Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 14 ... LastLast
Results 76 to 100 of 417
  1. #76
    mtbr member
    Reputation: CrippledOld Guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    48
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffscott View Post
    Really so you gonna shoot the squirrel, the drag your sorry ass over to the squirrel, then pick it up.

    You will also of course gather the kindiling and fire wood while slithering around on the ground....

    If it is any sort of a real break femur or a tib/fib you will be immobilized.

    Yeah just ride with a friend or two makes a lot better sense.
    If your life is in danger you will move, reguardless of the injury. I know this from personal experience. I crawled a quarter of a mile to safety.
    And yes, I am on my way to an ass kickin contest

  2. #77
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    1,418
    Quote Originally Posted by qbert2000 View Post
    so killer squirrels????
    Congratulations on your ability to read.
    2014 S-Works Epic WC
    2014 S-Works Crux Disc
    2014 Surly Pugsley

  3. #78
    mtbr member
    Reputation: qbert2000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    3,185
    Quote Originally Posted by irishpitbull View Post
    Congratulations on your ability to read.

    congratulations on your ability to take a joke

  4. #79
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    1,418
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffscott View Post
    Really so you gonna shoot the squirrel, the drag your sorry ass over to the squirrel, then pick it up.

    You will also of course gather the kindiling and fire wood while slithering around on the ground....

    If it is any sort of a real break femur or a tib/fib you will be immobilized.

    Yeah just ride with a friend or two makes a lot better sense.
    When your faced with surviving or dieing the human can do amazing things. lets remember the guy that cut his own arm off and walked many miles to survive.
    2014 S-Works Epic WC
    2014 S-Works Crux Disc
    2014 Surly Pugsley

  5. #80
    mtbr member
    Reputation: qbert2000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    3,185
    Quote Originally Posted by irishpitbull View Post
    When your faced with surviving or dieing the human can do amazing things. lets remember the guy that cut his own arm off and walked many miles to survive.
    too bad he didn't have a gun, would have been way quicker shooting his arm off rather than cutting it off with his pocket knife

  6. #81
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    1,418
    Quote Originally Posted by qbert2000 View Post
    too bad he didn't have a gun, would have been way quicker shooting his arm off rather than cutting it off with his pocket knife
    It would have been. Plus he would have better defense against the zombie killer squirrels.

    Saying zombie killer squirrels expresses more of joke then just killer squirrels.
    2014 S-Works Epic WC
    2014 S-Works Crux Disc
    2014 Surly Pugsley

  7. #82
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    3,094
    Quote Originally Posted by CrippledOld Guy View Post
    I'm fine with you having a different opinion on our constitutional right, the defintion of the second ammendment, or tire tread design, but why do you feel compelled to belittle the town I live in? As I said in a previous post "I've paid dearly for this right" From the HOOD, Thx
    Sorry, you guys deserve better down there - I've actually lived in worse 'hoods. I do think it's a sad world we live in when people such as yourself feel they need military style weapons for defense.

  8. #83
    mtbr member
    Reputation: qbert2000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    3,185
    Quote Originally Posted by irishpitbull View Post
    It would have been. Plus he would have better defense against the zombie killer squirrels.

    Saying zombie killer squirrels expresses more of joke then just killer squirrels.
    maybe rapid zombie killer squirrels then. let's take it up a notch

  9. #84
    mtbr member
    Reputation: CrippledOld Guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    48
    According to the Mayans, this debate will become a mute point in 4 days!
    And yes, I am on my way to an ass kickin contest

  10. #85
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    1,418
    Quote Originally Posted by qbert2000 View Post
    maybe rapid zombie killer squirrels then. let's take it up a notch
    You 1up'ed me. OK, rapid zombie killer squirrels with lasers. Sh1T just got real.
    2014 S-Works Epic WC
    2014 S-Works Crux Disc
    2014 Surly Pugsley

  11. #86
    mtbr member
    Reputation: qbert2000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    3,185
    Quote Originally Posted by irishpitbull View Post
    You 1up'ed me. OK, rapid zombie killer squirrels with lasers. Sh1T just got real.
    apid zombie killer squirrels with lasers from space!

  12. #87
    Bicyclochondriac.
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    13,095
    Quote Originally Posted by SV11 View Post
    This kind of attitude is you're (USA's) biggest downfall. Do you realize, no, I mean do you FARKN realize there have been 90 school shootings (1996-2012) in the US? Do you realize because of your faked up rights that 231 children and teachers have lost their lives? Keep that mentality and that number of school shootings is going to rise and rise. A lot of people seem to value the right to bear arms more than their children, time to grow up, and this is coming from someone who works with a gun for a living. It's the non criminals who are the ones farking up, by not securing them. How the fark do children have access to guns?

    I just saw something disturbing on the news, guns sales in the US has gone up considerably since the shooting, lol, so now there are even more guns in circulation, in the hands of unresponsible owners.
    Seriously, I think you need to learn more about the nuances of the discussion going on in the US before you start going off on someone who basically agrees with you

    You are confusing "supporting people's right to own guns" with the NRA / gun industry agenda. While these overlap in some areas, there are NOT the same thing.

    You have let the NRA frame the discussion going on here for you, and are reacting to THEIR narrative.

    IMO, gun ownership rights are perfectly compatible with many sensible, reasonable gun regulation measures to reduce gun violence. The NRA always opposes such measures if there is any chance that it will result in fewer gun sales.
    15mm is a second-best solution to a problem that was already solved.

  13. #88
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    3,094
    Quote Originally Posted by kapusta View Post
    Seriously, I think you need to learn more about the nuances of the discussion going on in the US before you start going off on someone who basically agrees with you

    You are confusing "supporting people's right to own guns" with the NRA / gun industry agenda. While these overlap in some areas, there are NOT the same thing.

    You have let the NRA frame the discussion going on here for you, and are reacting to THEIR narrative.

    IMO, gun ownership rights are perfectly compatible with many sensible, reasonable gun regulation measures to reduce gun violence. The NRA always opposes such measures if there is any chance that it will result in fewer gun sales.
    Oddly the NRA used to support gun laws in the old days including the ban on machine guns enacted during the first part of the 20th century.

    They actually remind of labor unions in someways - both are only focused on self preservation and no longer even care about members or the reality of the world around them. This horrible event does seem to have weakened the grip a bit. We have "NRA grade A" politicians now looking at gun control again.

  14. #89
    Prophet 27.5 Joy
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    46
    Every single one of you has missed the mark.

    Ban this, ban that. Utter foolishness.

    This tragedy and every other senseless act of violence is what happens when a nation turns it's back on God.

    Man's arrogance that he can fix all things is the very root of the problem. Only if/when every person finally comes the the understanding that they cannot do it alone, and surrender to God will things ever change. If you follow His rules and His commandments, no one gets hurt.

    Look it up. There is a cool collection of 66 books on the subject, all between one cover. It goes by a simple name- The Bible.

    Go ahead and tear me up. But this is one argument that you will lose- in the end. Just wait and see.

  15. #90
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    751
    It should be called a media festival, not a school yard shooting. The media just loves this sort of atrocity happening.

    By the way, 10 schoolgirls aged between 9-13 who were collecting firewood, were killed by a landmine or a roadside bomb in Afghanistan yesterday. They got a 10 second mention on the news.

    Also, a number of children were killed in Kurdistan yesterday in a bomb blast ... but these kids don't matter?

    How dare these other school kids who were murdered interrupt the real news.

    Warren.

  16. #91
    Bicyclochondriac.
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    13,095
    Quote Originally Posted by VERTIGO2 View Post
    Every single one of you has missed the mark.

    Ban this, ban that. Utter foolishness.

    This tragedy and every other senseless act of violence is what happens when a nation turns it's back on God.

    Man's arrogance that he can fix all things is the very root of the problem. Only if/when every person finally comes the the understanding that they cannot do it alone, and surrender to God will things ever change. If you follow His rules and His commandments, no one gets hurt.

    Look it up. There is a cool collection of 66 books on the subject, all between one cover. It goes by a simple name- The Bible.

    Go ahead and tear me up. But this is one argument that you will lose- in the end. Just wait and see.
    How ironic that you identify "arrogance" as the problem in a post that pushes the arrogance meter far beyond anything posted so far
    15mm is a second-best solution to a problem that was already solved.

  17. #92
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    1,333
    Thank Ronal Reagan and George Bush Jr. Reagan cut the hell out of mental health care and Bush ended the assault weapon's ban.
    agmtb

  18. #93
    mtbr member
    Reputation: mfisher1971's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    419
    Quote Originally Posted by VERTIGO2 View Post
    This tragedy and every other senseless act of violence is what happens when a nation turns it's back on God.
    How, exactly, has our nation turned its back on "God"?

    Your God made the boy responsible for this tragedy, right? Made the mental illness he suffered from? That mental illness obviously made it impossible for him to rationalize right from wrong, good vs. evil, etc.

    Quote Originally Posted by VERTIGO2 View Post
    Look it up. There is a cool collection of 66 books on the subject, all between one cover. It goes by a simple name- The Bible.

    Go ahead and tear me up. But this is one argument that you will lose- in the end. Just wait and see.
    ...except there have been several versions of that book throughout the ages. Translations, revisions, exceptions, redactions...

    There's no way to argue anything about religion. You can't win. You can't lose. If you believe it, it's true. Regardless of any evidence, or lack of evidence. There's absolutely no way of proving or disproving any of it. It's like arguing with someone about their favorite color.
    trust the tread

    '06 Cannondale Prophet 1000
    '07 Bianchi Roger

  19. #94
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    1,418
    Quote Originally Posted by abegold View Post
    Thank Ronal Reagan and George Bush Jr. Reagan cut the hell out of mental health care and Bush ended the assault weapon's ban.
    Yes, now it is the Prez fault because the parents didn't get their son the help he needed.
    2014 S-Works Epic WC
    2014 S-Works Crux Disc
    2014 Surly Pugsley

  20. #95
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    3,094
    Quote Originally Posted by Wild Wassa View Post
    It should be called a media festival, not a school yard shooting. The media just loves this sort of atrocity happening.

    By the way, 10 schoolgirls aged between 9-13 who were collecting firewood, were killed by a landmine or a roadside bomb in Afghanistan yesterday. They got a 10 second mention on the news.

    Also, a number of children were killed in Kurdistan yesterday in a bomb blast ... but these kids don't matter?

    How dare these other school kids who were murdered interrupt the real news.

    Warren.
    This are indeed sad and there are lots of other sad events happening daily around the world. But, there is something about an event that happens in your own backyard that is somehow more immediate.

  21. #96
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    3,094
    Quote Originally Posted by VERTIGO2 View Post
    Every single one of you has missed the mark.

    Ban this, ban that. Utter foolishness.

    This tragedy and every other senseless act of violence is what happens when a nation turns it's back on God.

    Man's arrogance that he can fix all things is the very root of the problem. Only if/when every person finally comes the the understanding that they cannot do it alone, and surrender to God will things ever change. If you follow His rules and His commandments, no one gets hurt.

    Look it up. There is a cool collection of 66 books on the subject, all between one cover. It goes by a simple name- The Bible.

    Go ahead and tear me up. But this is one argument that you will lose- in the end. Just wait and see.
    Are Iran and Afghanistan pretty safe places? They really do defer to "god" in those places. Lots of other secular counties with lower crime then the U.S.

    Which god should govern us, the Pope's god or the Morman's god (that lives on another planet)? Which version of the bible, the original where Jesus was a punk rock trouble maker and married or the catholic version that turned his wife into a whore to belittle women and made the savor into a milk toast martyr? I bet many of the victims were god fearing, why did god take them?

  22. #97
    mtbr member
    Reputation: qbert2000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    3,185
    Quote Originally Posted by VERTIGO2 View Post
    Every single one of you has missed the mark.

    Ban this, ban that. Utter foolishness.

    This tragedy and every other senseless act of violence is what happens when a nation turns it's back on God.

    Man's arrogance that he can fix all things is the very root of the problem. Only if/when every person finally comes the the understanding that they cannot do it alone, and surrender to God will things ever change. If you follow His rules and His commandments, no one gets hurt.

    Look it up. There is a cool collection of 66 books on the subject, all between one cover. It goes by a simple name- The Bible.

    Go ahead and tear me up. But this is one argument that you will lose- in the end. Just wait and see.
    it's so awesome that you actually ride a cannondale prophet.

    surprised it took this long for god to make an appearance here, i don't agree with your post one iota, but god bless

  23. #98
    mtbr member
    Reputation: F.N.G's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    1,355
    Quote Originally Posted by qbert2000 View Post
    but sadly, gun ownership and rights is just another form of religion. the believers won't listen to blasphemy denying their god, so ultimately, arguing about it is pointless despite the evidence (multiple school shootings) right in front of people.

    Merry "Christ"mas to you!!!

  24. #99
    mtbr member
    Reputation: mudhen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    183
    I am a gun owner, but have never really delved deeply into the gun control issue.

    I was taught in law school to apply the facts to the law, and see where that leads you.

    I really have no opinion on the regulation of non-sporting firearms, but the facts just don't support their regulation as an overly statistically meaningful method of protecting human life.

    9000+- total people die from gun shot wounds in an average year in the US.

    40,000 die from alcohol related organic medical problems (no innocent victims).

    Another 40,000 die from alcohol related auto accidents (many innocent victims)

    450,000 die from the use of tobacco products, and 50,000 of them are non-smokers.

    The tobacco industry is a $12 billion a year industry, yet ONE STATE, California, spends $9 billion to treat tobacco related illness....

    So, until stats like this change, I'm just not interested in any discussion about gun control....

    More deaths are caused each year by tobacco use than by all deaths from human immunodeficiency virus (HIV), illegal drug use, alcohol use, motor vehicle injuries, suicides, and murders combined.1,2

    Now, if a measure comes to a ballot vote, and the ballot bans:

    Smoking
    Drinking alcohol
    High School & College Sports - especially football
    Fast cars
    Bathtubs
    Stairs
    Assault Weapons
    Onions, Bell Peppers, and Mushroom (ok, this is not really a requirement)

    Then I might vote for it.......

    mudhen

    1.Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Smoking-Attributable Mortality, Years of Potential Life Lost, and Productivity Losses—United States, 2000–2004. Morbidity and Mortality Weekly Report 2008;57(45):1226–8 [accessed 2011 Mar 11].
    2.McGinnis J, Foege WH. Actual Causes of Death in the United States. Journal of American Medical Association 1993;270:2207–12 [cited 2011 Mar 11].
    "Lighten up Francis" Sgt. Hulka

  25. #100
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    487
    Quote Originally Posted by kapusta View Post
    Seriously, I think you need to learn more about the nuances of the discussion going on in the US before you start going off on someone who basically agrees with you

    You are confusing "supporting people's right to own guns" with the NRA / gun industry agenda. While these overlap in some areas, there are NOT the same thing.

    You have let the NRA frame the discussion going on here for you, and are reacting to THEIR narrative.

    IMO, gun ownership rights are perfectly compatible with many sensible, reasonable gun regulation measures to reduce gun violence. The NRA always opposes such measures if there is any chance that it will result in fewer gun sales.
    I'm all for gun ownership, BUT, and only but if the applicant has a genuine reason for the firearm. Be it for sport, pest control I'm all for it, just how we have it set out in Australia, it's the only way it can work. 40% of guns sales in the US don't require a background check. Criminals getting their hands on the same firepower as the military/law enforcement is a disaster. This kid that did the shootings knew what he was doing, he was even wearing a bullet proof vest, why the fark would his mother need a bullet proof vest?

Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 14 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •