Front Range, Colorado

There's a bug in my windshield.

Really!
    Check this out someone ran in to a bicyclist in Wisconsin and kept right on going. One slight problem though, the bicyclist was stuck in the windshield and having a conversation with the driver as he drove home.

Wis. bicyclist stuck in windshield in hit-and-run accident
    --------- __o
    ------- _`\<,_
    ------ (*)/ (*)
    ************^^^^^^^^^Rock Garden

mtbr member
    Judging from the biohazard signs on the car the cut above his eye must have been a gusher.

human dehumidifier
    Nothing bleeds like a facial cut. I've got a big scar above my eye to prove my experience with it.
    The best lack all conviction, while the worst are full of passionate intensity - W.B. Yeats

sympathy for society
    That's just crazy!
    "We can always find excuses if we want to find them, but if we really want to do something, we have to just go."

duh
    I think there was a CSI episode like that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tone's View Post
    the big aussie rep bomb is comin your way

Front Range, Colorado
    Quote Originally Posted by deke505 View Post
    I think there was a CSI episode like that.
    What's bizarre is that there is a ten year old urban legend almost identical to this real life incident. When I heard it on the radio this morning I laughed and immediately called the station to ask them to check their facts. But they didn't answer so I googled this recent incident only to find out it really happened. The urban legend story that was floating the net about ten years ago was a bit more gruesome but basically identical. The story goes that the biker was stuck in the windshield and pleaded with the driver to call an ambulance. The driver ignored him and drove home and parked in his garage. He then walked in the house as the biker screamed and pleaded with him. But the driver ignored him and left him to bleed to death.

How bizarre that this ten year old fake story became a real event except the guy didn't bleed to death.
    --------- __o
    ------- _`\<,_
    ------ (*)/ (*)

mtbr member
    There are other versions of the older story that actually occured (taken from snopes.com: Dead Body on Car)

"In March 2002 the Fort Worth Star-Telegram carried a bizarre story about an October 2001 accident in which a 25-year-old woman named Chante Mallard, who had been drinking and using the drug Ecstasy, struck 37-year-old Gregory Glenn Biggs as she was driving home. The impact shot Biggs over the automobile's hood headfirst and sent him crashing through the windshield. Mallard continued home, parked the car in her garage, and lowered the garage door, leaving the still-alive Biggs trapped and bleeding on her car hood. She ignored his cries for help until he finally died about two hours later (not days later, as police initially maintained), then enlisted the help of several acquaintances to load his body into the car's trunk and dump it in a nearby park. In June 2003 Mallard was convicted of murder and sentenced to 50 years in prison."

Front Range, Colorado
    Quote Originally Posted by Wishful Tomcat View Post
    There are other versions of the older story that actually occured (taken from snopes.com: Dead Body on Car)

"In March 2002 the Fort Worth Star-Telegram carried a bizarre story about an October 2001 accident in which a 25-year-old woman named Chante Mallard, who had been drinking and using the drug Ecstasy, struck 37-year-old Gregory Glenn Biggs as she was driving home. The impact shot Biggs over the automobile's hood headfirst and sent him crashing through the windshield. Mallard continued home, parked the car in her garage, and lowered the garage door, leaving the still-alive Biggs trapped and bleeding on her car hood. She ignored his cries for help until he finally died about two hours later (not days later, as police initially maintained), then enlisted the help of several acquaintances to load his body into the car's trunk and dump it in a nearby park. In June 2003 Mallard was convicted of murder and sentenced to 50 years in prison."
    That's the story I was referring to. I thought it was an urban legend but apparently it happened. Yes that's the one and it was in 2001' or 02'. Are sure that really happened?
    --------- __o
    ------- _`\<,_
    ------ (*)/ (*)

official eMpTyBRain
    Didn't that happen somewhere near heyyall's neck of the woods? Is that how people in that part of the country really are??? So laid back?!

...waiting for heyyall to chime on in...
    ...and proud member of the anti-sock puppet desolation

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by DIRTJUNKIE View Post
    That's the story I was referring to. I thought it was an urban legend but apparently it happened. Yes that's the one and it was in 2001' or 02'. Are sure that really happened?
    My portal of knowledge says yes

The Item - Google News Archive Search

duh
    My portal of knowledge says yes

The Item - Google News Archive Search
    What is wrong with those people, that is just sick
    Quote Originally Posted by Tone's View Post
    the big aussie rep bomb is comin your way

I build my own.
    A relative of my ex hit a cyclist while driving intoxicated. The fellow went over the roof and into the bed of the pickup. The driver didn't notice he'd hit anyone and drove home, parked and went in the house. The police knocked on the door several hours later and arrested him after finding the body of the cyclist in the bed of the truck in the driveway. People at the scene gave a description of the truck and I guess the police went looking for it.

The driver was charged and convicted of manslaughter. He did 3 of a 5 year sentence and now has his license back.
    I have a device that can access the total knowledge of man. I use it to look at pictures of cats and argue with strangers.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Trail Ninja View Post
    A relative of my ex hit a cyclist while driving intoxicated. The fellow went over the roof and into the bed of the pickup. The driver didn't notice he'd hit anyone and drove home, parked and went in the house. The police knocked on the door several hours later and arrested him after finding the body of the cyclist in the bed of the truck in the driveway. People at the scene gave a description of the truck and I guess the police went looking for it.

The driver was charged and convicted of manslaughter. He did 3 of a 5 year sentence and now has his license back.
    Is this it? (also from snopes.com)
    "In Victoria, British Columbia, on 15 December 1998, a cyclist struck by a pickup was vaulted into its bed, where he subsequently died of his injuries. Although the vehicle's driver and passenger were obviously aware they'd hit someone (the victim smashed into the windshield and rolled over the cab before landing in the truck's bed), they were apparently unaware the victim had landed in their truck as they sped away from the scene of the accident. Police quickly located the hit-and-run vehicle: its license plate had come off at the scene of impact."

mtbr member
    Sep 2010
    Truly bizarre. The delivery guy is pretty cool, though.
    Re-Cycled Person who rides a mountain bicycle.

I build my own.
    Is this it? (also from snopes.com)
    "In Victoria, British Columbia, on 15 December 1998, a cyclist struck by a pickup was vaulted into its bed, where he subsequently died of his injuries. Although the vehicle's driver and passenger were obviously aware they'd hit someone (the victim smashed into the windshield and rolled over the cab before landing in the truck's bed), they were apparently unaware the victim had landed in their truck as they sped away from the scene of the accident. Police quickly located the hit-and-run vehicle: its license plate had come off at the scene of impact."
    yup, that's it.
    I have a device that can access the total knowledge of man. I use it to look at pictures of cats and argue with strangers.