mtbr member
    Jan 2008

We get this email at the shop the other day

I wonder if there are enough shop guys here so that we could keep this thread going with winner emails that come to the shop?

Here's the latest one we got...

Hello

This is _____ _____, i will like to know if you do repair bicycle in your shop and do you accept credit cards for payment, can i speak with the owner or the manager actually ? I just relocated from my old house in Maryland, USA down to your city 3 days ago and am having 10 bicycles to repair. Now i want you to forward me your shop address while i send it to the shipping company that will deliver the 10 bicycles to your shop for the repair. And i will be giving you my credit card to charge for the deposit fee of $500 then when the brings in the bicycles to your shop, you can give me the exact total calculation for the repair.

Basically i just moved in to your city now and i am at the hospital right now because i was down with a diagnosis of cancer of the lungs as such i had to spend some time in the intensive care,so i want to do the repair arrangement for the bicycles and after completing the payment with my credit card, so that i can contact my private delivery shipper in Maryland, USA to move those bicycles down to your shop for the repair as soon as possible, so let me know if you can handle that for me.

Thanks.
    _____ _____.

mtbr member
    Seems legit, MD is in the USA so the info. is correct.

King of Middle Earth
    spammer/scammer, click "spam" in your email account for this message.
    fee-fy-fo-fum...

thread crapper
    Feb 2008
    I get those all the time. I'll try to remember to post one up next time. I usually just delete them and move on. I prefer the ones where they're trapped in foreign country X and they've been robbed and need money to get home. I got one from a friend like that recently after his account got hacked. I replied and told him to get his lazy butt to work.

Front Range, Colorado
    When ever I post an add on craigslist I get those as well. Scammers!

Here is an example: I posted a steeringwheel that fits a very rare musclecar. I advertised it for $650 and a lady responds saying she is out of the country but would like to buy it for her grand daughter. She then says she will have a company pick it up,and give me a cashiers check.

I responded telling her that I reported her scam to the F.B.I. and I never heard from her again.

I knew for one it was a scam because what grandmother buys a steeringwheel for a rare musclecar for her grandaughter.
    Last edited by DIRTJUNKIE; 06-05-2013 at 01:37 PM.
    --------- __o
    ------- _`\<,_
    ------ (*)/ (*)
    ************^^^^^^^^^Rock Garden

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by DIRTJUNKIE View Post
    I knew for one it was a scam because what grandmother buys a steeringwheel for a rare musclecar for her grandaughter.
    Grannies that kick ass!

thread crapper
    Feb 2008
    Here's one I got this morning.

I really hope you get this fast. I could not inform everyone about my trip to Manila,Philippines for a program because it was impromptu. The program was successful, but my journey has turned sour I was mugged at gun point and all my valuables were stolen (cash, credit cards and phone, where I went for sightseeing before leaving to the airport since my return flight is in few hours. Luckily I had my passport in my hotel room to get me home.

It's was a terrible experience. I need your help financially to get back home, I need to settle some outstanding hotel bills and also take a cab to the airport. I have contacted my bank, but the best they can do is to mail a new card which will take 2 to 3 days to get here.

Western Union Transfer is the fastest option to wire the funds to me.All i need right now is ($2,600.00 USD) but will appreciate whatsoever you can afford to loan me right now.Please let me know if you can help me out? I promise to make the immediate refund when i get home.

mtbr member
    it wasn't email but a phone call. someone asking for directions...insisting that "north" was always to his right.

customer needs a big saddle for his "fat-ass" wife. I ask jokingly how wide an ass? He explains his guage by putting his hands palms down on his face.
    don't sweat the petty things & don't pet the sweaty things

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    Hello OC of the USA, part of MTBR of the USA. I'm am recently relocated here from the general discussion forum of the MTBR, USA. I would like to send each member of the OC, USA, one cheap kitchen unit from London or Leeds. All you have to do is send me your address, and a check for the cost of shipping the cheap kitchen unit from London or Leeds to your address in the USA. Also, please include any coupons to Dominoes pizza, USA, you might have lying around.
    You're so cute internet tough guy. Noogie...Noogie...Noogie.