Trouser Malfunction

Cool-blue Rhythm We Are Watching -- Actual US House Bill Proposal Title

Was hearing this on the Radio during the Afternoon, so shocking, it commanded all my attention.

An Elected Official, Republican Party, in North Carolina is proposing a House Amendment to a Bill, or in fact drafted an entire new Bill for Monday's session on the Hill. Title: "WE ARE WATCHING".

...now what would have given such the dramatic-effect?? Oh yeah, some crackhead is traveling the Globe w/ WIKILEAKS keeping evry1 up to sate on his so fragile state.

This is not about Intelligence Intercepts, data-mining on Social Networks, or even the overcrowding of Jails & Prisons. And this is all my own language, nothing inserted from other sites or blogs.

A Telecom Co. had been seeking a US Patent to allow one device of their large volume of product, a Television, the capability to visually monitor its users/owners/observers. Aside from the sheer intrusion of privacy, the secondary effect in Electrical Engineering/Product Development is just staggering.

But what is the basis for it at all? Who in their consumer-driven focus groups blurted out 'let's have a TV inside everyone's house that'll allow even more encroachment of privacy, even on a boat!!?í
    Well. Dunno about the Maritime televisions but you get the gist of this.

The argument on behalf of Verizon, the flightless-birds of Patent Seekers, was that the ability to track faces, emotional behavioral patterns, just a presence by the TV would allow a benefit to any and all users. Especially some shrew of a Lawyer to represent that one guy who walks by one of these Televisions with another man's Wife.

Aside from the dynamic job-field of Intelligence here and abroad, this type of intrusion into normalcy within one's own home goes beyond this. It seeks to have viewers conform, and to in nearly all senses be controlled by another's programming. That's all that it is, one personís final design.
    I'm not going to try to be pro-active with this to suggest this was an effort to stop this being performed elsewhere, or to beat something else to Market. Common sense will tell us that this is a no-win situation brought on by the lavish doings of Technology gone astray.

What are some OC thoughts on this direction by such a large Entity?
    I like Sand -- I don't like Witches.

human dehumidifier
    It's might be new that it's proposed as a bill, but the technology has been discussed for a while for advertising purposes. Until the gov perverts it to watch you if you're on one of their **** lists.

Also, the hard part of the technology is already in your home if you have a Microsoft Kinect. Pushing the info through the wire and into the database is easy.

So, is the idea of the bill to give away the public's rights, or to protect them? tl;dlu (too lazy, didn't look up) (seems obvious to me which way they'd go though).

Aside from the dynamic job-field of Intelligence here and abroad, this type of intrusion into normalcy within one's own home goes beyond this. It seeks to have viewers conform, and to in nearly all senses be controlled by another's programming. That's all that it is, one personís final design.
    I'm not going to try to be pro-active with this to suggest this was an effort to stop this being performed elsewhere, or to beat something else to Market. Common sense will tell us that this is a no-win situation brought on by the lavish doings of Technology gone astray.
    That reads to me that the problem is someone's fee-fees got hurt because Verizon's getting exclusive rights. Boo ****ing hoo. That's not the problem. I'll throw my TV in the street before I'll knowingly give in to it.

Also, business opportunity for tech to block it.
    I may or may not be laughing at you.

banned
    Aug 2012
    If I started such a thread, I'd probably get banned for it ... So I'll just say ... In before the lock

AZ
    banned
    Kill your tv.

mtbr member

Re: We Are Watching -- Actual US House Bill Proposal Title

Invasion of privacy under the guise of ad relevance and advanced ad placements.

Xbox one is already on its way to this.

Trouser Malfunction
    Quote Originally Posted by wv_bob View Post
    It's might be new that it's proposed as a bill, but the technology has been discussed for a while for advertising purposes. Until the gov perverts it to watch you if you're on one of their **** lists.

Also, the hard part of the technology is already in your home if you have a Microsoft Kinect. Pushing the info through the wire and into the database is easy.

So, is the idea of the bill to give away the public's rights, or to protect them? tl;dlu (too lazy, didn't look up) (seems obvious to me which way they'd go though).

That reads to me that the problem is someone's fee-fees got hurt because Verizon's getting exclusive rights. Boo ****ing hoo. That's not the problem. I'll throw my TV in the street before I'll knowingly give in to it.

Also, business opportunity for tech to block it.
    No - this is a House Motion to clamp down on this type-thing.

I was aware of the subtle interaction of Home Electronics, LG's products having common alerts, some bundled Cable packages granting online-currency for watching a load of Commercials. This idea goes to the extent of manipulating time, and creating a permanent altered-state.

The Company even stated it cold be opted out of by any one purchaser, but it just as swift can lead to litigation, unwanted Court Discovery rulings, and just the creepy feeling that if I grow a full beard - I will have Dab O' Dan commercials till my eyes cross.

DirtySanchez, that's my next point.. The TV could come to life! Steal your other TV's and blame it on someTV across town.. F that!

mtbr member
    Think congress is a joke.
    Wanna fix social security or healthcare? Just put members of congress on the same plan as the public, done.
    Just makes me laugh, like when a states congressman votes against giving aid to another state for a natural disaster or whatever and at the same time represents a debtor state.
    Also think money is king so it's just a matter of time if you try to get in between that.
    It has become such a circus stage to prop themselves up for their next move it's comical. The media is part of this bs. Between the 2, for me, it seems clearer and clearer that they put up these bs talking points to hold or attention while other stuff sneaks right past. Oh, our economy might crumble over the debt ceiling, let's vote ourselves a raise and go on vacation, again. After all, their next campaign is more important, let's not fool ourselves.
    We started as a country that cared about each other, who were willing to put their families in a covered wagon and move. Now we can't ride a motorcycle without a helmet, need laws to keep bicycles off the sidewalk, etc etc and maybe it's just me, but there's so many fat selfish discussing people that feel entitled around it's amazing. And our congress reflects that perfectly.
    The divide between rich and poor is becoming greater, and closer to a braking point.
    I fear the end is near, for this thread that is
    Ibtb
    "Tortured by mental illness" ~monogod

Trouser Malfunction
    This Thread has fine-footing, it's not Political at all since it was the failed quest for a Patent which prompted a Measure on the matter.

Why not focus on the question asked RE: the technology being made as a fixture like was proposed? That's disproportionate spending, and in effect spying on locales or individuals through continued marketing and development.

Instead of Politic within this, look at it for what it is, replacing natural emotion w/ sterile conditioned responses from anonymous personalities.

Me, I don't care for it because it leads squarely to the grand scheme of human Cloning, Mutant Soldiers, and the Abyss of bloodletting.

mtbr member
    Good luck with that^, are you suggesting we don't have personalities? Or is it ok as long as it works for you?

Trouser Malfunction
    Quote Originally Posted by theMeat View Post
    Good luck with that^, are you suggesting we don't have personalities? Or is it ok as long as it works for you?
    How so? Because there's debate here it has to be put out on a heel like a Cigarette?

The recurring point was that if a Couple had an argument in front the TV then programming would change to show some kind of medicinal mood drug. Really. That's something being thought about and was placed into a Patent Application.

Think about it.

mtbr member
    No Haint, just that you started a topic about and with politics and wish for us not to make it political. It will get political and end in the bin.
    Now, for pure entertainment I will conform to your wishes. This stuff is and will happen, resistance is futile, or a pulpit for politicians.

Afric Pepperbird
    Kind of unrelated, but also a reminder, don't ever complain about your local water quality!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by daves4mtb View Post
    I don't consider discussions of human rights or civil liberties "political" in all senses of the word. They can quickly become that as most people are brainwash eyed into thinking there are two parties and one must have the viewpoint of one or the other, making every issue a red team vs blue team contest instead of just right or wrong.
    Human rights and civil liberties are two completely different things, and both completely man made perceptions. It's not as simple as saying people are brainwashed, or dismissing a position or belief as stupid, or otherwise. Red vs blue, right vs wrong?
    One man's terrorist is another man's freedom fighter.

NONDURO
    I havenít owned a television since 2003. Guess Iím doing OK. Good thing Iím not a criminal, and that I obey the local laws. Hell, Iím the only person I know who uses their turnsignals when driving since the vehicle code clearly states it is illegal not to (not to mention that Iím not psychic so I have no idea what the assclown in front of me in traffic is planning on doing.)
    QUOTE from MTBR.COM: You have given out too much Reputation in the last 24 hours, try again later.

High Desert MTBer
    Quote Originally Posted by daves4mtb View Post
    Well I agree with your last statement, but human rights/ civil liberties in my opinion are quite closely related and not man made. Even our Constitution tells us this but sadly most people think that artificial constructs like the government are the source of everything. And what if I do think people are brainwashed about the two party system? That happens to be my opinion. I have many brainwashed friends!
    It's interesting to me this question of 'Human Rights' and 'Civil Liberties'. IMO these concepts are based on support for all in our community, we are all in this together after all, and looking after our own, meaning ALL of us, will create a better environment for all. We try to create road maps for living that marry our perceptions of what is right and wrong, but as in all things we are not perfect and never will be in this world, so any constructs will be flawed in some way. Our duty to the ideals of Human Rights and Civil Liberty is to try to not allow misuse or misinterpretation of these ideals.
    It's all Here. Now.

mtbr member
    I would say you're wrong, and that I don't agree, but I'm fine with that. Let's talk about the most basic of human rights, our right to live. To live we need air, food and water. How we doing with that?
    Who determines what rights and civil liberties we have? Do people around the globe or even within our country have the same? Not man made or perception, ok.
    Anyway, back ot. Your cell phone will profile you and be used to target you with adds based on what websites you go to, music you listen to, and where you travel to. Your computer that you picked and paid for already does this for others. Your appliances talk to your electric meter, and your meter talks to the grid or soon will. To think your tv, and now smart tv won't is crazy. You can't stop tech. A hundred years ago people damned electric and autos. Not to long ago water was free and the thought of regulating or controlling it was laughed at. Now it's a bill for most, and that $ isn't going into better product.
    Last edited by theMeat; 06-24-2013 at 10:50 AM.