Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    mtbr member

Wink UPS /FedEx taking a beating

Frustration, support for workers on social media over delivery delays* - TODAY.com

Good Gawd…….

Funny my shock was shipped from PUSH Industries in Colorado (I live in So Cal) on 12-23-13. It is scheduled to arrive “on time” Jan 30th. 7 days for 1K miles?? I thought to myself WTH? Then I read the article and it makes sense now. No big deal for me but it was for those that didn’t get their packages for Xmas.

On a side note I ordered a light on ebay from China for my son and it took 7 days to get to my door

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

UPS /FedEx taking a beating

I just ordered some pedals from chain reaction 3 weeks ago. They made it to my door in Arizona from Belfast in 2 business days

I'm your density
    We had one gift casualty of the UPS delays (ordered from Amazon but not available on Prime). No biggie, although something else I ordered within a few days of that from the U.K. made it on 12/24.
    "Two wrongs don't make a right, but three rights make a left."
    — Ty Webb

official eMpTyBRain
    They screwed up this Holiday Season. Couldn't handle the volume. Some Christmas presents are arriving late this year because of them.
    ...and proud member of the anti-sock puppet desolation

duh
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawg View Post
    They screwed up this Holiday Season. Couldn't handle the volume. Some Christmas presents are arriving late this year because of them.
    They won't be arriving late this year, they will be early for next year.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tone's View Post
    the big aussie rep bomb is comin your way

Cleavage Of The Tetons
    Jan 2004
    Shop local, and this doesn't happen. Or order well in advance.
    "We LOVE cows! They make trails for us.....

And then we eat them."

Sweat is just fat crying.

Boo focking hoo. Americans are so damn spoiled. I have no empathy for any of those people, unless they were waiting for an ice chest with an organ in it.
    Mountain Biking Is Not A Crime stickers, free! (You pay postage. PM me for details.)

AZ
    banned
    Dog forbid someone gets a package late. Pathetic first world problems.

Sockaholic
    Oct 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Finch Platte View Post

Boo focking hoo. Americans are so damn spoiled. I have no empathy for any of those people, unless they were waiting for an ice chest with an organ in it.
    A Hammond B-3? Must be a pretty big ice chest.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by AZ View Post
    Dog forbid someone gets a package late. Pathetic first world problems.
    In the grand scheme of things it is nothing. However people paid for a level of service that was not provided. Also it sounds like they haven't been treating their employees very well.

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    My neighbor is UPS guy and was on his route until 10:30 xmas eve. That is not acceptable to me.

High Desert MTBer
    Quote Originally Posted by jonshonda View Post
    My neighbor is UPS guy and was on his route until 10:30 xmas eve. That is not acceptable to me.
    Perhaps it was acceptable for him?
    It's all Here. Now.

High Desert MTBer
    I like this from the story:

"#UPSfail #FEDEXfail They didn’t get your package to you by Xmas. Next year, shop earlier, Xmas is always Dec 25. How can it sneak up on you?"

There's another comment from a UPS employee who says we have no idea what goes on inside that brown truck... I am not sure I want to know... I have little sympathy for either side on this. The workers probably get paid overtime, or do people work for nothing now? People who have to wait for their gifts?! Really?!? Is that such a fukkin hardship?
    It's all Here. Now.

I worked for Fed Ex home delivery for two Christmas seasons.

Worst

Job

EVER!!!!!

UPS drivers are hourly. They get crushed during the peak season, but at least have bennies and get compensated for their time. Fed EX express are also hourly employees.

Fed Ex ground and Fed Ex home delivery drivers are "contractors" for Fed Ex. One guy will own a few routes and pay his drivers a flat daily rate. The drivers are required to load their own truck starting at 6am. If they are lucky, they hit first stop around 10am. Rule of thumb for the drivers is to hold a 20 stop an hour pace. If you have 160 stops and never break for food and hold that pace..... you will only have 20-30 stops to go when it gets dark. God forbid a stop takes longer than 5 min, it rains, you FIND the drop location, but cant locate the box in the truck, etc.....

My worst day in those two seasons was a 6am to 10:30pm Christmas eve shift. I was paid $140 for the day. That night, i was screamed at and called an ******* several times in the last 20 stops for "almost ruining Christmas".

Complain about the company by all means..... pity the drivers.
    "Bigring, that's deep. ...Well, I suspect it is. I didn't read it."

gobsmacked Moderator
    Apr 2008

UPS /FedEx taking a beating

Quote Originally Posted by jonshonda View Post
    Maybe start a new thread and complain about it? I used to work holidays and loved it. Double pay! Woo hoo! It's nice to know that others found it unacceptable.
    Wanted: WTB rollercams and brake bridges

mtbr member
    Jun 2013
    If you paid to have something delivered by a certain date froma shipping company who also claim to specialize in logistics, then yes this is a big deal. UPS has been delivering late since thanksgiving in my area, so i would think they would ramp up their operations accordingly since they take on contractors during this time of the year anyway. They lost one of my packages and they werent even answering their phones when i tried to call. For global shipping company, that's definitely major failure in my book.

mtbr member
    I pity the workers, and I'm not too upset about late packages. However, when you pay extra to get 2 day shipping, and it takes 4 days to arrive, I kinda want my $8 back.
    You're so cute internet tough guy. Noogie...Noogie...Noogie.

Sweat is just fat crying.
    Quote Originally Posted by norton55 View Post
    A Hammond B-3? Must be a pretty big ice chest.
    Keith Emerson on "The Late Show with David Letterman" (1986) - YouTube
    Mountain Biking Is Not A Crime stickers, free! (You pay postage. PM me for details.)

Flaccid Member
    I tipped my UPS truck drive $40 for Christmas, about a week before Christmas, and we didn't have any packages coming the last week. My packages almost always arrive on time, no problem tracking them on line. UPS takes good care of me. Probably helps that he rides a couple of road bikes, and sees me wrenching on my mountain bikes or in route to riding them in riding gear from time to time.
    "i'll brazilian when YOU do boy, right around the ol' rusty star. Actually, whole fruit bowl. Get on it!" NicoleB

mtbr member
    Sep 2010
    With employment opportunities stagnating, employers are now in a position to pressure their employees to do more for the same wage, or even a lower one. I don't know if that's the issue with UPS, but for a lot of workers, the fear of losing their jobs and not being able to find another that will earn enough to pay their basic bills is driving them to accept whatever their bosses ask, or offer.

It doesn't help that Congress has just given the long-term unemployed a little post-X-Mas gift. No more benefits for YOU, slacker!
    Re-Cycled Person who rides a mountain bicycle.

I'm your density
    I do wonder how much the "late" Thanksgiving had to do with this.
    "Two wrongs don't make a right, but three rights make a left."
    — Ty Webb

Redcoat
    Awww jewellery, clothes and other material objects didnt make it in time because people are idiots and didnt bank on more volume and were careless enough to order last minute.

still, i bet they managed to stuff their fat faces whilst sat in a warm house whilst others sat on the streets freezing to death with no food, healthcare or family.

my heart f*cking bleeds. GTFO

Flaccid Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Ray View Post
    With employment opportunities stagnating, employers are now in a position to pressure their employees to do more for the same wage, or even a lower one. I don't know if that's the issue with UPS, but for a lot of workers, the fear of losing their jobs and not being able to find another that will earn enough to pay their basic bills is driving them to accept whatever their bosses ask, or offer.

It doesn't help that Congress has just given the long-term unemployed a little post-X-Mas gift. No more benefits for YOU, slacker!
    False... No one owes you a job. Produce something yourself, start your own business, compete against other businesses. Again No one owes you a job, lose that mentality. Survival of the fittest, always.
    "i'll brazilian when YOU do boy, right around the ol' rusty star. Actually, whole fruit bowl. Get on it!" NicoleB

mtbr member
    Sep 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Boyonadyke View Post
    False... No one owes you a job. Produce something yourself, start your own business, compete against other businesses. Again No one owes you a job, lose that mentality. Survival of the fittest, always.
    No need to worry about me. I got mine, son. Just go on worrying about #1.
    Re-Cycled Person who rides a mountain bicycle.

mtbr member
    Jun 2013
    My replacement package was supposed to finally get here but its been delayed yet again until monday. I bought these parts at the beginning of the month. I definitely don't blame the employees at all since the buck stops with the people running the company, but people have every right to be pissed if they paid for a service that did not do what it was supposed to do.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast