Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Who else doesn't mind eating leftovers cold?

Working out in the field, most times there aren't microwaves around to heat up my lunch, so I just eat it cold straight from my cooler.

After doing this for the past several years I have grown accustomed to eating cold food. I know everyone eats leftover pizza cold. That's good stuff! I actually can't wait till the next day just so I can have cold pizza. I swear it tastes better.

But I do this with everything. Chicken, steak, rice, etc. Pretty much anything even if there is a readily available microwave or stove just a few feet away.

Of course there are a few exceptions. Mostly the dishes that have gravy. That white marshmallowy fatty stuff just turns me off. Those need to be scraped and heated up.

I just ate some cold leftover steak and onions which made me think about this. I think me being lazy helps perpetuate this behavior. lol.

So who else does this?
    I like to hug trees at FULL SPEED!

help with the zip please
    Pizza and lasagne, not at the same time obviously and preferably home made lasagne

I love home made lasagna. My wife makes a killer meatless spinach lasagna. I swear it's so good that I don't even care that it's meatless and healthier.

But yeah I can eat that cold too. good stuff.
    I like to hug trees at FULL SPEED!

I'm your density
    I think pizza deserves its own category in the realm of foods that can be eaten hot or cold, vs. merely a leftover. Same goes for meatloaf. I LOVE a good cold meatloaf samwich.
    "Two wrongs don't make a right, but three rights make a left."
    Ty Webb

mtbr member
    Me

Grosses out the wife sometimes, I dont like my sit down and eat dinner food too hot neither. Hate burning my lips, tongue or mouth. When it's time to eat I want to eat, not wait for it to get cooled down.

Impaitent explains better, than lazy.

official eMpTyBRain
    To give an idea of how much I dislike burning hot foods/liquids, I always order my coffee from Starfvcks at 140 degrees.

I can eat cold food if there is no option but I do prefer to nuke it in the microwave if there's one to use.

I like warm but not too hot. I like cool, but not too cold.
    ...and proud member of the anti-sock puppet desolation

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    Spaghetti is a great cold leftover. When fresh of course eat it warm. But as a left over cold is the biz.

gran jefe
    Nov 2011
    yuck. savages. i've never even eaten cold pizza. if i'm going to eat leftovers, i get them nice a hot. you guys are impressve. i don't know if i could eat cold spaghetti if i had to.

thread crapper
    Feb 2008
    When I worked in the oil field, I used to drop a can of soup, or ravioli or whatever in the engine compartment to warm it up before I'd eat lunch some days. Usually just when it was cold out. Not really leftovers, but I didn't like that cold. I'll eat a lot of things cold though. Spaghetti's good as a leftover cold meal. I really like cold steak as a leftover. Don't know why, just do.

Ride More, Whine Less
    If cold leftover eaters joined into a club, I would run for president.

mtbr member
    Dec 2009
    Wait, wait, wait . . . You mean there's a way to heat up leftovers? I'll eat just about leftovers cold. In fact, I can't think of one that I'd have a strong preference for eating hot. Love cold sausages. Cold hot dogs and burgers - ambivelant. (I don't know how to spell ambivalent, ambivilent. . . ?). Soup - yum. If it's separated, just give it a stir.

If you've gotta heat it up, that just means you don't want it bad enough. Ride another loop and then eat.

mtbr member
    I have to say I love leftovers cold from the fridge or reheated, with no real preferance. A good fryup with leftover roast meat, spuds and whatever veges aka 'bubble & squeak' just can't be beat!

My problem is that working in the dairy industry we do alot of training around safe/unsafe food handling practices and sometimes I wish I didn't know as much as I do about the dangers of unproperly cooked or reheated food, or food that has been left too long before eating.

Sleek Jamis Exile Rider
    I love cold leftovers. Just finished my lunch of leftover pizza. Chicken legs, steak, and pork chops are the best.

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    So long as it isn't a cold burrito I'm good.

help with the zip please
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill in Houston View Post
    yuck. savages. i've never even eaten cold pizza. if i'm going to eat leftovers, i get them nice a hot. you guys are impressve. i don't know if i could eat cold spaghetti if i had to.
    Bill, right there is your problem my friend, you've never tried it. In the words of Macklemore and Lewis "America the brave, still fears what we don't know"

Bill, get to know cold left overs, and you will thank us for it.

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by John Kuhl View Post
    So long as it isn't a cold burrito I'm good.
    I second that.I just had some cold chuck roast.Too hungry to wait for anything....my mouth will warm it up on the way down.
    roccowt.
    rocnbikemeld

FloridaKeys Fishing Guide
    Most anything that has been cooked properly I have eaten cold. Pasta, pizza and lasagna are good and so is grilled chicken, roast beef, steak, mashed garlic potato's and peas. Pork I am not to keen on as it had better be over-cooked. Cold fish is alway good as in Sushi..
    Current ride(s) 2011 Santa Cruz Blur LT

help with the zip please
    Quote Originally Posted by OscarW View Post
    Most anything that has been cooked properly I have eaten cold. Pasta, pizza and lasagna are good and so is grilled chicken, roast beef, steak, mashed garlic potato's and peas. Pork I am not to keen on as it had better be over-cooked. Cold fish is alway good as in Sushi..
    I'd be wary of leftover sushi

thread crapper
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by emu26 View Post
    I'd be wary of leftover sushi
    Gotta agree here. That sounds like a good way to get to pay homage to the porcelain king for a while.

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    ...Cold baked potatoes or baked chicken?
    Nothing a jar of mayonaise,some lettuce and tomatoes and relish can't cure.
    ...Just slap the mayo and relish in there...some lettuce and tomatoes and bread...and the beverage of choice...you're in buiness.
    roccowt.
    rocnbikemeld

sock puppet
    Nothing beats yesterday's pizza slice warmed up on a hotel iron.

Not my delight though. Just sayin.
    Signature

govt kontrakt projkt mgr
    I used to like pork sausage patties cold the next day. This was like tens of years ago.

Quiet Professional
    Cant stand cold pizza. I will take cold chicken or steak and eat a sandwich, but everything else needs to be hot.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2

gran jefe
    Nov 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by emu26 View Post
    Bill, right there is your problem my friend, you've never tried it. In the words of Macklemore and Lewis "America the brave, still fears what we don't know"

Bill, get to know cold left overs, and you will thank us for it.
    I can see that I have really been letting fear hold me back. Maybe I'll try pizza to start with.

AKA Frank N. Bike!!
    I would have to agree that pizza is awesome cold.
    My Bike: '03 Specialized HardRock FrankenBike
    My Blog: http://http://kona0197.wordpress.com/

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast