Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    mtbr member

What would you like to see in USA government

What would you do to change the USA ? If you had the power to make law. Keep in mind that these are ONLY opinions and let's keep the flaming to a minimum.
    For me there are several items I'd like to see happen
    1. Term Limits in the House and Senate and Supreme Court
    2. Illegal aliens are ILLEGAL deport them. Or at least give them 60 days to register and become citizens .
    3. Secure our boarders
    4. Go back on the Gold Standard
    5. Drug testing for those on Welfare ( don't buy dope on the tax payers dime.
    6. Community service for Welfare( you can certainly help out for your money )
    7. A flat Tax . That way Everyone pays something
    8. Secure our schools
    9 . Increase the tariffs on foreign goods. Let's bring back " Made in the USA"
    10. Restore the Pledge of Allegiance back at schools
    Chances are .. You're full of !$@&?

mtbr member
    in before the bin.

HOV
    mtbr member

Re: What would you like to see in USA government

Tax credits for mountain biking

mtbr member
    Nov 2010
    Fights and mass brawls in the Senate and House like they do in various Asian countries.

AZ
    banned
    Quote Originally Posted by aerius View Post
    fights and mass brawls in the oc and general like they do in various asian countries.

fify.

banned
    Jan 2013
    I think all "elected" government positions should be like jury duty.

"awww crap! i have to be the President this term! i wonder if i can get out of it?"

Pull the summoned citizens into a big room, after an interview process send 90% of them home and let the other 10% serve their country. Yes, we may wind up with some piss poor people in office but is that any worse than it is now? IMO the LAST people in the world who should be given political power are the people who want it.

mtbr member
    Oct 2013
    That is the most amazing thing i have ever read.

mtbr member
    Nov 2008
    A complete dismantling and a complete rebuild with human beings put in place who put all other human beings first before themselves.

AZ
    banned
    Quote Originally Posted by mrfuzzynuggets View Post
    That is the most amazing thing i have ever read.

Hello Brian with a y.

High Desert MTBer
    Honesty and integrity...

Hmmm... pie in the sky?!?
    It's all Here. Now.

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    Violating the Oath of Office punishable by death.

Term limits and make them short.

Make it a felony for not reading and fully understanding the legislation you just voted for.

Etc, etc, etc.....

mtbr member
    Nov 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirty $anchez View Post
    Hello Brian with a y.
    Jeeez, how many puppets does "Brian with a Y" have?!!!

**** this ****
    In the spirit of Futurama, I'd like to see Tastycrats, pubic libraries, and a gigantic robotic Nixon. An angry alien doing news would help too...

mtbr member

Less intrusion into people's lives.
    Government should have a very short list of duties.
    Defense of the land. Our land of course. Not the whole rest of the world.
    Security of the borders.
    Public works projects. Build roads and bridges.

That's it. That is all I want the government to do. I don't want them handling my retirement.
    I don't want them meddling in my healthcare.
    I don't want them indoctrinating my children.
    I don't want them telling my employer what he has to pay me.
    I don't want them taking my money and spreading it out to people that will not work.

You want America to be prosperous? Eliminate 90% of our government and its waste, then stand back and watch our economy boom.
    Its all ****s and Giggles until somebody Giggles and ****s

High Desert MTBer
    Quote Originally Posted by Brewtality View Post
    Less intrusion into people's lives.
    Government should have a very short list of duties.
    Defense of the land. Our land of course. Not the whole rest of the world.
    Security of the borders.
    Public works projects. Build roads and bridges.

That's it. That is all I want the government to do. I don't want them handling my retirement.
    I don't want them meddling in my healthcare.
    I don't want them indoctrinating my children.
    I don't want them telling my employer what he has to pay me.
    I don't want them taking my money and spreading it out to people that will not work.

You want America to be prosperous? Eliminate 90% of our government and its waste, then stand back and watch our economy boom.
    Education? Who takes care of that most important thing?
    It's all Here. Now.

Almost Human
    Sep 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Gerth View Post
    I only need one change as it would nullify many of the tyrannical powers the Federal Government has granted itself.

Restoration of state sovereignty through secession.

mtbr member
    I would definitely support a flat tax rate for everyone, but the IRS employs a lot of people. Nay to the gold standard. Term limits sound reasonable. I would love to see more effort from other United Nations countries instead of or alongside US troops. In a world where distance is no longer an effective defense strategy, we should be neighborly but continue to carry a big stick, we just shouldn't flaunt it or be the world's police force. Border security is a must, but we should also be lenient to our migratory farm workers during harvest periods in order to keep food prices low. I think that all elected officials' first priority should be working towards common goals instead of sticking to party lines. Also, if the govt shuts down then no pay or health care for our elected officials. I believe everyone should have access to healthcare. Definitely improve our infrastructure and public projects including schools and educating our young to understand and not simply memorize. I would like more transparency concerning how my tax dollars are spent or at least an easier way for me to see how tax dollars are spent. More required paid vacation days. Tariffs for foreign goods can be difficult if we would like to send our goods into their country as well, but I would definitely support Made in USA if I can afford it. Mandate more energy efficient appliances, cars, tech etc. I believe govt can be an effective organization and/or a necessary evil. Trusting in Karma is naive, society needs some amount of guidance. There are so many things it's truly difficult to not only list them but also have some amount of continuity to setup discussion.

Perhaps it's been stated best that while democracy isn't perfect by far, it's the best system so far.
    I don't know why,... it's just MUSS easier to pedal than the other ones.

High Desert MTBer
    Quote Originally Posted by dbhammercycle View Post
    I would definitely support a flat tax rate for everyone, but the IRS employs a lot of people. Nay to the gold standard. Term limits sound reasonable. I would love to see more effort from other United Nations countries instead of or alongside US troops. In a world where distance is no longer an effective defense strategy, we should be neighborly but continue to carry a big stick, we just shouldn't flaunt it or be the world's police force. Border security is a must, but we should also be lenient to our migratory farm workers during harvest periods in order to keep food prices low. I think that all elected officials' first priority should be working towards common goals instead of sticking to party lines. Also, if the govt shuts down then no pay or health care for our elected officials. I believe everyone should have access to healthcare. Definitely improve our infrastructure and public projects including schools and educating our young to understand and not simply memorize. I would like more transparency concerning how my tax dollars are spent or at least an easier way for me to see how tax dollars are spent. More required paid vacation days. Tariffs for foreign goods can be difficult if we would like to send our goods into their country as well, but I would definitely support Made in USA if I can afford it. Mandate more energy efficient appliances, cars, tech etc. I believe govt can be an effective organization and/or a necessary evil. Trusting in Karma is naive, society needs some amount of guidance. There are so many things it's truly difficult to not only list them but also have some amount of continuity to setup discussion.

Perhaps it's been stated best that while democracy isn't perfect by far, it's the best system so far.
    Most of these are admirable goals, but the part you mention about more effort from other United Nations countries is redundant when the US, UK or anyone else acts unilaterally without a mandate from the United Nations.
    As for a flat tax rate, cool, but maybe keep those IRS employees to police those tax loopholes that rob this, and other countries of rightful tax revenue.
    It's all Here. Now.

mtbr member

Quote Originally Posted by rockerc View Post
    Education? Who takes care of that most important thing?
    Local governments, private institutions, families.

Not politicians, unions, bureaucrats.

If you eliminated public schools and the subsequent increase in your local property and income taxes, you might surprised at the high quality education you could afford for your children.

mtbr member

Quote Originally Posted by Bryan W/aY View Post
    The government is shut down at the moment. I'm waiting for the "boom." haha!
    Not really. Everybody knows the government is coming back online soon. Nothing is going to change.
    Elimination of 90% of the government would free up the US economy. Eliminate welfare. Now you have an entire underclass that is no longer a burden on society. When faced with the choice of work or starve, most will chose work. Now they become tax paying contributors to society. You increase your tax base. Tax revenues would increase, while government costs (welfare) would go down. Tax burdens for everybody would go down.
    Eliminate Social Security. I don't expect to get mine anyway. If I do, the retirement age will be so high, it won't do me any good. Allow people to invest their retirement money in stocks, bonds and money market. More personal freedom for individuals. More personal prosperity. A huge boost for the economy as all that money leaves the government and enters the open market.

Two examples of decreased government, big boost in the economy.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Brewtality View Post

Or Koch brothers 2.0 and Co. to **** all over everything without any regulation.

**** this ****

Yeah... right.

We're going to need some sort of government agency to figure out which ten percent of government will stay.

mtbr member
    Dec 2012
    I'd like to see a mix of Ronald Reagan and Bill Clinton leadership. Clinton on the national economy and Reagan for international issues.

mtbr member
    What would you do to change the USA ? If you had the power to make law. Keep in mind that these are ONLY opinions and let's keep the flaming to a minimum.
    1. Term Limits in the House and Senate and Supreme Court -
    2. Illegal aliens are ILLEGAL deport them. Or at least give them 60 days to register and become citizens .
    3. Secure our boarders
    8. Secure our schools
    1. No. It makes people get in and get out just for the money.
    2. No. Most "illegals" actually work harder than the people born and raised here. I say keep them.
    3. Why?
    4. Why?
    5. Why? Most people on welfare are not on drugs and most of the people doing drugs are not on welfare.
    6. No. Poor uneducated people all ready do that job. Why take a job away from a hard working person?
    7. No. Studies show a flat tax benefits some people more than others. Not very fair.
    8. Why?
    9. No. Are you a communist? This is a free market system. Who are you to limit what my company can do and how it wan't to make money. Again, are you a commie?
    10. Why?

And yes, I am playing the devils advocate. Nothing is that simple, especially the problems in America.

Honestly, what I think would be good is to bring back intellect and hard work into this country. We have become lazy and fat. Parents care more about their kids baseball stats than their report cards. Kids are stupid. Even the kids that get A's and B's. We have set up a system that makes people feel good. Dumb things down so that all the kids can get A's and B.

Compared to the Chinese we don't have a shot. They work harder and they are smarter. Hell that is why I say let all the illegals in that you can. They work harder. That has been what has driven the US for years. Immigrants work.
    On MTBR, the reputation is infamous.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bryan W/aY View Post
    The majority of people who are fat and lazy are so because working hard never got them anywhere. Working hard does not always give you an edge because someone will come along and work harder. In the end, everyone becomes overworked. I think there is more to it than just blaming those who have essentially given up.
    You are talking about the Fat and lazy people, I am talking about the lazy and fat people. Of course there are those that work hard and get little. In fact, I would say they are the majority. But maybe I am being pessimistic but I see us trying to cling to things that no longer work. Things as simples as an education system that is not geared towards working families. The days of kids graduating high school and getting a good job are over. Simple as that. The days of kids graduating from some local college and getting a high paying job are over. We are know competing in a global market place and we are about to get run over. Empires fail because they get complacent.
    On MTBR, the reputation is infamous.

workin' it Administrator
    Can you guys stop talking about politics for a bit, you're giving bryan a fits and I have practically blocked the IP's for all of New Mexico.
    Try this: HTFU

mtbr member
    we have some unsure times ahead for sure but right now all the OC needs is more cowbell.

it's the weekend ladies...shut the politics off and give us lord our daily shred and forgive those who can't shred before us...

redbull rampage live on redbulltv sunday sunday sunday!

mtbr member
    3. Secure our boarders
    8. Secure our schools
    There are some serious issues with the good ol' USA, but a string of poorly thought out libertarian ideas it's most certainly not the answer.
    God hates figs. Luke 13:6-9

mtbr member
    Double penetration.

The White Jeff W
    I like it. On paper i like the idea of drug testing welfare recipients but I think it would be cost prohibitive

Also on my list...

Elimination of lobbyists and PACs
    No moss...

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by rockerc View Post
    Most of these are admirable goals, but the part you mention about more effort from other United Nations countries is redundant when the US, UK or anyone else acts unilaterally without a mandate from the United Nations.
    As for a flat tax rate, cool, but maybe keep those IRS employees to police those tax loopholes that rob this, and other countries of rightful tax revenue.
    I can't really argue with the point concerning an individual country's proclaimed right to defend itself against its perceived enemies. I was referring to the amount of military support given by each nation to enforce UN unilateral decisions. I remember seeing a graphical representation of military tech and personnel loaned out to the UN and the US portion dwarfed other countries. Certainly, the US has a larger standing military than some other countries and that can account for the difference. However, if the UN is made of equal members, more or less, each country should pledge the same support. I was positive I saved a jpeg copy of that graph, but alas I can't find it or something similar yet on the net.
    I see we are drivin the admins crazy with talk of politics. I will therefore be brief in closing.
    IRS employees should be able to stick around and shift focus to corporations.
    Finally, I live in a high tax state and county, the local school system is one of the best in the state and possibly the country. Some of the local private schools have their own agenda, religious teaching for example which is not for me but may be for someone else, and they are expensive. So, my taxes do pay for a high quality education.
    I don't know why,... it's just MUSS easier to pedal than the other ones.

mtbr member

Quote Originally Posted by Vespasianus View Post
    1. No. It makes people get in and get out just for the money.
    2. No. Most "illegals" actually work harder than the people born and raised here. I say keep them.
    3. Why?
    4. Why?
    5. Why? Most people on welfare are not on drugs and most of the people doing drugs are not on welfare.
    6. No. Poor uneducated people all ready do that job. Why take a job away from a hard working person?
    7. No. Studies show a flat tax benefits some people more than others. Not very fair.
    8. Why?
    9. No. Are you a communist? This is a free market system. Who are you to limit what my company can do and how it wan't to make money. Again, are you a commie?
    10. Why?
    1. Not if you limit the wages to under a 100k a year . That way the only people running for the position actually will be running to make a difference not a paycheck.
    2. Because if you want to be a productive member of our country and pay taxes then do it legally.
    3 . Because
    4. Right now our currency is backed by nothing. That's why gas is 4.50 a gal and orange juice is 4 bucks a gallon. An ounce of gold still buys what an ounce of gold bought 2000 years ago. It's stable
    5. Obviously you've never seen the inner city with 7 generations on welfare . Most are string out on dope. Tell ya what , come to New Haven or Bridgeport CT and I'll give you a guided tour.
    6. Really? Lol
    7. Now that's just false. If I make a 100 bucks and get taxed for arguments sake 25% then I pay 25.00 dollars. If I make 1000.00 dollars I pay 250.00. 25 percent is 25 percent regardless so check your math
    9. No I'm not a communist but it's a fact china devalues its currency making it cheaper to manufacture there. Raise the tariffs to level the field. Economics 101
    Chances are .. You're full of !$@&?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by rockcrusher View Post
    Can you guys stop talking about politics for a bit, you're giving bryan a fits and I have practically blocked the IP's for all of New Mexico.
    I know.

There's several users of mtbr that live within a few miles of Bryan who have been affected in the past.

It's pretty ridiculous, right?

Almost Human
    Sep 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Vespasianus View Post
    Is this what you've been told or something you know based on experience, because most of the illegals I've worked with, side-by-side, have been pretty lazy when it comes down to it and they play by their own rules.

workin' it Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by juan_speeder View Post
    I know.

There's several users of mtbr that live within a few miles of Bryan who have been affected in the past.

It's pretty ridiculous, right?
    Ah well Bryan will be bryan.
    Try this: HTFU

Almost Human
    Sep 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffw-13 View Post
    I like it. On paper i like the idea of drug testing welfare recipients but I think it would be cost prohibitive

Also on my list...

Elimination of lobbyists and PACs

The only drug testing that needs to occur is in Congress.
    If we are tested for our jobs then so should those who pass our laws.

mtbr member
    3. Secure our boarders
    8. Secure our schools
    I was browsing on my phone earlier, or I would have addressed theses point by point.

1. Not a bad idea regarding Congress, but it undermines the SC.

2. Simple idea that will cost many billions to implement, while simultaneously ruining many industries.

3. Simple idea that will cost many billions to implement. The Northern border seems pretty tight. The Southern border not so much, but the folks sneaking across just want jobs for approximately minimum wage, or less. So what?

4. I did the math on this a while back for another forum. The result was that gold is undervalued by several orders of magnitude for this to happen, and someone's high school class ring is worth a house, or it ain't gonna happen.

5. Florida and Utah tried this. They "caught" less than 20 people between the two states, and Utah paid for their drug treatment, and still gave them benefits.

6. Leave the children where? Are single mothers expected to pick up trash while their children do, what? Probably gov't paid for childcare - you see the problem in this, right?

7. Russia has a flat tax, as do several Eastern European states. Otherwise, it hasn't been proven to work. You don't want to live like a Russian, do you?

8. I don't know what this means.

9. Isolationism, in a global economy, simply does not work. Better to invest in education than effectively close the borders to imported goods. Make better goods, in lieu of effectively prohibiting foreign goods. Tesla makes a very nice car, for example.

10. Why? Indoctrination? It seems like you don't care for what this country has to offer, so why indoctrinate children into it?

It's easy to come up with simple solutions, but when multitudes of people are involved, it's never simple, and compromises are made, and we are where we are...

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by UncleTrail View Post
    Is this what you've been told or something you know based on experience, because most of the illegals I've worked with, side-by-side, have been pretty lazy when it comes down to it and they play by their own rules.
    My experience is the opposite.

Damn, we both can't be right, right?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by rockcrusher View Post
    Ah well Bryan will be bryan.
    If you mean a (pseudo)member of mtbr who consistently posts very good information, then you're right.

The years long vendetta is getting old.

DFMBA.org

Term limits for all Federal politicians. Yesterday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
    Please donate to IMBA or your local IMBA chapter. It's trail karma.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by MTBeing View Post
    Term limits for all Federal politicians. Yesterday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
    To the Wayback machine!

That'll certainly solve every problem

**** this ****

Always a funny topic.

As usual, those who know what's best for us must rise and save us from ourselves... or at least type like it.

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    Politicians fight to the death upon retirement for benefits

Politicians retirement to a wasteland like in Judge Dredd

banned
    Aug 2011
    If you mean a (pseudo)member of mtbr who consistently posts very good information, then you're right.

The years long vendetta is getting old.
    I've seen both, and the lazy ones are usually narcos "working" off their sentence.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by No Agenda View Post
    I've seen both, and the lazy ones are usually narcos "working" off their sentence.
    Hee he

banned
    Aug 2011
    Hee he
    It doesn't necessarily mean the they are lazy, though.

mtbr member
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by the-one1 View Post
    Politicians fight to the death upon retirement for benefits

Politicians retirement to a wasteland like in Judge Dredd
    I'm down with that. In addition, they should have a Thunderdome match every time they want to pass a bill.
    Two politicians enter, one politician leaves! The winner gets to do what s/he wants with the bill.

9 lives
    3. Secure our boarders
    8. Secure our schools

I don't mean to sound political, but I think you should stay away from the gold standard

Just saying and I do love little kittens
    F*ck Cancer

Eat your veggies

mtbr member

Double penetration.
    We're already getting that from the Democrats and the Republicans. The Tea Partyers are trying to find a hole somewhere, but so far can only get a hand job along side the Green Party types.

mtbr member
    1. Rational gerrymandering that creates districts with a mix of people so that those who run for office have to be sane.
    2. Term limits so that when the insane ones make it through the process, the damage is limited.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast