Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    official eMpTyBRain

Cool-blue Rhythm Tell us about your day

Here it is, the new OC daily diary thread. Feel free to share thoughts, experiences, and activities or whatever from your day.
    ...and proud member of the anti-sock puppet desolation

I didn't do it
    I have largely uneventful days but hopefully that will change before too much longer.
    Let's eat Ted
    Let's eat, Ted
    Remember, commas save lives

fresh fish in stock...... SuperModerator
    stuck in product upload hell.

blah

bicth and moan

blah.

cannot wait until I build my digital team.
    Visit these 2 places to help advance trail access:
    http://www.sharingthepct.org/
    http://www.facebook.com/SharingThePct

official eMpTyBRain
    Quote Originally Posted by Mookie View Post
    I have largely uneventful days but hopefully that will change before too much longer.
    Is this due to your current limited mobility?

I didn't do it
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawg View Post
    Is this due to your current limited mobility?
    Yeah it sure is. If I walk around too much the foot can swell a bit and it gets a little sore. And I still walk with Frankestein's gait. I've been able to work at home with a couple days/wk at the real work. But not able to get around too much is a bit like prison. I go back to the surgeon this week and I'm hoping to get the OK for more extensive movement. I'm really hoping for at least some time in the saddle. I'm going freakin' crazy!!
    Let's eat Ted
    Let's eat, Ted

re member
    I feel for ya, man. That would suck big time.
    Quote Originally Posted by My Avatar
    WOOF!
    My videos on Vimeo

I didn't do it
    Thanks net, it's been about 8 wks postop and I'm ready to get moving again.
    Let's eat Ted
    Let's eat, Ted

official eMpTyBRain
    Quote Originally Posted by CHUM View Post
    stuck in product upload hell.

blah

bicth and moan

blah.

cannot wait until I build my digital team.
    Hope things smooth out for ya asap.

official eMpTyBRain
    My day was full of positives.

1) I worked a short day
    2) I brought my bike & garb with me and rode where my work day ended
    3) I just ordered new Pearl Izumi riding shorts!

Now, if I can just get a decent night's sleep (darn insomnia!), I could be in for 2 good days in a row.

High Desert MTBer
    My day has sucked so far! I wanted to give my motorbike a good clean as I am/was going to sell it to try and defray some medical costs etc. I got some new to me cleaner/degreaser from Ace, SuperClean, and read the instructions. I did all I was supposed to do, tested it on inconspicuous surfaces, just on cold surfaces, did not leave it on too long, power-washed it off within minutes etc etc. To my horror, when all was properly sprayed off, pretty much all the alloy surfaces, except the ones I had tested: Engine side cases, footrest hangers,some fittings, the fork sliders etc are marked with streaks, spots, some kind of residue or scouring that no amount of elbow grease will remove. My bike is ruined. The company who make the stuff have not yet responded to my enquiries, and my insurance company are checking to see if I am covered for this. My agent is hopeful, but there is still a deductible even if I am covered. I have taken exceptional care of it for 7 years, and what really sucks is that something so seemingly innocuous can cause such extensive damage. Sheesh, I have been using all kinds of degreasers for decades with no issues!
    It's all Here. Now.

mtbr member
    Insomnia.
    I went to see my doctor today to find out why I'm not sleeping any more than a few hours a night.
    The conclusion is that I'm over training. For clarification purposes, I'm not training for anything, just have energy to burn these days and feel the need to ride it off on multiple sessions on the trail every day.
    So she told me to take some time off.
    I did. It was tough. Even got suited up at one point then decided against.
    I'll be back at it tomorrow. What can I say, I'm weak and there's nothing in my house left to clean.

fresh fish in stock...... SuperModerator
    oh...and i go this built last saturday in my town after 3.5 years of dealing with the city....

and haven't been able to ride it yet

Tell us about your day-pt-alex.jpg

Photo by Alex Fowler of Action Sports Construction
    Visit these 2 places to help advance trail access:
    http://www.sharingthepct.org/
    http://www.facebook.com/SharingThePct

official eMpTyBRain
    Quote Originally Posted by rockerc View Post
    My day has sucked so far! I wanted to give my motorbike a good clean as I am/was going to sell it to try and defray some medical costs etc. I got some new to me cleaner/degreaser from Ace, SuperClean, and read the instructions. I did all I was supposed to do, tested it on inconspicuous surfaces, just on cold surfaces, did not leave it on too long, power-washed it off within minutes etc etc. To my horror, when all was properly sprayed off, pretty much all the alloy surfaces, except the ones I had tested: Engine side cases, footrest hangers,some fittings, the fork sliders etc are marked with streaks, spots, some kind of residue or scouring that no amount of elbow grease will remove. My bike is ruined. The company who make the stuff have not yet responded to my enquiries, and my insurance company are checking to see if I am covered for this. My agent is hopeful, but there is still a deductible even if I am covered. I have taken exceptional care of it for 7 years, and what really sucks is that something so seemingly innocuous can cause such extensive damage. Sheesh, I have been using all kinds of degreasers for decades with no issues!
    Total drag! I ruined the finish on a pair of XTR cranks with a degreaser once. I was pissed but my LBS took care of me since they sold the product to me.

I didn't do it
    Oh man, that's frustrating rockerc. C'mon insurance come through on this one.
    Let's eat Ted
    Let's eat, Ted

duh
    Went to the drive'in with my nephew to see teenage mutant ninja turtles.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tone's View Post
    the big aussie rep bomb is comin your way

official eMpTyBRain
    Quote Originally Posted by deke505 View Post
    Went to the drive'in with my nephew to see teenage mutant ninja turtles.
    I haven't been to a drive in since I was a senior in high school. I hear that they are making a comeback, though. How was the movie?

duh
    I haven't been to a drive-in theater since I was a senior in high school. I hear that they are making a comeback, though. How was the movie?
    It was good. And that was the first time I was at a drive'in since I was like 7. neet experience would go again.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tone's View Post
    the big aussie rep bomb is comin your way

mtbr member
    Aug 2014
    Today I spent the day with my wife. Kids went back to school and it was just the 2 of us. A much needed break.

I didn't do it
    I really like drive ins. Haven't been in about 15 yrs but I would love to go again. There are something like 4 in the entire state of WA and none of them are particularly close to me. Too bad really because it's a very social, fun activity. It can be as family friendly or decadent as you want.
    Let's eat Ted
    Let's eat, Ted

official eMpTyBRain
    I really like drive ins. Haven't been in about 15 yrs but I would love to go again. There are something like 4 in the entire state of WA and none of them are particularly close to me. Too bad really because it's a very social, fun activity. It can be as family friendly or decadent as you want.
    Last one I went to (in my senior year), I was on a date. Things went extremely well, too.

I didn't do it
    Last one I went to (in my senior year), I was on a date. Things went extremely well, too.
    Nicely done, Hawg. Drive ins are extremely conducive to grabs, feels and whatnot.

Ah, those were the days.
    Let's eat Ted
    Let's eat, Ted

Front Range, Colorado
    My day has sucked so far! I wanted to give my motorbike a good clean as I am/was going to sell it to try and defray some medical costs etc. I got some new to me cleaner/degreaser from Ace, SuperClean, and read the instructions. I did all I was supposed to do, tested it on inconspicuous surfaces, just on cold surfaces, did not leave it on too long, power-washed it off within minutes etc etc. To my horror, when all was properly sprayed off, pretty much all the alloy surfaces, except the ones I had tested: Engine side cases, footrest hangers,some fittings, the fork sliders etc are marked with streaks, spots, some kind of residue or scouring that no amount of elbow grease will remove. My bike is ruined. The company who make the stuff have not yet responded to my enquiries, and my insurance
    company are checking to see if I am covered for
    this. My agent is hopeful, but there is still a
    deductible even if I am covered. I have taken
    exceptional care of it for 7 years, and what really
    sucks is that something so seemingly innocuous
    can cause such extensive damage. Sheesh, I have
    been using all kinds of degreasers for decades with
    no issues!
    RC,
    Oh mate I feel for you. That is devistating I hope your insurance steps up. Degreasers are scary. I ruined a SRAM XO rear Derailer from a degresser and I was way pissed off. I even purposely told the salesman I wanted a less harsh one in case it got on my paint. He guided me to an orange degreaser which is more environmentally friendly. It ate the painted XO logo right off in a millisecond. I can't imagine what you are going
    through emotionally with your whole motorcycle
    damaged.
    ----------- __o
    --------- _`\<,_
    BRAAP(>)/ (*)
    ************^^^^^^^Rock Garden

official eMpTyBRain
    Nicely done, Hawg. Drive ins are extremely conducive to grabs, feels and whatnot.

Ah, those were the days.
    I didn't look at the screen one time for the entire movie. I have no idea what was playing.

Front Range, Colorado
    I didn't look at the screen one time for the entire movie. I have no idea what was playing.
    Probably Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.
    ----------- __o
    --------- _`\<,_
    BRAAP(>)/ (*)
    ************^^^^^^^Rock Garden

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    I wasted my day on mtbr. Not the first one either.
    Noogie...Noogie...Noogie.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast