're generally wired a little different. Something I was told by a woman that teaches 'life skills' to inmates, is that many times, women need to talk to you to process their feelings, and that even though our (men) first instinct is to try to fix it, they really just need for us to listen to them.

I, OTOH, usually process things in silence, while riding my bike, and don't speak about something until after I have flushed it out as thoroughly as possible. I know, that when I get home from work, I need to listen to my wife talk about her day. I always thought she was asking for me to fix things. When I asked her about this whole 'listening' and not necessarily 'fixing it' thing, she confirmed that this was true. I asked my grown daughter, and got a similar response.

So, I really don't have to jump up and 'fix it'? Nope, most of the time, I just need to listen. Instead of just assuming, If in doubt, I just ask, "Are you wanting me to try to fix this, or do you merely need for me to listen, and allow you to process?"

Disclaimer: I am not a therapist, nor do I play one on TV. But. . . . I did sleep at a Holiday Inn Express last night!

mtbr member
    Mostly, she 'NEEDS" to "FEEL" that you listen and care.
    During these times, trying to have a rational discussion about whatever issues emerge should wait. Answers and solutions aren't the point.
    I'm afraid of heights so a 26'r fits me to a T.

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast