Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Vaccinations

thread crapper
    Feb 2008

Vaccinations

I keep seeing articles online about people saying they'll sue other people if their kid (A) gets sick because another kid (B) had parents that chose not to vaccinate them. If A is vaccinated, how does it get whatever B has?

I have an infant at home and he's been vaccinated, so I don't understand how he can get measles or whatnot if he's been vaccinated against it. I don't buy into the whole autism is caused by vaccines thing as the guy that wrote the first article admitted, and has been sued several times, that he made stuff up or doctored his results.

Why do people choose not to vaccinate at this point? How does my kid get sick if he has been vaccinated? Do they not work? Are the vaccines not up to date with the disease? Are the vaccines on v1.0 and the disease at v4.2?

Front Range, Colorado
    You just opened up a Can- O -Worms.
    ----------- __o
    --------- _`\<,_
    BRAAP(>)/ (*)
    ************^^^^^^Rock Garden
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qqpcBpSsj1A

mtbr member
    People say a lot of things, most have little basis in realty.. The jury may be out on the whole Autism/vaccine connection but there are health risks in giving vaccinations.. Personally I don't like having to vaccinate my kids because of an epidemic that is fueled by Iv drug use. (hepatitis b)
    When you've seen someone rupture their scrotum on a bike you won't take the standards for top tube clearance lightly!

thread crapper
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by DIRTJUNKIE View Post
    You just opened up a Can- O -Worms.
    I know. I needed to stir the **** pot.

I didn't do it
    Quote Originally Posted by RossJamis View Post
    People say a lot of things, most have little basis in realty.. The jury may be out on the whole Autism/vaccine connection but there are health risks in giving vaccinations.. Personally I don't like having to vaccinate my kids because of an epidemic that is fueled by Iv drug use. (hepatitis b)
    What about measles?

thread crapper
    Feb 2008
    I've worked with a few guys that had Hep B. One got it from a dirty heroin needle, another from a trip to Tijuana, the third, he never could figure it out. If it keeps my kid from getting it, and I've gotten mine, I'm ok with it.

Oh, the huge-meh-nity
    Aug 2013
    Get the feeling most of the real negative press has more to do with the way the the big pharma works... or doesn't.

AZ
    banned
    Quote Originally Posted by nwbikur View Post
    What about measles?

Or stupidity? There is one that needs to be developed, STAT!

fresh fish in stock...... SuperModerator
    jury is not out on the whole autism linked thing - the studies have been absolutely proven without a doubt to be absolutely fake to the point of complete redaction of studies and punishment for the original author....who has/may face criminal charges for accepting $$ from special interest group to publish false data.

Concerning the health risks involved - they are so minor compared to what an outbreak has on society as to be laughable....yet there are people who want DEET banned because of potential seizures...which rate is only about one per 100 million users (mosquitoes spread disease rampantly).

People are dumb....and people who listen to Jenny McCarthy about medical issues are dumber.

This all coming from a guy whose 2 year old son was exposed to Pertussis in preschool by a parents kid who thought vaccinations were 'dangerous' for their precious ****ing snowflake. I had a then 6 week old daughter at home....who would be a prime candidate for whooping cough as she was not old enough for vaccinations.

Oh, and the Hep B vaccine - roughly 25% of all cases are of children getting it....it's not just an IV bug - Hep B is insanely infectious and easily spread.

BUT - I am 100% all for parents to choose....just don't allow non-vaccinated kids in public schools or sports programs....

Here's a Northern California uber wealthy/educated county who is all ass backward...and I believe has the countries highest outbreak rates for some easily preventable diseases:
    Number of Marin children without vaccinations continues to grow; health officials worried - San Jose Mercury News

Edit: California recently has had the highest Whooping Cough outbreak since 1947....all because of this dimwit comedienne wanting to blame her kidlets problems on someone else...
    Visit these 2 places to help advance trail access:
    http://www.sharingthepct.org/
    http://www.facebook.com/SharingThePct

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by CHUM View Post
    Oh, and the Hep B vaccine - roughly 25% of all cases are of children getting it....it's not just an IV bug - Hep B is insanely infectious and easily spread.

Sorry but nooooo Hep B can only be spread through Iv drug use (or other blood to blood transmission), sexual contact or Mother to infant transmission. It is not easily spread whatsoever.
    When you've seen someone rupture their scrotum on a bike you won't take the standards for top tube clearance lightly!

Sorry but nooooo Hep B can only be spread through Iv drug, use sexual contact or Mother to infant transmission. It is not easily spread whatsoever.
    wrong - the hepatitis B virus can be spread by infectious blood and body fluids, and not solely through sexual contact or IV drug use (sharing dirty needles).

How often do you tend to little kids scrapes, dings, cuts?

Hep B infects 1.25 million people in the U.S...and roughly 25%+ of those are children.

EIT: just read this from WHO:
    WHO | Hepatitis B

or go to the CDC, or any other reputable scientific group...not some parenting forums...

mtbr member
    wrong - the hepatitis B virus can be spread by infectious blood and body fluids, and not solely through sexual contact or IV drug use (sharing dirty needles).

How often do you tend to little kids scrapes, dings, cuts?

Hep B infect 1.25 million people...and roughly 25%+ of those are children.

EIT: just read this from WHO:
    WHO | Hepatitis B

or go to the CDC, or any other reputable scientific group...not some parenting forums...
    Bodily fluids meaning sexual, it is not contracted through saliva, or mucous or tears. .. Your going way out on a limb.. The kids that are infected are from parents who are infected.. It is not highly contagious.. It is not spread through casual contact period. Attending to cuts and scrapes is no way a risk because how many kids are attending to other kids scrapes? Lets dig a little deeper to try and rationalize the whole highly contagious statement.

AZ
    banned
    Bodily fluids meaning sexual, it is not contracted through saliva, or mucous or tears. .. Your going way out on a limb.. The kids that are infected are from parents who are infected.. It is not highly contagious.. It is not spread through casual contact period. Attending to cuts and scrapes is no way a risk because how many kids are attending to other kids scrapes? Lets did a little deeper to try and rationalize the whole highly contagious statement.

Wrong. Not just wrong but foolishly wrong. Denial is not a river in Egypt.

Bodily fluids meaning sexual, it is not contracted through saliva, or mucous or tears. .. Your going way out on a limb.. The kids that are infected are from parents who are infected.. It is not highly contagious.. It is not spread through casual contact period. Attending to cuts and scrapes is no way a risk because how many kids are attending to other kids scrapes? Lets did a little deeper to try and rationalize the whole highly contagious statement.
    clearly you don't have kids....or they live in bubblewrap.

But hey, you don't want to vaccinate your future precious snowflake from an easily preventable chronic condition - your call.

what's that saying?? you can't fix [??]

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirty $anchez View Post
    Wrong. Not just wrong but foolishly wrong. Denial is not a river in Egypt.
    Yep of course.. Heres a clip from the CDC How is Hepatitis B spread?
    Hepatitis B is usually spread when blood, semen,
    or other body fluids from a person infected with the
    Hepatitis B virus enter the body of someone who
    is not infected. This can happen through sexual
    contact with an infected person or sharing needles,
    syringes, or other injection drug equipment.
    Hepatitis B can also be passed from an infected
    mother to her baby at birth.
    Hepatitis B is
    not
    spread through breastfeeding,
    sharing eating utensils, hugging, kissing, holding
    hands, coughing, or sneezing. Unlike some forms of hepatitis,
    Hepatitis B is also not spread by contaminated food or wate
    r.

http://www.cdc.gov/hepatitis/HBV/PDF...lFactSheet.pdf
    I'm sorry believe what you want.

Yep of course.. Heres a clip from the CDC How is Hepatitis B spread?
    Hepatitis B is usually spread when blood, semen,
    or other body fluids from a person infected with the
    Hepatitis B virus enter the body of someone who
    is not infected. This can happen through sexual
    contact with an infected person or sharing needles,
    syringes, or other injection drug equipment.
    Hepatitis B can also be passed from an infected
    mother to her baby at birth.
    Hepatitis B is
    not
    spread through breastfeeding,
    sharing eating utensils, hugging, kissing, holding
    hands, coughing, or sneezing. Unlike some forms of hepatitis,
    Hepatitis B is also not spread by contaminated food or wate
    r.

http://www.cdc.gov/hepatitis/HBV/PDF...lFactSheet.pdf

I'm sorry believe what you want.
    And also from the CDC:
    CDC - Hepatitis B Fact Sheet for Parents - Vaccines
    Hepatitis B spreads through blood or other body fluids that contain small amounts of blood of an infected person. People can spread the virus even when they have no symptoms.

Babies and children can get hepatitis B in the following ways:

At birth from their infected mother.
    From bites from an infected person.
    By touching open cuts or sores of an infected person.
    Through sharing toothbrushes or other personal items used by an infected person.
    From food that was chewed (for a baby) by an infected person.
    From ear piercing needles that were not cleaned well.
    The virus can live on objects for 7 days or more. Even if you donít see any blood, there could be virus on an object.
    why do you think people are so damn wary of finding a discarded needle in public? The **** lives on stuff for a long freaking time...and it only takes 1..tiny...poke.

mtbr member
    clearly you don't have kids....or they live in bubblewrap.

But hey, you don't want to vaccinate your future precious snowflake from an easily preventable chronic condition - your call.

what's that saying?? you can't fix [??]
    Yea and arrogance and ignorance are poor bedfellows.. You cant back up your claim that it is highly contagious so you drag out ridiculous examples of treating some child's boo boos.. I do have children and I also have worked with Iv drug users for decades many whom were infected with Hep B or Hiv Even if I have Hiv and I spread it to my child while treating said boo boo that in no way puts other children at risk following the illogic of your ridiculous scenario. Just to be clear I have worked with drug addicts since 1984 and somehow I have managed to never contract this highly contagious illness. Nor have I felt the need to get vaccinated. But somehow my kids are so likely to contract it while they are at school that we have to be forced to immunize against it. Believe what you want, if it makes you more comfortable then do it.

official eMpTyBRain
    Quote Originally Posted by Shytie View Post
    I keep seeing articles online about people saying they'll sue other people if their kid (A) gets sick because another kid (B) had parents that chose not to vaccinate them. If A is vaccinated, how does it get whatever B has?

I have an infant at home and he's been vaccinated, so I don't understand how he can get measles or whatnot if he's been vaccinated against it. I don't buy into the whole autism is caused by vaccines thing as the guy that wrote the first article admitted, and has been sued several times, that he made stuff up or doctored his results.

Why do people choose not to vaccinate at this point? How does my kid get sick if he has been vaccinated? Do they not work? Are the vaccines not up to date with the disease? Are the vaccines on v1.0 and the disease at v4.2?
    Ridiculous! Damned if you do, damned if you don't. I am pro-vaccination, myself.
    ...and proud member of the anti-sock puppet desolation

official eMpTyBRain
    Yea and arrogance and ignorance are poor bedfellows.. You cant back up your claim that it is highly contagious so you drag out ridiculous examples of treating some child's boo boos.. I do have children and I also have worked with Iv drug users for decades many whom were infected with Hep B or Hiv Even if I have Hiv and I spread it to my child while treating said boo boo that in no way puts other children at risk following the illogic of your ridiculous scenario. Just to be clear I have worked with drug addicts since 1984 and somehow I have managed to never contract this highly contagious illness. Nor have I felt the need to get vaccinated. But somehow my kids are so likely to contract it while they are at school that we have to be forced to immunize against it. Believe what you want, if it makes you more comfortable then do it.
    It all adds up to this. Would you eat off the same utensils, drink off the same glass, bite off the same sandwich as someone who was positively diagnosed with Hep B who clearly had open soars on their lips if they offered their food or drink to you?

Yes or no, please.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawg View Post
    It all adds up to this. Would you eat off the same utensils, drink off the same glass, bite off the same sandwich as someone who was positively diagnosed with Hep B who clearly had open soars on their lips if they offered their food or drink to you?

Yes or no, please.
    Actually what it adds up to is trying to move away from the hypothetical scenarios and stick to the facts.. Which are that the disease is not highly contagious and your child is not at a high risk of contracting Hep B while at school.

check your six
    Whoa... real serious in here.. I have refused any sort of shot/preventitive treatment for about 20 years (outside of tetanus). I have no real reason outside of the fact that the shots usually hurt and make me sick afterwards. So, if I am going to get sick with the flu,from the flu shot, I may as well forgo the punishment of getting sick. However, I have not gotten the flu nor a bad cold since I stopped getting the shots. I even took disciplinary paperwork while in the military for refusing the shots. But, I have no children and I can see the concern for illness as a parent. So basicially disregard everything I said.
    "We can always find excuses if we want to find them, but if we really want to do something, we have to just go."

Vaccinations

Oh...so you are not vaccinated for hep b and you have never been tested right???

I mean, since hep b is SO hard to get right? And since you have decades of direct contact right?

official eMpTyBRain
    Actually what it adds up to is trying to move away from the hypothetical scenarios and stick to the facts.. Which are that the disease is not highly contagious and your child is not at a high risk of contracting Hep B while at school.
    Understood, but I asked you a simple question. Please answer it with a simple reply of yes or no.

mtbr member
    Hawg if there was no such disease as Hepatitis A,B or C I would not take a drink from anyone with open sores on their mouth.

official eMpTyBRain
    Hawg if there was no such disease as Hepatitis A,B or C I would not take a drink from anyone with open sores on their mouth.
    I already knew that would be your answer before you ever said. Self preservation tops everything else.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast