Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 59
  1. #1
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Gerth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    379

    What would you like to see in USA government

    What would you do to change the USA ? If you had the power to make law. Keep in mind that these are ONLY opinions and let's keep the flaming to a minimum.
    For me there are several items I'd like to see happen
    1. Term Limits in the House and Senate and Supreme Court
    2. Illegal aliens are ILLEGAL deport them. Or at least give them 60 days to register and become citizens .
    3. Secure our boarders
    4. Go back on the Gold Standard
    5. Drug testing for those on Welfare ( don't buy dope on the tax payers dime.
    6. Community service for Welfare( you can certainly help out for your money )
    7. A flat Tax . That way Everyone pays something
    8. Secure our schools
    9 . Increase the tariffs on foreign goods. Let's bring back " Made in the USA"
    10. Restore the Pledge of Allegiance back at schools
    Chances are .. You're full of !$@&?

  2. #2
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Fishbucket's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    2,354
    in before the bin.

  3. #3
    HOV
    HOV is offline
    mtbr member
    Reputation: HOV's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    179

    Re: What would you like to see in USA government

    Tax credits for mountain biking

  4. #4
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    2,012
    Fights and mass brawls in the Senate and House like they do in various Asian countries.

  5. #5
    AZ
    AZ is offline
    banned
    Reputation: AZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    19,996
    Quote Originally Posted by aerius View Post
    fights and mass brawls in the oc and general like they do in various asian countries.



    fify.

  6. #6
    banned
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    1,632
    I think all "elected" government positions should be like jury duty.

    "awww crap! i have to be the President this term! i wonder if i can get out of it?"

    Pull the summoned citizens into a big room, after an interview process send 90% of them home and let the other 10% serve their country. Yes, we may wind up with some piss poor people in office but is that any worse than it is now? IMO the LAST people in the world who should be given political power are the people who want it.

  7. #7
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    3
    That is the most amazing thing i have ever read.

  8. #8
    official eMpTyBRain
    Reputation: Hawg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    24,950
    A complete dismantling and a complete rebuild with human beings put in place who put all other human beings first before themselves.
    ...and proud member of the anti-sock puppet desolation

  9. #9
    AZ
    AZ is offline
    banned
    Reputation: AZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    19,996
    Quote Originally Posted by mrfuzzynuggets View Post
    That is the most amazing thing i have ever read.



    Hello Brian with a y.

  10. #10
    High Desert MTBer
    Reputation: rockerc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    4,875
    Honesty and integrity...

    Hmmm... pie in the sky?!?
    It's all Here. Now.

  11. #11
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    200
    Violating the Oath of Office punishable by death.

    Term limits and make them short.

    Make it a felony for not reading and fully understanding the legislation you just voted for.

    Etc, etc, etc.....

  12. #12
    official eMpTyBRain
    Reputation: Hawg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    24,950
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirty $anchez View Post
    Hello Brian with a y.
    Jeeez, how many puppets does "Brian with a Y" have?!!!
    ...and proud member of the anti-sock puppet desolation

  13. #13
    Oh, the huge-meh-nity
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    956
    In the spirit of Futurama, I'd like to see Tastycrats, pubic libraries, and a gigantic robotic Nixon. An angry alien doing news would help too...

  14. #14
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Brewtality's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    5,635

    What would you like to see in USA government

    Less intrusion into people's lives.
    Government should have a very short list of duties.
    Defense of the land. Our land of course. Not the whole rest of the world.
    Security of the borders.
    Public works projects. Build roads and bridges.


    That's it. That is all I want the government to do. I don't want them handling my retirement.
    I don't want them meddling in my healthcare.
    I don't want them indoctrinating my children.
    I don't want them telling my employer what he has to pay me.
    I don't want them taking my money and spreading it out to people that will not work.

    You want America to be prosperous? Eliminate 90% of our government and its waste, then stand back and watch our economy boom.
    Its all Shits and Giggles until somebody Giggles and Shits

  15. #15
    High Desert MTBer
    Reputation: rockerc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    4,875
    Quote Originally Posted by Brewtality View Post
    Less intrusion into people's lives.
    Government should have a very short list of duties.
    Defense of the land. Our land of course. Not the whole rest of the world.
    Security of the borders.
    Public works projects. Build roads and bridges.


    That's it. That is all I want the government to do. I don't want them handling my retirement.
    I don't want them meddling in my healthcare.
    I don't want them indoctrinating my children.
    I don't want them telling my employer what he has to pay me.
    I don't want them taking my money and spreading it out to people that will not work.

    You want America to be prosperous? Eliminate 90% of our government and its waste, then stand back and watch our economy boom.
    Education? Who takes care of that most important thing?
    It's all Here. Now.

  16. #16
    Almost Human
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    2,145
    Quote Originally Posted by Gerth View Post
    For me there are several items I'd like to see happen
    I only need one change as it would nullify many of the tyrannical powers the Federal Government has granted itself.

    Restoration of state sovereignty through secession.

  17. #17
    mtbr member
    Reputation: dbhammercycle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    1,160
    I would definitely support a flat tax rate for everyone, but the IRS employs a lot of people. Nay to the gold standard. Term limits sound reasonable. I would love to see more effort from other United Nations countries instead of or alongside US troops. In a world where distance is no longer an effective defense strategy, we should be neighborly but continue to carry a big stick, we just shouldn't flaunt it or be the world's police force. Border security is a must, but we should also be lenient to our migratory farm workers during harvest periods in order to keep food prices low. I think that all elected officials' first priority should be working towards common goals instead of sticking to party lines. Also, if the govt shuts down then no pay or health care for our elected officials. I believe everyone should have access to healthcare. Definitely improve our infrastructure and public projects including schools and educating our young to understand and not simply memorize. I would like more transparency concerning how my tax dollars are spent or at least an easier way for me to see how tax dollars are spent. More required paid vacation days. Tariffs for foreign goods can be difficult if we would like to send our goods into their country as well, but I would definitely support Made in USA if I can afford it. Mandate more energy efficient appliances, cars, tech etc. I believe govt can be an effective organization and/or a necessary evil. Trusting in Karma is naive, society needs some amount of guidance. There are so many things it's truly difficult to not only list them but also have some amount of continuity to setup discussion.

    Perhaps it's been stated best that while democracy isn't perfect by far, it's the best system so far.
    No fuss with the MUSS

  18. #18
    High Desert MTBer
    Reputation: rockerc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    4,875
    Quote Originally Posted by dbhammercycle View Post
    I would definitely support a flat tax rate for everyone, but the IRS employs a lot of people. Nay to the gold standard. Term limits sound reasonable. I would love to see more effort from other United Nations countries instead of or alongside US troops. In a world where distance is no longer an effective defense strategy, we should be neighborly but continue to carry a big stick, we just shouldn't flaunt it or be the world's police force. Border security is a must, but we should also be lenient to our migratory farm workers during harvest periods in order to keep food prices low. I think that all elected officials' first priority should be working towards common goals instead of sticking to party lines. Also, if the govt shuts down then no pay or health care for our elected officials. I believe everyone should have access to healthcare. Definitely improve our infrastructure and public projects including schools and educating our young to understand and not simply memorize. I would like more transparency concerning how my tax dollars are spent or at least an easier way for me to see how tax dollars are spent. More required paid vacation days. Tariffs for foreign goods can be difficult if we would like to send our goods into their country as well, but I would definitely support Made in USA if I can afford it. Mandate more energy efficient appliances, cars, tech etc. I believe govt can be an effective organization and/or a necessary evil. Trusting in Karma is naive, society needs some amount of guidance. There are so many things it's truly difficult to not only list them but also have some amount of continuity to setup discussion.

    Perhaps it's been stated best that while democracy isn't perfect by far, it's the best system so far.
    Most of these are admirable goals, but the part you mention about more effort from other United Nations countries is redundant when the US, UK or anyone else acts unilaterally without a mandate from the United Nations.
    As for a flat tax rate, cool, but maybe keep those IRS employees to police those tax loopholes that rob this, and other countries of rightful tax revenue.
    It's all Here. Now.

  19. #19
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Brewtality's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    5,635

    What would you like to see in USA government

    Quote Originally Posted by rockerc View Post
    Education? Who takes care of that most important thing?
    Local governments, private institutions, families.

    Not politicians, unions, bureaucrats.

    If you eliminated public schools and the subsequent increase in your local property and income taxes, you might surprised at the high quality education you could afford for your children.
    Its all Shits and Giggles until somebody Giggles and Shits

  20. #20
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Brewtality's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    5,635

    What would you like to see in USA government

    Quote Originally Posted by Bryan W/aY View Post
    The government is shut down at the moment. I'm waiting for the "boom." haha!
    Not really. Everybody knows the government is coming back online soon. Nothing is going to change.
    Elimination of 90% of the government would free up the US economy. Eliminate welfare. Now you have an entire underclass that is no longer a burden on society. When faced with the choice of work or starve, most will chose work. Now they become tax paying contributors to society. You increase your tax base. Tax revenues would increase, while government costs (welfare) would go down. Tax burdens for everybody would go down.
    Eliminate Social Security. I don't expect to get mine anyway. If I do, the retirement age will be so high, it won't do me any good. Allow people to invest their retirement money in stocks, bonds and money market. More personal freedom for individuals. More personal prosperity. A huge boost for the economy as all that money leaves the government and enters the open market.

    Two examples of decreased government, big boost in the economy.
    Its all Shits and Giggles until somebody Giggles and Shits

  21. #21
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Awshucks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    442
    Quote Originally Posted by Brewtality View Post

    You want America to be prosperous? Eliminate 90% of our government and its waste, then stand back and watch our economy boom.
    Or Koch brothers 2.0 and Co. to **** all over everything without any regulation.

  22. #22
    Oh, the huge-meh-nity
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    956

    Yeah... right.

    We're going to need some sort of government agency to figure out which ten percent of government will stay.

  23. #23
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    587
    I'd like to see a mix of Ronald Reagan and Bill Clinton leadership. Clinton on the national economy and Reagan for international issues.

  24. #24
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Vespasianus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    3,370
    Quote Originally Posted by Gerth View Post
    What would you do to change the USA ? If you had the power to make law. Keep in mind that these are ONLY opinions and let's keep the flaming to a minimum.
    For me there are several items I'd like to see happen
    1. Term Limits in the House and Senate and Supreme Court -
    2. Illegal aliens are ILLEGAL deport them. Or at least give them 60 days to register and become citizens .
    3. Secure our boarders
    4. Go back on the Gold Standard
    5. Drug testing for those on Welfare ( don't buy dope on the tax payers dime.
    6. Community service for Welfare( you can certainly help out for your money )
    7. A flat Tax . That way Everyone pays something
    8. Secure our schools
    9 . Increase the tariffs on foreign goods. Let's bring back " Made in the USA"
    10. Restore the Pledge of Allegiance back at schools
    1. No. It makes people get in and get out just for the money.
    2. No. Most "illegals" actually work harder than the people born and raised here. I say keep them.
    3. Why?
    4. Why?
    5. Why? Most people on welfare are not on drugs and most of the people doing drugs are not on welfare.
    6. No. Poor uneducated people all ready do that job. Why take a job away from a hard working person?
    7. No. Studies show a flat tax benefits some people more than others. Not very fair.
    8. Why?
    9. No. Are you a communist? This is a free market system. Who are you to limit what my company can do and how it wan't to make money. Again, are you a commie?
    10. Why?



    And yes, I am playing the devils advocate. Nothing is that simple, especially the problems in America.


    Honestly, what I think would be good is to bring back intellect and hard work into this country. We have become lazy and fat. Parents care more about their kids baseball stats than their report cards. Kids are stupid. Even the kids that get A's and B's. We have set up a system that makes people feel good. Dumb things down so that all the kids can get A's and B.

    Compared to the Chinese we don't have a shot. They work harder and they are smarter. Hell that is why I say let all the illegals in that you can. They work harder. That has been what has driven the US for years. Immigrants work.
    On MTBR, the reputation is infamous.

  25. #25
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Vespasianus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    3,370
    Quote Originally Posted by Bryan W/aY View Post
    The majority of people who are fat and lazy are so because working hard never got them anywhere. Working hard does not always give you an edge because someone will come along and work harder. In the end, everyone becomes overworked. I think there is more to it than just blaming those who have essentially given up.
    You are talking about the Fat and lazy people, I am talking about the lazy and fat people. Of course there are those that work hard and get little. In fact, I would say they are the majority. But maybe I am being pessimistic but I see us trying to cling to things that no longer work. Things as simples as an education system that is not geared towards working families. The days of kids graduating high school and getting a good job are over. Simple as that. The days of kids graduating from some local college and getting a high paying job are over. We are know competing in a global market place and we are about to get run over. Empires fail because they get complacent.
    On MTBR, the reputation is infamous.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Our Government at it's Best!
    By ABQ_Biker in forum New Mexico
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 08-02-2013, 11:52 AM
  2. If you haven't been to government canyon.....
    By austin_bike in forum Texas
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 04-15-2013, 05:48 PM
  3. Hey, if the government does shut down...
    By silversurfer in forum Arizona
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 04-09-2011, 07:05 AM
  4. Government Shutdown and YOU!
    By Papa G73 in forum California - Norcal
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 04-08-2011, 12:08 PM
  5. Hello Oregon, your government at work
    By gorgedon in forum Oregon
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 01-24-2011, 05:45 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •