Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Toilet depth

mtbr member

Toilet depth

So I was drinking with some friends last night at home and one of my buddies commented on the new toilet in my bathroom and we got into a discussion about proper shall we say "muzzle" to water distance to avoid the dreaded splash back whilst taking the Browns to the Superbowl.

My new toilet does seem to have a much deeper bowl than older models which led to someone referencing the English Table of Drops Official Table of Drops - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Do toilet manufacturers take such things into account?

Sorry if this is disgusting to some but inquiring minds want to know!
    Here is the thing about equality, everyone's equal when they're dead. - Gavroche, Les Misérables

High Desert MTBer
    Quote Originally Posted by bigkat273 View Post
    So I was drinking with some friends last night at home and one of my buddies commented on the new toilet in my bathroom and we got into a discussion about proper shall we say "muzzle" to water distance to avoid the dreaded splash back whilst taking the Browns to the Superbowl.

My new toilet does seem to have a much deeper bowl than older models which led to someone referencing the English Table of Drops Official Table of Drops - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Do toilet manufacturers take such things into account?

Sorry if this is disgusting to some but inquiring minds want to know!

Now here is an interesting thread. I am not sure if toilet manufacturers reference gallows data when designing their products, but I am of the opinion this is unnecessary when we are dealing with a healthy sphincter/waste interface. As we expel, the sphincter is designed to close in such a way as to leave a certain streamlining on the hind end of the 'product', much the same as when a diver enters the water, so as to minimise any potential for the splashback you mention. God does indeed move in mysterious ways!

Should we be suffering from increased stress in our lives, or be a fan of the 'back door boogie', there may be instances where some cold water will surprise us, and this is where soothing music, a good book, or gentle heating around the bowl would be a good idea...

Luckily we do not live in some European countries, where they are still inclined to use the 'inspection platform' toilets, AKA 'the Continental Shelf'. These are designed for perverts and people with no sense of smell.
    It's all Here. Now.

re member
    My toilet is rated at 2.5 kurics.
    Rocktoberfest 2014 edit here
    Rocktoberfest 2014 clips here

MTB, Road, Commuting
    Quote Originally Posted by rockerc View Post
    ... As we expel, the sphincter is designed to close in such a way as to leave a certain streamlining on the hind end of the 'product', much the same as when a diver enters the water, so as to minimise any potential for the splashback you mention. God does indeed move in mysterious ways!...
    I thought the turd was tapered so your azzhole didn't slam shut. Ya learn something every day although I'm not sure of the source.

Shouldn't this go in the official poop thread? Here we go with duplicate threads again.

banned
    Aug 2012

Zappa

Why does it hurt when I pee ?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by bikeabuser View Post
    Why does it hurt when I pee ?
    and don't eat yellow snow

I'm your density
    All I know is mine's not deep enough to prevent a sea mount from becoming an island.
    "Two wrongs don't make a right, but three rights make a left."
    — Ty Webb

mtbr member

Toilet depth

I'm curious about the actual height of the seat. The ones here at work are so low, it's like squatting down. Your ass feels like its scraping the ground.
    The ones at my house (1 year old) feel a little too tall, causing numbness in my legs after only a couple minutes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Its all Shits and Giggles until somebody Giggles and Shits

re member
    Quote Originally Posted by Brewtality View Post
    The ones at my house (1 year old) feel a little too tall, causing numbness in my legs after only a couple minutes.
    Go to your LTS and ask about a professional fitting.
    Rocktoberfest 2014 edit here
    Rocktoberfest 2014 clips here

Lord Thunderbottom
    Quote Originally Posted by rockerc View Post
    As we expel, the sphincter is designed to close in such a way as to leave a certain streamlining on the hind end of the 'product', much the same as when a diver enters the water, so as to minimise any potential for the splashback you mention. God does indeed move in mysterious ways!
    So you're telling me that even cavemen were meant to poop in water? hmm, never thought about it like that

while we're talking about cool toilets, check this out Numi Toilet - Kohler's Most Advanced Toilet | Kohler
    Today I will do what others won't, so tomorrow I can do what others can't

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by TitanofChaos View Post
    So you're telling me that even cavemen were meant to poop in water? hmm, never thought about it like that

while we're talking about cool toilets, check this out Numi Toilet - Kohler's Most Advanced Toilet | Kohler
    Very nice indeed. This toilet comes with music, heating, light, speakers, FM turner, and advanced bidet wand. The light is for ambiance but I'd guess a full featured Toilet would have a light for reading and inspection. All for $6500 and change.

AZ
    banned
    Pics lead me to believe it also comes with a Hooker.

check your six
    The key is to lean forward a bit to give the "product" more of an angle to enter. Thus, less splashy splashy. That is unless your sputter-butting it. That's like throwing a handful of rocks into the water at once.
    "We can always find excuses if we want to find them, but if we really want to do something, we have to just go."

banned
    Aug 2012
    All I hear is an audio cesspool.

Trail Prospector
    According to the "Table of Drops"..
    Giant Growler's need less distance, and hang time than
    Tiny Turd's that must be unleashed from the upper stratosphere.

Tough to know what you're packing, so for the poop-obsessed OC,
    adjustable height toilets are now available online at Hammlecher & Schlemmer's.
    The best is the one you want to ride most often..

Front Range, Colorado
    I wanted to comment after the original post but.......I think it's all been covered. Flying W had me at "hang time" that was,a vision I didn't need. Insert little dude throwing up here >>>>
    ----------- __o
    --------- _`\<,_
    BRAAP(>)/ (*)
    ************^^^^^^Rock Garden
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qqpcBpSsj1A

banned
    Jan 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by bigkat273 View Post
    we got into a discussion about proper shall we say "muzzle" to water distance to avoid the dreaded splash back

Splash back is the least of my worries, im more concerned with enough clearance from muzzle to water so i dont "stir" the funky liquid.

Rogue Exterminator
    I just wish you could test drive a few models before committing on a purchase.
    Just stick it in granny and start grinding.

Rogue Exterminator
    Quote Originally Posted by BigRingGrinder View Post
    Splash back is the least of my worries, im more concerned with enough clearance from muzzle to water so i dont "stir" the funky liquid.
    Don't worry, I am pretty sure there are laws stating the water has to be more than an inch from the seat. You should be fine.
    Just stick it in granny and start grinding.

banned
    Jan 2013
    Lol!

usually cranky
    the key is to shoot one down like a chinese olympic diver.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    I get a couple calls per year from elderly men who have sagged gonads that hang in the juice. They ask if I can somehow lower the water table so they don't stir the juice.

Try pulling the refill tube out of the overflow tube. If the flapper closing is timed by the water level the water level will settle lower in the bowl. I actually have gottin quite a following customizing thunder jugs..

I spend money to advertize in the yellow pages for just these issues..i sometimes question my line of work after 4 years of college..
    lean forward

Afric Pepperbird
    What, no "the water's cold", and "deep, too!" jokes??

No known cure
    Quote Originally Posted by 1niceride View Post
    I get a couple calls per year from elderly men who have sagged gonads that hang in the juice. They ask if I can somehow lower the water table so they don't stir the juice.

Try pulling the refill tube out of the overflow tube. If the flapper closing is timed by the water level the water level will settle lower in the bowl. I actually have gottin quite a following customizing thunder jugs..

I spend money to advertize in the yellow pages for just these issues..i sometimes question my line of work after 4 years of college..
    I wish I would've know this before changing out the whole throne when I first bought this place. The dolphin was checking the seabed everytime I took a seat. Oh well, the seat was too short anyway, like driving a Dodge Neon rental car.
    Ripping trails and tipping ales

official eMpTyBRain
    My toilet works perfectly or fails depending on the consistency of my movements.
    ...and proud member of the anti-sock puppet desolation

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast