mtbr member
    Dec 2006

Sweet Supermoto Video! Motorcycle Hooligan Action!

This is a video I made of me and my friends riding our motorcycles last summer! Check it out and tell me what you think of it!

Feel free to subscribe to my YouTube channel!!!!

mtbr member
    Aug 2007

mtbr member
    The best thing is that you can even have more fun off-road by just switching to knobby tires (or have a set of rims with knobby tires to swap).

mtbr member
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Siddhartha Valmont View Post
    The best thing is that you can even have more fun off-road by just switching to knobby tires (or have a set of rims with knobby tires to swap).
    I am saving up for a set of dirt wheels as we speak! Can't wait to get out and rip a true dirt bike!

Always in the wrong gear
    Sweet vid! That crash at 1.38 looks like it hurt a lil. Ever thought about Flattrack or supermoto racing? We have an event out west every year called Stateline Supermoto Challenge, It is the most fun you can have on 2 or 4 wheels. Yes, they race quads and sometime UTV's also.

Last edited by Coondog#77; 02-21-2013 at 02:23 PM.

mtbr member
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Coondog#77 View Post
    Sweet vid! That crash at 1.38 looks like it hurt a lil. Ever thought about Flattrack or supermoto racing? We have an event out west every year called Stateline Supermoto Challenge, It is the most fun you can have on 2 or 4 wheels. Yes, they race quads and sometime UTV's also.

I would LOVE to get to a supermoto race at some point! I've never had any track time but I think it would be an ABSOLUTE BLAST! That state line race looks like a lot of fun!

That crash broke 2 of his ribs haha. He rode home and was out riding with me the next day....needless to say he's not the smartest kid I know hahaha!

mtbr member
    awesome video! I love me a little SM action.

I've actually been thinking VERY VERY hard about selling my Ducati, and getting one of these to hooligan around on:

ZERO FX ELECTRIC MOTORCYCLE

I like the idea of silent hooliganism, and they have the range of some gas bikes now. I can only do 140 miles on tank with mine.

mtbr member
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Le Pirate View Post
    awesome video! I love me a little SM action.

I've actually been thinking VERY VERY hard about selling my Ducati, and getting one of these to hooligan around on:

ZERO FX ELECTRIC MOTORCYCLE

I like the idea of silent hooliganism, and they have the range of some gas bikes now. I can only do 140 miles on tank with mine.
    That thing looks like a blast! Only thing I can't justify is the price.....12k for one of them???!! I'd rather just buy the new KTM Superduke 1290

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by wileskws View Post
    That thing looks like a blast! Only thing I can't justify is the price.....12k for one of them???!! I'd rather just buy the new KTM Superduke 1290
    I'm with you. I think the only reason I don't have one in the garage right now is that I'm hung up on the price! I've been to the shop twice now to look at them...if I go a 3rd time, I might come home one.

Also, they are cutting some pretty good deals. Dealer price is a little under MSRP, plus Zero is giving an instant 2500 "carbon credit" if you trade in a regular motorcycle, and you get a federal tax credit because it's an EV (I think about 1200 for this bike). Also some states have additional tax credits, but I live in Texas...so I'll probably have to pay a tax penalty for buying a vehicle that DOESN'T use gas!

mtbr member
    Dec 2006
    I'm with you. I think the only reason I don't have one in the garage right now is that I'm hung up on the price! I've been to the shop twice now to look at them...if I go a 3rd time, I might come home one.

Also, they are cutting some pretty good deals. Dealer price is a little under MSRP, plus Zero is giving an instant 2500 "carbon credit" if you trade in a regular motorcycle, and you get a federal tax credit because it's an EV (I think about 1200 for this bike). Also some states have additional tax credits, but I live in Texas...so I'll probably have to pay a tax penalty for buying a vehicle that DOESN'T use gas!
    Haha nice texas quip Have you seen the KTM free ride E? Those look like so much fun! I think in the very near future electric bikes will be an extremely viable option! Plus with all those perks you are talking about it sounds better and better! Have you ridden one?

mtbr member
    I've seen the freeride E. Pretty cool. I know some people aren't sure, but I think electric is the way of the future...especially for the fun torque-i-ness. I've riden the Zero MX (last years model), and it's a blast! The 2013 is supposed to be much better, power (HP, torque) and battery (distance) wise.

Here's a video of the MX (just like the FX, but with knobbies and no lights) racing in a Hare Scramble...a super muddy hare scramble:

Zero MX 2012 racing against open-class gas bikes in the AMA Phantom Harescramble - YouTube

mtbr member
    Dec 2006
    I've seen the freeride E. Pretty cool. I know some people aren't sure, but I think electric is the way of the future...especially for the fun torque-i-ness. I've riden the Zero MX (last years model), and it's a blast! The 2013 is supposed to be much better, power (HP, torque) and battery (distance) wise.

I love this video of the free ride E! That guy was killin it on the electric bike! For a hare scramble that would be unbeatable to have a bike that couldn't ever stall! I'd love to get a ride in on one of the new ones!

mtbr member
    Freeride looks pretty awesome, and I just read that they are going to have a street legal version (hopefully sooner rather than later). I guess they aren't on sell in the US yet, though. I like that they put both the front and rear brakes on the bars like a bicycle, but you still have the option of the foot operated rear. Pretty cool!

Hopefully the street version will have the charger built in, so you can use public charging stations like the Zeros